Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic cops last night ??

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2007, 07:32 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic cops last night ??

Anyone else watch Traffic Cops last night, yet again excellent programme spoilt by the summing up at the end with the community service punishemts, police cautions, suspended sentences etc, etc all handed out to the Scum.

makes you wonder why the police even bother going to such lengths to actually bother catching them if the powers that be are obviously not bothered about detering them from ever taking someone elses car again.

To be honest it makes you wonder why the scum even bother running at all and risking there life when even if caught they will more than likely be given a police caution etc ??!!

Rant over !!!!!
Old 07 June 2007, 07:47 AM
davey21wagon
Scooby Regular

have to agree with you there mate,it s a joke wot they get away with.
Old 07 June 2007, 08:07 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I don't watch those programmes for that very reason, makes me too angry!
Old 07 June 2007, 08:18 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Notice the difference between the actual officers though? The old guy, I personally thought was spot on in his approach to the job. He's polite when your polite, and didn't have a chip on his shoulder.

Whereas, the officer with the beard was antagonistic at best with his approach and the way he spoke to people no matter if they were polite or not.

The young copper was okay as well, seemed to be taking on board the mentoring he was clearly getting from the older guy.

Just a shame the repeat offenders they catch just can't be made to disappear.
Old 07 June 2007, 08:29 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Should have snapped that scumbags neck whilst he was in the car and pretended it happened during the crash. The way he showed no remorse after nearly killing his girlfriend and her mate was unbelievable. Not to mention the abuse he gave the hospital staff who were trying to ensure he had not broken his neck.
Old 07 June 2007, 09:03 AM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

As someone who is involved in the criminal justice system I can assure you that most of the problems regarding sentancing are directly the result of shoddy CPS work and thier fear of loosing a case and what the cost implications are if they do loose,therefore they go for a lesser offence which they know they will get a conviction on and as a lesser offence unfortunatly it will carry a lesser sentance, thats why when you hear the summin gup at the end and they guy reads out the offences and says what the sentance was it seems leanient, but what is not said is what the offender was actually charged with and put before the court for.
however I can tell you the reason the kids who nicked the Astra prob got away with it was because they all denied it, and then its almost impossible to prove who was driving the car, secondly just because that kid had the tax disc in his pocket proves jack all, he prob said he found it on the playing field by the car, we all know its a bunch of poopy but try and prove otherwise! as with all these things they need to be prooved 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

At least the ****** who rolled the Metro at the end got locked up, what a cretin he was.
Old 07 June 2007, 09:41 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

It is and it isn't though.... in the case of that kid in the metro, he's nearly killed someone (clearly a bit of a catch for the lassie - how do these people get laid?) but he's already banned (yeah that helps) and he's been done several times previously. The judge knows all that when sentencing so 15 months + time served and the fact he probably won't serve half of it is hardly a big problem.

He'll spend his useless life on the jam roll anyway so we'll happily pay for his house, ****, booze and all the crime he'll do too.

Should have been put in a room with the lasses dad for an hour and then sat on a traffic cone for three weeks.

My theory is these people are already massive arseholes so why not actually give them one? With a six inch sphincter they wouldn't be able to go our and commit crime for fear of ****ting themselves.

5t.
Old 07 June 2007, 10:16 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Should have snapped that scumbags neck whilst he was in the car and pretended it happened during the crash. The way he showed no remorse after nearly killing his girlfriend and her mate was unbelievable. Not to mention the abuse he gave the hospital staff who were trying to ensure he had not broken his neck.
Yes, agreed!

Vile little POS is out there and breeding with other chavs - imagine what his kids will turn out like!

Very depressing the kids shown really concern me, they are just pasrasites and seem to get away with what they like.

I think the Police did a stand up job on the whole and an feel the courts and CPS just undo the work of the Police.
Old 07 June 2007, 12:48 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Agree with the original poster and what annoyed me most is that clear cut theft is treated as TWOC when it is theft When my 5 day old motorbike was nicked and they caught the piece of **** the cops tried to charge him with everything they could and were confident they could get him locked up. Guess what, the totally incompetent CPS who I now think are the biggest bunch of time wasting cvnts on the planet prosecuted for TWOC'ing If a kid takes his dads car without his dad knowing that is TWOC'ing. Picking a motorbike up/hot wiring a car and taking it when you have no link to the owner and have no intent of giving it back is theft pure and simple, not TWOC'ing. I really hate the ******* CPS and its their fault this country has gone to the dogs

For it to be theft there has to be "an intention to permanently deprive" the owner of the car, at the time it was taken. If a car is taken by a joy rider and dumped on a school playing field there's a good chance it's going to be found and the owner will get it back.
Therefore it's difficult to prove intent to permanently deprive so they'll be a charge of TWOC.
If on the other hand they had torched it, the owner won't be getting it back so it could be theft, but you've got to prove that they had the intent to torch it when they took it.

Hope that makes sense!!
Old 07 June 2007, 01:31 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rallying1
however I can tell you the reason the kids who nicked the Astra prob got away with it was because they all denied it, and then its almost impossible to prove who was driving the car, secondly just because that kid had the tax disc in his pocket proves jack all, he prob said he found it on the playing field by the car, we all know its a bunch of poopy but try and prove otherwise! as with all these things they need to be prooved 'beyond reasonable doubt'.

At least the ****** who rolled the Metro at the end got locked up, what a cretin he was.
Well, I could go with this, if it weren't for the way speeding prosecutions are chased from pillar to post to the absolute limit of the law.

"I don't know who was driving" cuts no ice THERE, I can tell you

Oh, but I'm forgetting: speeding motorists are the REAL criminals, aren't they?

Alcazar