Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

RAF Bruggen/ Elmpt golf course?

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2007, 09:52 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAF Bruggen/ Elmpt golf course?

bit of a long shot this, but wondering if anyone can help, i'm trying to find some pictures of a golf course that might be in or around the area of what was RAF Bruggen (i think it's now Elmpt?)

my dad did his national service there back in 56/57 and luckily enough being a golfer the jammy git spent his spare time brushing up on his short game!

we've been trying to find pictures or info relating to the course (is it still there, is it the same etc) but all we've found are references to it on sites like these and a bit on google.

can anyone give any info to this course please? pics would be excellent, but anything at all would be much appreciated.

posted up on 2 army forum sites ( worryingly called rear party.co.uk and *****.co.uk, hope i haven't just posted up on a noofters site ) so might get some joy there but does anyone know anything at all about this course please?

ta
Old 17 May 2007, 10:37 PM
JamieMiller
Scooby Regular

Try E-Goat the Unofficial RAF Rumour
Old 18 May 2007, 06:43 AM
Tony MY03WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
bit of a long shot this, but wondering if anyone can help, i'm trying to find some pictures of a golf course that might be in or around the area of what was RAF Bruggen (i think it's now Elmpt?)

my dad did his national service there back in 56/57 and luckily enough being a golfer the jammy git spent his spare time brushing up on his short game!

we've been trying to find pictures or info relating to the course (is it still there, is it the same etc) but all we've found are references to it on sites like these and a bit on google.

can anyone give any info to this course please? pics would be excellent, but anything at all would be much appreciated.

posted up on 2 army forum sites ( worryingly called rear party.co.uk and *****.co.uk, hope i haven't just posted up on a noofters site ) so might get some joy there but does anyone know anything at all about this course please?

ta
The RAF have now left this camp is now all Army. The main Army Unit there is 7 Signal Regt. You could try a post here British Army Rumour Service > > Forums > > Boards by Arm / Service (roughly) > > Sigs and you will more than likely get a reply or you could try Army Museums Ogilby Trust

Tony

Last edited by Tony MY03WRX; 18 May 2007 at 06:50 AM.
Old 18 May 2007, 04:34 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

name has changed........................

West Rhine Golf Club

alan
Old 18 May 2007, 04:54 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by albob
name has changed........................

West Rhine Golf Club

alan

nice one mate i signed up to rear party and someone has just posted up the same course

didn't expect anyone to be able to help and now they're coming out of the woodwork!!

they do visitors green fees aswell so might try to get my dad over there to take a trip down memory lane.

cheers again