Chinese Throw Live Animals To The Tigers

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2007, 08:58 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Chinese Throw Live Animals To The Tigers

..... For Entertainment

When I first heard this report I thought, "Well, if they let a deer out into the Tiger pen and they bring it down and eat it - thats a natural thing which happens"

The reality of what happens is rather more sickening - don't know if anyone else saw the pictures this morning?

A group of about 12 Tigers laying in a circle, about 10 coaches of visitors (lots were children), a tipper van pulls up ....... and out is tipped a cow - the Tigers (who are not hungry at all) grab the cow and start munching on it whilst still alive!!

The crowd were given Chickens and Ducks to throw to the Tigers - well, give to them as there was no chasing involved ..... the animals took ages to die.

In fact the cow was still alive and mooing in pain 15 minutes after it had been first tipped off the truck!! ..................... not sure how long it took to die in agony, being eaten alive.

Then, another show was filmed a few hours later - another cow was tipped in front of the Tigers and crowd ...... the Tigers were clearly not really interested - but being Tigers, started to slowing munch on that cow too (but with no desire to kill it!)

Quite the opposite to my idea of a deer having full run of a large field and the Tigers having to bring the kill down and despatch it quickly.

Sickening ...................
Old 22 May 2007, 09:05 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always find it Ironic that the Chinese spend so much on panda breeding and conservation and then proceed to abuse every other animal on the planet for wither entertainment, economic gain or "traditional" medicine.

Steve
Old 22 May 2007, 09:06 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I suppose it depends what you are used to and how you view this, as a westerner living in the Uk this seems appauling to me and certianly would not want my kids to go along and throw in live animals.
To me this is barbarric and not sure what benefits or value this has.

The chinese do not have a very good human rights record, not too sure about animals TBH but i doubt it is great.

I do like their takeaway food mind

I do watch the animal documantaries as do out kids, i do tend to turn over if i feel it is unaproptiate for them 2 & 4 y/o but will let the kids watch the not so plesant bits as they get older and are able to understand what is going on.
Old 22 May 2007, 09:51 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Where as in the wild we all know tigers buy pre-packed process meat.
Old 22 May 2007, 09:55 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
...pretty sure in the wild the animals are not thrown in by kids for entertainment. Animals kill other animals in the wild, that is a given, not sure what the benifits are as Pete describes them.

Last edited by The Zohan; 22 May 2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 22 May 2007, 10:02 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

agree with this, the chinese are to me a very strange if not borderline barbaric race. i apologise for the bluntness, but there arent that many cows in the "wild". when i tiger hunts a deer etc for food, its doing so to survive. when 2 cows within a couple of hours are handed to them on a plate, what possible enjoyment can people get form this.

its sick, not traditional or educational, its just sick. this from the country that spurts more pollution into the air than anybody else.

all imho.

andy
Old 22 May 2007, 10:09 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
i apologise for the bluntness, but there arent that many cows in the "wild".
That's because the Tigers ate them all

Completely agree with the comments about it being different for survival than people's entertainment though.
Old 22 May 2007, 10:41 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

I watched that on skynews.co.uk. I was sickened with what I saw, as the cow was still alive 10/15mins afterwards. I didnt like watching that poor bear pull the car, whilst wearing that outfit.

I do find the chinese a strange race, on one hand they respect tradtional, world, but on the other hand seem to do such barbaric things.

Ive worked in a Japanese Bank and after a year soon changed my beliefs towards Japanese / Chinese people and feel that although protraiting a respectful race, are completely twisted and strange. One good example is chinese / japanese ****, that is truely twisted, their game shows another as it shows what they consider as `fun` and good viewing.

Why dont they merge the two things together, instead of the cow, get one of those stupid game show contestants to run through the lion enclosure, see how far they can get.

SBK

Last edited by sbk1972; 22 May 2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 22 May 2007, 10:46 AM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

And the worse thing....

These societies that have this as just one thing of many things that are TOTALLY different to our "Western" standards, and YET they are embraced and encouraged to all come here and "integrate"..

No wonder things are soooo wrong

And I found it abhorent to watch
Old 22 May 2007, 11:10 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

My 8yo, asked if it was possible to get meat off a cow without killing it a while back. I found it hard not to chuckle at his question, as he was being serious about it.
When I said no, it didn't bother him, he just wanted to know.

If your kids eat meat, then IMO you shouldn't hide where it comes from.
Old 22 May 2007, 11:11 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

this has been going on for years, they hide behind some "saving the tigers" banner. in reality they kill some of the tigers and flog the meat in the restaurant.
Old 22 May 2007, 11:13 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

How about ethical meat where you pay inflated prices for a leg of lamb, part of the cost of which goes towards providing a prosthetic limb for the affected animal.

You can have your roast leg of lamb with a clear conscience, knowing that the lamb will spend the rest of it's days frolicing in a field.
Old 22 May 2007, 12:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
The chinese do not have a very good human rights record, not too sure about animals TBH but i doubt it is great.
Well let me help you here. There animal rights record is a match for their human rights record i.e. bloody terrible, but as the West is now busy sucking up to them due to their burgeoning economy and giving them events like the Olympic Games it only endorses their behaviour.

Do a search for bear farming or how about the Chinese tiger sanctuary where they were serving tiger meat on the restaurant menu. Bear in mind here that there are very few tigers left in the wild and several breeds are in danger of complete extinction but the owner thinks it's OK to serve them up on the conservation sanctuary menu.

No nation is blameless in this sort of thing, but the Chinese do seem to take it to a new nadir.

Very sad.
Old 22 May 2007, 12:29 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Well let me help you here. There animal rights record is a match for their human rights record i.e. bloody terrible, but as the West is now busy sucking up to them due to their burgeoning economy and giving them events like the Olympic Games it only endorses their behaviour.

Do a search for bear farming or how about the Chinese tiger sanctuary where they were serving tiger meat on the restaurant menu. Bear in mind here that there are very few tigers left in the wild and several breeds are in danger of complete extinction but the owner thinks it's OK to serve them up on the conservation sanctuary menu.

No nation is blameless in this sort of thing, but the Chinese do seem to take it to a new nadir.

Very sad.
Thanks F1 fan, shame this is the case, i was suprised that China got the Olympics due to thier human rights issues but it was never about that, more about securing trade and industry ties and agreements.
Old 22 May 2007, 12:31 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
Neither do they get a wagon pull up and drop a cow off ............ with cheering tourists around!
Old 22 May 2007, 12:36 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Let's be perfectly honest here, there are some counties in the world, China being one of them , that, despite fast developing economies and the consequent facade of modernity, are in reality 200 years behind the west in their treatment of both humans and animals.
Old 22 May 2007, 12:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Neither do they get a wagon pull up and drop a cow off ............ with cheering tourists around!
a point i was also trying to persue.
Old 22 May 2007, 12:44 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Next they'll be chucking condemned prisoners in there to deter further criminal activity (I guess it would work in their case !)

Shouldn't joke - they might !!
Old 22 May 2007, 12:46 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

The problem is.....what can we do about it?

Conversations go like this:

You can't do that China.

We can.

You shouldn't.

But we do.

We don't think it's very humane.

We don't care.

We'll do something about it.

Like what?

Erm........... ah ok then, carry on.

Old 22 May 2007, 12:50 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Slightly, but only slightly worse than letting a load of hounds rip a defenseless fox on a "hunt".

I find this sort of thing disgusting and the organisers must be punished!
Old 22 May 2007, 12:54 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Naaaah.....it's far worse than a hunt.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hunt supporter, but my Mrs and quite a few friends of hers were/are into the hunt scene and I have seen it close-up.

The fox has a good chance of getting away a lot of the time and often it does. I have seen foxes "baiting" the houds......literally taking the p*ss out of them.

The Chinese just seem to have a total disregard for world opinion on anything they are doing. Bears pulling cars?? WTF???
Old 22 May 2007, 12:57 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Slightly, but only slightly worse than letting a load of hounds rip a defenseless fox on a "hunt".

I find this sort of thing disgusting and the organisers must be punished!
I agree that Fox Hunting is also a sport which should be banned - I mean properly banned.

However, this is different - the Fox can and does sometimes escape.

These animals in China cannot escape and get eaten alive ..... the eating of which can take 20minutes!!
Old 22 May 2007, 12:59 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
I always find it Ironic that the Chinese spend so much on panda breeding and conservation and then proceed to abuse every other animal on the planet for wither entertainment, economic gain or "traditional" medicine.

Steve
this is quite interesting, because lots of people would watch a program on say a tiger killing an animal for entertainment purpose.

different things for different cultures
Old 22 May 2007, 01:06 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
this is quite interesting, because lots of people would watch a program on say a tiger killing an animal for entertainment purpose.

different things for different cultures
I would suggest that, when I watch a Tiger in the wild kill a Gazelle after a long chase, it is educational ................ I never consider myself Entertained, just Educated on what is natural.

Gathering around a well fed group of Tigers and watch them munch a cow for 20minutes while it is still alive is not education, it is there for entertainment.

Completely different.
Old 22 May 2007, 01:09 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Do tigers take gazelles
Old 22 May 2007, 01:16 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Do tigers take gazelles
Only if they've just moved house.
Old 22 May 2007, 01:21 PM
InfractMe
BANNED

Quote:-

Tigers, like any carnivore, eat meat, lots of meat. In the wild they hunt unsuspecting deer, wild boar and even buffalo. It may seem strange that an animal that is bright orange in colour would be able to hide from its prey, however while the tiger has full colour vision - on the most part its meals do not. Because of this it can camouflage itself in bush before pouncing upon its dinner. Having large, sharp retractable claws helps in catching a meal, then a jaw comprising of 30 teeth including four large canines, makes eating the fresh kill a relatively simple process.

Tigers like to eat anything that is meat. On the most part they feast upon small deer (chital or sambal), or water buffalo. They also like a quick snack to take the edge off, 'elevenses' if you like, and this is usually a passing monkey, frogs or even fish. Tigers have been known to hunt humans, however in most cases this is because the animal is either old or injured and cannot hunt its usual prey.
Old 22 May 2007, 01:42 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Is this an isolated case or is the whole Chinese population endorsing this sort of cruelty? A bit of sweeping statement, but I’m pretty sure that the majority of the population in China doesn’t condone this. It wasn't that long ago in the UK when sheep and cows were being killed in less than humane ways regardless of whether they were infected with disease or not with some being buried or burned alive with other carcasses.

Cod is nearing extinction and is to be added to the endangered list due to over fishing, and yet UK as a nation still likes to tuck into their cod ‘n’ chips. Ok so they’re not warm blooded and fluffy like tigers and pandas etc, but does that make it any less worthy of saving. Intensive farming has in the UK has also led to extremely poor quality of life on some farms. Even badger baiting and dog fighting still go on, despite being illegal. Some people on this very forum boast of road kills or are more concerned of the damage to their car than the animal.

China does have a poor record for human rights and animal abuse, there’s no doubt about it, but the UK aren’t innocent of this either.
Old 22 May 2007, 01:51 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

YouTube - Tiger's mauling a live cow

I think its sick to be honest

Quick Reply: Chinese Throw Live Animals To The Tigers