Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Toddler stabbed to death in flat

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2007, 10:24 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Toddler stabbed to death in flat

Just make you want to weep, how can people do this!?!

A toddler has been stabbed to death and her mother is in a serious condition in hospital following an incident at a flat, Scotland Yard said.

The girl - believed to be aged two - was found at a flat in Law House, Maybury Road, Barking, east London.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police are investigating the suspicious death of a child in Barking. At approximately 12.15am the body of a girl, believed aged two, was found at a flat in Law House, Maybury Road, Barking.

"The child was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem investigation has yet to be arranged.

"We believe we know her identity but await formal identification.

"A woman, believed aged in her 20s, was found suffering stab wounds.

"She was taken to an east London hospital where her situation is believed to be serious but not life-threatening.

"Officers from the child abuse investigation command are investigating. There have been no arrests."
Old 14 August 2007, 10:33 AM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

So sad, the poor girl didnt get to start her life.

Lets just hope they catch who did it.
Old 14 August 2007, 10:33 AM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

plus ca change paul, plus ca change. except in days of yore, the perp would actually be punished stiffly. one waters down the criminal justice deterrent at one's peril ... but those that should know better sadly have.
Old 14 August 2007, 10:36 AM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

disgraceful, just makes you realise what this world is coming to
Old 14 August 2007, 11:30 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I did not forsee this specific event, but this is the reason I started the Clarkson for PM thread. We are in desperate need for someone in charge to stand up and actually DO something.

Every criminal knows that the prisons are overcrowded. Inevitably this means lighter sentences (or early release, I don't care what you call it). The government have known that we need new prisons, but don't spend the cash. But we will spend masses of cash on pointless wars, we will subsidise Europe, and we will allow just about every Tom, Dick and Harry to come to this country to live on benefits.

We've got to start and look out for number one. All this wrapping people up in cotton wool has to stop. Adult sentences need to be harsh, and they must be applied to all teenagers. By the time you leave primary school you should know right from wrong, if you don't, its time the judicial system showed you.

We are in desperate need for some straight talking politicians who have some spine. People who will actually say what they feel, and not be afraid of pressure groups playing the racism card, or whatever other card they like to hide behind. "Positive" discrimination, which this government allows to happen is simply abhorrent. It should simply be illegal.
Old 14 August 2007, 11:40 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

This is a tragic story and it is so sad that anyone would want to harm a child.

I cannot help but observe that the responders to this post epitomise what is wrong with this society. It is the language and behaviour of spineless victims.

Oh, woe, it is the Governments fault, we are at the hands of social engineers, we are in desperate need for someone in charge to stand up. Yes, it is always someone else's fault and we are mere victims, sorry, passengers!

Well - here is the good news - society is defined by everyone who lives in it and as long as members of society sit their behaving like victims then nothing will change, well certainly not the way you think it should.

Rant over.
Old 14 August 2007, 11:41 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yet another awful tragedy. How can people do this sort of thing?

I just don't know how anyone can say that serious violent crime and murder is not increasing at an alarmimg rate. It really is time that we had a strong leader who will do something for the electorate for a change and stamp down heavily on all crime and consider bringing back the ultimate penalty for murder!

Les
Old 14 August 2007, 01:44 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rannoch
This is a tragic story and it is so sad that anyone would want to harm a child.

I cannot help but observe that the responders to this post epitomise what is wrong with this society. It is the language and behaviour of spineless victims.

Oh, woe, it is the Governments fault, we are at the hands of social engineers, we are in desperate need for someone in charge to stand up. Yes, it is always someone else's fault and we are mere victims, sorry, passengers!

Well - here is the good news - society is defined by everyone who lives in it and as long as members of society sit their behaving like victims then nothing will change, well certainly not the way you think it should.

Rant over.
That basically means being a vigilante. That is supposed to be something this country has been able to move on from. Policing the streets is meant to be done by a police force, and judgment done by a judicial system. A mob rule mentality may well get some of these people off the streets, but it just hands power from one group of very nasty people, to another group of people who use violence as a negotiating tool.

I do get some of what you say. Each person has to do something. In a democracy I would say that it is each persons responsibility to make their voice heard so that the policies we need are implemented. The police were much more effective in dealing with teenage gangs a few decades ago than there are now.
Old 14 August 2007, 04:02 PM
Steptoe
Scooby Regular

Makes you sick,can't imagine what goes through the minds of these fuc*ing scumbags.
Old 14 August 2007, 04:30 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
That basically means being a vigilante. That is supposed to be something this country has been able to move on from. Policing the streets is meant to be done by a police force, and judgment done by a judicial system. A mob rule mentality may well get some of these people off the streets, but it just hands power from one group of very nasty people, to another group of people who use violence as a negotiating tool.

I do get some of what you say. Each person has to do something. In a democracy I would say that it is each persons responsibility to make their voice heard so that the policies we need are implemented. The police were much more effective in dealing with teenage gangs a few decades ago than there are now.
Where did I mention vigilante? Something I would NEVER condone.

My point is - if you don't like our politics/judicial system/leadership/social structure then do something about it. Otherwise what is the point?
Old 14 August 2007, 04:42 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick with this one, but the report I saw said 'officers are not seeking anyone else in connection....' I took that to mean that the mother did it and then stabbed herself. None of the stories have that tagline now
Old 14 August 2007, 06:17 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

It depends if she's diagnosed with clinical psychological disorder. I think they would then section her under the 1983 mental health act rather than arrest her. Not sure tbh
Old 14 August 2007, 06:44 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rannoch
Where did I mention vigilante? Something I would NEVER condone.

My point is - if you don't like our politics/judicial system/leadership/social structure then do something about it. Otherwise what is the point?
Well I don't like it for one. But what do you actually suggest I do (aside from getting out)?

OK so I try and keep my family in order and would support teachers who give an unruly kid a clip around the ear. Big deal

You don't want vigilantes - fair enough. So are you suggesting that I just vote for the party that might do something? But I don't see a party that will do that. I am not going to vote for BNP or similar.

So please advise. dl
Old 14 August 2007, 10:50 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just saw an update and it appears the Mother is now a suspect. It seems all the stabbings seem to be by African Immigrants lately they seem to hold the value of human life with very little value.