Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

really really narked off with bt. advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2007, 10:03 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really really narked off with bt. advice needed!

right this is the situation from the start. apologies for the writing but im totally fuming about this and am trying to get it dfown before i explode!

i have bt broadband and a bt phoneline. had a problem for a couple of weeks with the broadband running a slow connection. make the usual calls to indian call centres asking for a solution. asked to do various tests on the line which i do with question.

"ok we'll send out an engineer"

phone line engineer comes out. does tests, he cant find a fault at his end.

"il report it back that theres no fault with the physical lines etc" he says. so i assume they may send out a broadband engineer next time.

they do. broadband engineer comes out.

"ah yes" he says, "theres a faulkt but its on the next 'step' of the ladder so i cant sort it out"

ok i think, i let him report back his findings and **** bt off for virgin media or something.

now all this was about a month ago, maybe a little less, and the problem is still here. no contact, no more phone calls either end. im told by both phone and broadband engineers that the problem IS NOT my pc or anything related to my actual connection at home. but the problem is further down the line.

so what do i get today?

a 'kin £99 cal out charge!!!

bastids. so im straight on the phone asking why this is so. first guy, says he'll pass it to the right people. next lady i get, i scream my head off down the line (no abusive language by the way, just upset), and demand it be taken off threatening solicitiors and court etc (this isnt idle threads either i will take this route if necessary). shes like "bla blas bla, the phone and broadband companies are totally different etc, i cant help you today. have to pass it on to broadband and report it. 7/10 working days it will take for a responce" she basically didnt give a ****.

i even asked for the number to ring to ask myself to the direct people responsible for this, but guess what it only gets done via email. ta dah!. i refuse to pay it, the bill as standard for the phone line rental and bt broadband isnt a problem. just the £99 has really fcuked me up now and i want to know what come back i have on them.

i have been told as said above by a phone engineer and broadband engineer that the problem is not my end, not my fault period, and i should not get charged for a call out.

can someone please offer me any other advice regarding this as im not experienced enough in what channel to persue this further.

for the record, ive just signed up online for virgin media broadband, so when that gets installed, bt can kiss my ***. i might even get rid of the phone line too im that insensed.

apologies for the rant

any positive advice please from the tech heads. what angle do i have on this.

andy
Old 14 April 2007, 10:36 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Don't let them get away with it, they are taking the ****!

Les
Old 14 April 2007, 10:53 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Been waiting 3 weeks for bt to sort my broadband out now. Tried to cancel but because my case is being "Investigated" The bastids wont let me cancel
Old 14 April 2007, 10:56 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I like the way bt 's Customer service is staffed by indians who dont give a **** .yet cancellations is staffed by well spoken english staff eager to talk you out of going elsewhere.
Old 14 April 2007, 10:58 AM
kittle
Scooby Regular

think youll find both enginers have no contact with your service provider whoever is it due to ofcoms recent changes. Hence them having openreach on the side of thier vehicles not BT. They are there soley to test the lines, problems with broadband can be in so many places. Does sound like you have had a bum deal, and the charge will not go through if there was no fault with your own equipment or no fault present at all.
Old 14 April 2007, 12:20 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

**update**

had a call from a nice indian guy called peter - yeah right.

anywhos i explained rather loudly (after slapping my face several times to phsyc myself up ) what the problem was, and within 10 seconds of mentioning my solicitors name and address, he profoundly apologised several times asked me politley to quieten down as i was hurting his ear, oh and took the charge of £99 off my bill asap.

so kids violence and intimidation does work.... in the right situation.

all the above is true, but im usually well mannered, and will be canceling bt broadband as soon as a date for installation of the virgin media set up is sorted (signed online today)

andy
Old 14 April 2007, 01:37 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha Ha Ha - I had a run in with BT 12 months ago - they swapped my phone rental package ..... to Option 2 I think?

The sales girl told me that it would be cheaper line rental than Option 1 - LIE!!

I said, ok - if it IS cheaper - do it.

When my bill came in it was a massive hike in Line Rental ........ I went ballistic!!

However, I always protect myself - I had taken down the EXACT time and date of the conversation ..... told them to look back at the telephone conversation. If they cannot locate the converstion then I have recorded it and they can listen to it in court

Miracles started to happen and I got satisfaction .....

British Gas are the same - driven by commissions, it is an absolute pain in the ****!!
Old 14 April 2007, 01:55 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Ha Ha Ha - I had a run in with BT 12 months ago - they swapped my phone rental package ..... to Option 2 I think?

The sales girl told me that it would be cheaper line rental than Option 1 - LIE!!

I said, ok - if it IS cheaper - do it.

When my bill came in it was a massive hike in Line Rental ........ I went ballistic!!

However, I always protect myself - I had taken down the EXACT time and date of the conversation ..... told them to look back at the telephone conversation. If they cannot locate the converstion then I have recorded it and they can listen to it in court

Miracles started to happen and I got satisfaction .....

British Gas are the same - driven by commissions, it is an absolute pain in the ****!!

was it an indian call centre where everythings is pre written down, so they only give you so many responces?

i had that earlier. like he was reading from a page or a screen, silly bastid
Old 18 April 2007, 11:13 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

After 4 weeks its finally sorted Still had to spend 10 minutes this morning trying to explain to the Indian gentlemen who called that it was working and the case did not need to be escalated nearly as bad as trying to understand a Scotsman
Old 18 April 2007, 12:00 PM
Pedro_79
Scooby Regular

BT are crooks.. I will NEVER be a BT customer again as long as I live.

I don't have a land-line anymore, and spent the last 6months using my mobile for net access.
Ok, so it cost me marginally more, but I got the satisfaction of sticking to my principals and knowing that BT weren't getting a penny off me.....
Old 18 April 2007, 05:31 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

true true. they wanna start charging you a YEARS worth of line rental from may to cancel any subscriptions with them. robbing bastids. oh well, ive got virgin media coming on sat morning to install me their broadband. thay cant be any worse or any more unreliable than bt, so il let the engineer do his work, ring up bt and tell them to shove their broadband up there ****.
Old 18 April 2007, 05:33 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

this is exactly why i switched to talktalk a few weeks ago

BT are a bunch of ******* with a **** service!
Old 18 April 2007, 06:16 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs down

Just sat down to eat my tea when I get another call from bt .." good evening sir I understand you are having a problem with your connection and I can tell you we have an engineer on the problem, just thought we would update you"

IT HAS BEEN FIXED YOU MUPPETS

If old punjab rings me up again tonight I'm gonna tell him where to shove his vindaloo
Old 19 April 2007, 12:58 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

8:55 tonight another call from these retards **** you have taken near on a month to sort it. now it has been rectified leave me in peace
Old 19 April 2007, 04:43 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

does anybody know if you HAVE to have a bt landline to be able to use sky. the only reason im keeping it at the moment is so i can buy prem+ football and the mrs can play the games/buy movies, which you need a phone line for. if i dont i might tell em to **** off and get a virgin media line instead.
Old 19 April 2007, 08:17 AM
kittle
Scooby Regular

thik you need some kind of land le fo sky.... the physical line be the same but he company providing the service could be different i suppose bt, ntl etc.