Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sky in various rooms

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2007, 11:57 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky in various rooms

How do i do it without having to pay an extra tenner per room ?

Got 6 rooms i need to cover, two will be HD, one probably Sky + & the rest Sky standard.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Cheers

PS i dont mind paying for the HD ones. Also i can supply the other 3 boxes (standard sky).
Old 27 June 2007, 12:01 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Wow, Global Warming coming to a house near you

6 TVs
Old 27 June 2007, 12:28 AM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

If you are planning to run 2x HD boxes and 1 x sky plus box you will need more then 1 dish as both hd boxes and the sky plus box require 2x Lnb feeds. The most you can get off a sky mini dish as far as i am aware is 4 off the standard quad (4 way LND). Just something you may want to take into consideration. If you don't mind having the same station on in a couple of rooms (as i assume you won't have all 6 going at the same time ) i would try using some wireless video senders i have had good results with the phillips one's
Old 27 June 2007, 01:23 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

The problem is, if you want to watch different channels on different TVs, you need seperate boxes, which need their own cards.

Now unless you can find someone who can clone them (call me if you find someone...please ) or into messing with CAMS, Funcards or whatever they call them, then your stumped with sharing a feed from a single box or paying for extra subscriptions. Either via distributed Aerial (grainy picture, and in Mono ) Or a Video sender (horrible Composite signal), that ***** up when you or your neighbour 3 houses down the street uses the microwave oven.

No perfect solution out there at the moment without resorting to 5 extra £10 a month subscriptions, or hacking the boxes/cards. I wouldn't normally condone the latter, but seeing its Sky we're talking about, I will
Old 27 June 2007, 08:07 AM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Video senders will do the job however if they arent the most expensive variety they will suffer distortion eg. The Microwave.
You can have one male and link up numerous females to view the signal so it would be ideal for multi room viewing....but you have to all watch the same thing