Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Should we be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2007, 12:14 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Should we be worried?

I've recently started receiving mail addressed not to me but to someone else at my address.
All I did was write "not known at this address" and put it back in the post.

Then I got one addressed to the same guy, at an address VERY similar to mine, (the street name being only two letters different and being pronounced almost the same).

Apparently this new road is on a new estate. Great idea, North Lincs council!

I circled the different post code, wrote all over it and sent it on again.

THIS morning, I've just had the police here looking for this guy, with, once again, MY address.

They wouldn't tell me what they wanted with him, obviously, but it occurs to me that we COULD end up with real problems here, especilally if matey has any money problems. HIS credit score could end up attached to MY address.

Any advice, anyone?

Alcazar
Old 15 July 2007, 01:14 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Credit scores haven't been linked to addresses for years.
Old 15 July 2007, 02:10 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

My parents have had this for years, they live in ***** Avenue and there are three(!) avenues locally all with the same name. To make it more confusing half way along it becomes ***** Road but there is no definite boundary where it changes from avenue to road.
They resorted to having a sign made that is affixed next to their letterbox stating their surname and the fact that it is ***** Ave and not road but that hasn't stopped pizzas, taxis, ambulances.....all turning up.
They have never had any problems with credit scores though.
Old 15 July 2007, 02:13 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

It might be worth having a chat with your local sorting office as well, if you are just writing 'Not known at this address' then the postie probably doesn't realise it is his mistake, you could write 'Delivered to incorrect address by postman' on it instead.
Old 15 July 2007, 06:38 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had something similar. A woman moved into a house on a new development opposite mine. For some reason she thinks that her address is where I live. I started to receive bank statements etc. I sent them back "not at this address".

Then I had a mobile bille. I opened it thinking it was mine - same network! So I had her phone number, so I phoned her but couldn't get through.

I returned from holiday to find some very wet mothercare boxes outside (it'd been raining for 2 days and it was after a bank holiday!). I phoned her, she answered and collected her stuff, saying that she'd sort it..........

......... all good, until yesterday when I had a TV licience for her at my address. So, I give up, I may even cancel my own TV licience......
Old 16 July 2007, 01:05 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I can understand your worry about it. Too many are only too pleased to put something down against you without properly researching the facts. When it comes out they seem to be able to put it down as an honest mistake with no comeback for them and not even an apology.

Hope it sorts out alright.

Les