Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So what makes multi-million ££ earning Formula 1 drivers so appealing ?

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2007, 09:55 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what makes multi-million ££ earning Formula 1 drivers so appealing ?

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Hamilton vows to 'step up game'

Check out the the picture at the bottom ! Dont think Lewis is gonna get away from her in a hurry !!

R.
Old 09 July 2007, 09:57 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RoShamBo
BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Hamilton vows to 'step up game'

Check out the the picture at the bottom ! Dont think Lewis is gonna get away from her in a hurry !!

R.
Good spot

lucky barsteward.

chop
Old 09 July 2007, 10:03 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

LMAO
Old 09 July 2007, 11:48 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He will eventually eclipse Schumacher I reckon.

Les
Old 09 July 2007, 06:04 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^^^
Don't see it my-self.
Old 09 July 2007, 06:07 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

He is a massively talented driver though... and agree, I think he has the potential to become (and watch this comment come back to bite me on the ****) possibly one of the greatest F1 drivers ever.

Just hope the "media" doesn't spoil him..
Old 09 July 2007, 07:12 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nah,dont think he will better michael schui,he`ll be good,but i reckon the bristish public will weigh him down and the pressure on his shoulders will eventually make him another damon hill/button (granted he`s done better than those in his 1st yr than there combined 15-20 yrs etc)
Old 09 July 2007, 07:16 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

22, good looking, making a fortune, beating them off with a sh1tty stick !
Old 09 July 2007, 07:44 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

I think the guy is beating his self up, come on 9 races 9 podiums, not bad, I know he wanted to win the British Grand Prix but sadly the car was not good enough I personally think he will be a world champion because he has such a great talant for a 22 year old.
Cheers
Colin
Old 09 July 2007, 10:56 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

I doubt he would have been on the podium if Massa hadn't stalled on the grid though.
Old 09 July 2007, 11:02 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daz34
I doubt he would have been on the podium if Massa hadn't stalled on the grid though.
and and Schumacher would be one title shorter if he hadn't punted, and and...
Old 10 July 2007, 08:10 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I was cheering Hamilton on at the start of the season, but he's really started to annoy me now so I'm back to supporting Kimi Raikkonen again.

A couple of weeks ago he referred to the drivers lower down the grid as a bunch of monkeys in an interview. And he's already started hanging out with the rapper/crystal champagne brigade, who are helping him "work on his image and branding".

As Mark Blundell said on ITV on sunday, I really hope he doesn't get turned into a total w@nker by the people who are starting to gravitate towards him.

Yeah he's obviously good, but the McLaren was clearly the best car at the start of the season so he had a big advantage. Now Ferrari have caught up he's actually got some serious competition. Not forgetting Alonso who's a double world champion and has had a bit of bad luck recently, he's by no means a spent force.
Old 10 July 2007, 10:02 AM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

i think lewis will become a great, clearly he does have a lot of talent. Granted he didnt have the car to win the race at Silverstone.

however i think maybe this year or certainly within a couple of years he will be world champion. regardless of mclaren having the better car for the first lot of races 9 podium finishes in your first season so far is fantastic.

i am a big ferrari fan too but i just cannot stand how finnish people talk, i start nodding off or losing concentration within a few seconds.

as for the rappers etc looking after his image, so what. if its what he wants to do thats upto him. being the young lad he is its probably the type of music he may be into.
Old 10 July 2007, 11:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
I was cheering Hamilton on at the start of the season, but he's really started to annoy me now so I'm back to supporting Kimi Raikkonen again.

A couple of weeks ago he referred to the drivers lower down the grid as a bunch of monkeys in an interview. And he's already started hanging out with the rapper/crystal champagne brigade, who are helping him "work on his image and branding".

As Mark Blundell said on ITV on sunday, I really hope he doesn't get turned into a total w@nker by the people who are starting to gravitate towards him.

Yeah he's obviously good, but the McLaren was clearly the best car at the start of the season so he had a big advantage. Now Ferrari have caught up he's actually got some serious competition. Not forgetting Alonso who's a double world champion and has had a bit of bad luck recently, he's by no means a spent force.
I had noticed those remarks too and found them a bit disappointing. I think that all that sudden fame and media attention coupled with his amazing success so far is a bit much for a lad of his age to cope with and I also hope that it does not affect him too much. He needs a mature person, like his dad perhaps to give him some gentle guidance.

All that apart, he has an outstanding ability not only in controlling the car but also his situation and spatial awareness. His car was not in the same league as the Ferraris or Alonso's car for that matter and Silverstone is a difficult circuit to make up on for that loss in performnace. I don't think that minor error in the pits made any significant difference or any great loss of time.

Les
Old 10 July 2007, 11:44 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

It won't be long before he moves to MontyCarlo like the rest of them.
The Super Soaraway Sun now claims it was one of their lovelies that distracted Lewis last weekend...

The Sun Online - Sport: Sun stunner distracted Lewis <--pics of boobies for those at work
Old 10 July 2007, 12:15 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan

Yes I noticed this too and was disappointed with him for the "monkeys" comment but not nearly as disappointed as I was when I read that he'd been hanging out with Pharrell Williams and P Diddy NO, LEWIS, NO!!

I've followed his career since his karting days as he comes from a little village not far away from my home village and although I want him to do very well I don't want him becoming too cocky. I hate cockiness. Let's hope he stays grounded and doesn't forget his roots although how easy that is going to be in this weird world of celebrity and excess is anyone's guess. Just stay away from the rappers!
Old 10 July 2007, 12:42 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
I'm not sure he will, but we can be sure he won't cheat as much as the "great man".
Old 10 July 2007, 01:05 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Did Blundell really say that? Or words to that effect?

Theres some bint on the front of the Star yesterday about some steamy relationship with LH.

The british media like to through love and **** in equal measures to all and everyone.

Think I'd rather be Anthony Davidson TBH. Car might be **** but at least your being left alone to get on with it and you don't have every other tart with a ****-out fetish saying she "bedded" me.

That would hack me off big time. I'd like to be in that position just so I could tell them to F off.

LH is a great driver but I can't help feeling he puts on a bit of front. He risks sounding fake if you get what I mean.
Old 11 July 2007, 02:51 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The "hyper" attitude of much of the media and the way they stretch the truth to put it mildly, has a great deal to answer for in many ways.

Les
Old 11 July 2007, 04:23 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Did Blundell really say that? Or words to that effect?
He didn't use the word w@nker, but he did say he was worried about the influence some of the people starting to hang around with Lewis and whether they'd "change" his personality for the worse.

I'm sure he has lots of good people around him too though, hopefully he'll get the right kind of advice from them, people like his dad and Ron Dennis etc.
Old 11 July 2007, 04:51 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Just wait for the British media to find some bit of dirt on him and then blow it out of all proportion to make a story.
Old 11 July 2007, 07:17 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

i think people need to wake up a little regarding hamilton! at the end of the day, imo, Button would have been topping the championship this year if he had started the season with mclaren!!
Old 11 July 2007, 08:45 PM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les

Bit of a tall order there...
would be nice for a Brit driver, but again quite a longshot
Old 11 July 2007, 08:46 PM
pnbond007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by B9GLY
i think people need to wake up a little regarding hamilton! at the end of the day, imo, Button would have been topping the championship this year if he had started the season with mclaren!!
No Way......
Old 12 July 2007, 12:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

No doubt that Shumacher was an outstanding driver, but if he keeps going as he started I think he can outdo him. He has got the top abilities necessary to do it.

Button started as a very capable driver as well but I think he has lost the spark needed to be at the very top, and with his present luck it is not surprising. I doubt that he would outdrive Hamilton or Alonso if he was in the same car as them though.

Les
Old 12 July 2007, 01:18 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Button reminds me a bit of Montoya - thinks he is way better than he actually is.
Agree he hasn't had the best car, but Shuey and other top drivers would (and did) have won races in the same car that he has had if they were driving it.

I mean MS has won &/or come close to winning world championships while not having the best car on the circuit. He used to stay late into the night to work on the car's set-up. Don't see Button doing that (wouldldn't want him to be late for the nightclub would we)

Hamilton is unique in that as a rookie he has THE best car on the track, by a long way (Ferrari are catching up)
No other driver in their rookie year, or really first 2 years at least had the best car on the circuit, they had to earn it the hard way by winning races in lesser cars, getting noticed by the big teams and being given a break - so LH has a huge advantage that cannot be ignored.

There must be a lot of pressure on him just because he is in the best car - and so far he is handling it, but so far he hasn't had much competition - even from Alonso (who I feel buckles and gets pressured far too easily) Now the Ferrari's are up there with the McLarens I expect to see more pressure, more racing and we will see if he can handle it.