Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Thieving Scum

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2007, 10:44 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thieving Scum

Daughters just had a car broken in to again and the ****** pulled the top of the drivers door outwards bending the frame so they could pull the lock up.Smashed the dashboard to rip the CD player out which was worth about £20,pinched the rear parcel shelf with the speakers in and took the base box from the boot.What really annoys me is she is 19 pays alot of money for the insurance and cant really afford to claim as it she will lose a lot of money from her no claims bonus.car looks a right mess now.
bring back hanging and i will even provide the rope free..
She has had the car 1 year now and its been bumped twice by A N Other who never left the details..broken into twice..
Old 03 June 2007, 11:01 AM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

Glue razor blades to the casing of the radio and areas they are likly to grab, then leave door open.....
Old 03 June 2007, 11:41 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's really about time we cracked down on this petty crime - 2 weeks community service orders do nothing to deter.

Give these little gits to the Army for a couple of months .... we know what happens there don't we boys??
Old 03 June 2007, 12:05 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

buy her an alarm.....
Old 03 June 2007, 12:08 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Tell her not to leave the facia in the glove box
Old 03 June 2007, 12:28 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

If they are ever caught, they will be released with no penalty if the say they are sorry!

What are these idiots thinking about when it comes to crime prevention and protecting the public?

Les
Old 03 June 2007, 12:38 PM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

My car door got kicked in 00:15 Friday morning after someone down the lane where I live had a party. Will definitely need a new skin, or possibly whole door as I don't know what the bodyshops do these days, no way it can be pulled out as the panit is cracked and the dent has gone over the swage(sp) line.

I have the name of the person who did it, a picture of him care of bebo.com, and two witnesses.

Niether witness will give the police a statement, although I'm working on that, and the police won't even come out and speak to anyone, it was all done over the phone. Maybe a copper sitting in the lounge with parents watching may prompt the kids to do the right thing??

All they have done is taken a crime report, again over the phone, and given me a crime number.

Now I'm not that old, mid thirties, but I can't remember any of the kids in the village actually causing criminal damage for the sake of it, except maybe some graffiti or a football through a window, by accident though.
Old 03 June 2007, 12:42 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

A sign of the times im afraid, we need more police walking the streets and less driving around or worse sitting in thier cars wating for someone to nick for minor traffic offences. Dan. ps, sorry to hear about your daughters misfortune.
Old 03 June 2007, 03:15 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pslewis

Give these little gits to the Army for a couple of months ....

and send them to the Middle East, just so they can top up on their suntan
Old 03 June 2007, 03:40 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

Car with stereo on show, speakers in full view, abviously a fair chance of a sub in the boot. Maybe a nice amp. Sorry, but she's asking for it with the scum about these days. Not her fault, but that's the age we live in.

Go for a stealth install. It's not difficult.

Richard.
Old 04 June 2007, 10:28 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hoppy
Car with stereo on show, speakers in full view, abviously a fair chance of a sub in the boot. Maybe a nice amp. Sorry, but she's asking for it with the scum about these days. Not her fault, but that's the age we live in.

Go for a stealth install. It's not difficult.

Richard.
stereo was not in full veiw because her clio has a fold down flap covering it..maybe if it hadnt been covered and they had seen the stereo they may not have even bothered with it.Its the damage the ****** have done to the car thats the most annoying thing
Old 04 June 2007, 12:58 PM
al4x1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frosty The Snowman
My car door got kicked in 00:15 Friday morning after someone down the lane where I live had a party. Will definitely need a new skin, or possibly whole door as I don't know what the bodyshops do these days, no way it can be pulled out as the panit is cracked and the dent has gone over the swage(sp) line.

I have the name of the person who did it, a picture of him care of bebo.com, and two witnesses.

Niether witness will give the police a statement, although I'm working on that, and the police won't even come out and speak to anyone, it was all done over the phone. Maybe a copper sitting in the lounge with parents watching may prompt the kids to do the right thing??

All they have done is taken a crime report, again over the phone, and given me a crime number.

Now I'm not that old, mid thirties, but I can't remember any of the kids in the village actually causing criminal damage for the sake of it, except maybe some graffiti or a football through a window, by accident though.
If they won't do a witness statement for police check if they will do one for a private prosecution and simply get the ****** to the small claims court. Well worth the money to get some revenge
Old 04 June 2007, 02:49 PM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by al4x1
If they won't do a witness statement for police check if they will do one for a private prosecution and simply get the ****** to the small claims court. Well worth the money to get some revenge
From what I understand they caught some grief from a prosecuting lawyer type in court being a witness to a car accident. Now that their parents know about it it looks like they may give statements, with any luck.

Someone else down had their wing mirror destroyed by him, and reported it, so hopefully that will help pursuade the police to get off their backside and go speak to some people in person.

Trouble is the kid is 18, just finished 6th form and probably hasn't got 1p to his name, although I'm sure he will and XBox plus loads of games etc...

I will still consider taking him to small claims court just for the buggerance factor to him.