Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The killing of a RAT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2007, 10:16 AM
mr_p1ssed_off
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The killing of a RAT!!!

and before you animal rights to$$ers start moaning, I AM normally kind to animals ~ I do my best to avoid running Gods creatures over when driving ~ wife & I support wildlife charities ~ we have 2 dogs and a cat that are ALL rescue animals ~ I have even had pet rats when my kids were younger.

Back to what happened (sorry but I drone on a bit!):

We have fields behind us, but last year developers have managed to gain planning permission and have started work.
This I assume has driven rats living in the fields to find new homes.
Over winter I found traces of rats in the garage and workshop and using poison killed 2.
Then we found droppings in the conservatory and behind some cupboards found that they'd been going there rather a lot!

Must point out that the outside conservatory door is left open 99.9% of the time for the dogs & cat as they are fed and watered there (source of food for ratty)
Cleaned it all out, re-tiled the floor and left traps under cupboards etc and have not seen ratty since.

Until today!

Was working at my pc in the study which has access to the conservatory when the youngest dog ran outside and I heard rattling noise coming from my booze rack next to my beer fridge.
So thinking the dog was after my beer I went to investigate and found a rat amongst the bottles.
Sent the dog outside, closed off the conservatory before going back in armed with a hammer and a crow-bar.
Ratty saw me and was sh1tting himself LITERALLY!

After 30 minutes of chasing it around the conservatory lashing out with my trusty crow-bar (the hammer was useless) making glancing blows that didn't stop it.
I finally cornered it and showed it what 24" of the finest hardend English steel could do to a rats skull.

The end was pretty quick for it as I didn't want it to die slowly, but this has now resulted in rats brain being embedded into my now broken tiled floor.

Luckily we have some tiles left over so the damaged tiles can be replaced.

As for the rat, I'm hoping it wont be replaced!

Mr Rat Killer
Old 03 May 2007, 10:24 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

you chuffing mentalist
Old 03 May 2007, 10:31 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smashed floortile, good effort chap!
Old 03 May 2007, 10:33 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

LMAO at the vision of you running around swinging a crowbar around like a looney...
Old 03 May 2007, 10:47 AM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

You should have borrowed yourself a pack of hunting horses. They'd have had the rat in no time.
Old 03 May 2007, 11:01 AM
mr_p1ssed_off
Scooby Regular

I probably looked a right fool chasing ratty with that crow bar

But it was worth every one of the 4 broken tiles
Old 03 May 2007, 11:05 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Brilliant imagery, cheered up my morning that has!
Old 03 May 2007, 11:06 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

When I first read it, I thought you might have been a little too 'tooled up' but I'm sure if it was me, I'd have my airguns, cross-bows, hammers, knifes, torque wrench, crow-bar, protection goggles and probably hard-hat too.

I fecking hate rats
Old 03 May 2007, 11:15 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23
When I first read it, I thought you might have been a little too 'tooled up' but I'm sure if it was me, I'd have my airguns, cross-bows, hammers, knifes, torque wrench, crow-bar, protection goggles and probably hard-hat too.

I fecking hate rats
LOL Powerful airifle and a glazed conservatory might not be the best concoction. especially with tiled floors. Have pellets bouncing around everywhere
Old 03 May 2007, 11:17 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Hahaha bet that was a laugh to watch

remends me of being at an ex gf's parents. GF and mum had gone out of the day, the father and me sitting in the kitchen having a coffe heard a scratching sound so went to investigate. Found traces of Rat so grabbed air rifles and probed further. Rats were found and proptley dealt .22 lead. At which point the women decided to walk into the kitchen to be met by 2 dead animals and 2 armed men

Or the gamekeeper friend of mine who after a rather heavy night saw a feral cat trying to get at his rare fowl. Being rather fuzzy headed wasn't the best, but went to his gun cabint and grabbed the nearest rifle, loaded it and walked back to the kitchen and fired.

Yup you did just read that right, he fired a rifle from his own kitchen, the obervant of you will have noticed I failed to mention a window. He'd failed to open the window and blew window and frame out
Old 03 May 2007, 11:25 AM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SWRTWannabe
You should have borrowed yourself a pack of hunting horses. They'd have had the rat in no time.

No, it was mice the horses wanted, rats wouldnt stick in the hooves.