Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sicily ?

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2007, 10:05 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sicily ?

Going on Thursday for a friends wedding and staying on for a week as never been and want to take advantage of being there.
We will be staying near the Valley of the Temples in Agrigento, so quite near the beaches, but if anyone has any suggestions of places to go / things to do then thay would be appreciated ? We have a hire car so are pretty mobile, but also have 2 young-ish kids so 3 hour car rides are pretty much out of the question !

Cheers

R.
Old 21 May 2007, 11:28 AM
CharlesW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

It's a job to know where to begin. Sicily is such an amazing place. For a start it is bigger than you realise. Also it is greener than you might imagine.

Visit the temples at Agrigento. Visit the Villa Romana Casale near Piazza Armerina. It houses the best Roman mosaics in Europe. Take a drive round Mount Etna. On the east coast Taormina and Syracuse are worth a visit. As for the north coast and the west of the island, I cannot offer any advice as I didn't get that far. I was staying in Taormina.

Sicily - Best of Sicily Travel Guide... the real Sicily and all things Sicilian. Travel, tourism, history, cooking, food, wine, tours, culture and more. Published in Italy, the world's most Sicilian website! Sicilian tourism, travel informaton. Taorm