Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Has your wife/partner....

had to have a caesarean section?

I want horror stories please, stuff that my consultant isn't going to tell me
Old 05 April 2007, 10:25 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Wife says worse bit was the Epidural, and how much you can't do in the weeks following. Not being able to drive for 6 weeks for example.

For me, it was the clinical nature. Wife had C Section after long labour for our first. Second one went overdue and they seem to then go for a section. I remember sitting in the op theatre and thinking this isn't worth it. The memory fades but it has put me off a third.
Old 05 April 2007, 10:27 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Oh and after the first one, my wife developed an allergy to ibuprofen. After being given a dose and finding her tongue swelling up, laying in bed unable to move, was pretty frightening.
Old 05 April 2007, 10:34 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

My wife had a emergency c-section for our son in 2004 after his heart rate became erratic.

She panicked (as it was obviously not expected) as they suddenly thrust a form in her hand to sign (I guess removing liability from them if something happens??). I personally didn't see the form as I was getting stripped off to get my gowns and white clogs on.

Anyway, heardest thing for me was watching the epidural. Fecking great needle went in to the lower part of her spine and thank christ she couldn't see it. The tears were rolling down my face at this point because I actually become quite scared for her. Anyway, after it had taken effect, she laid down and they got to work. You can't see anything as there's a cloth up but as I was holding her hands and kissing her forehead, I could feel she was being mauled around. In her words, she felt like a washing machine on fast spin!!

Once our son was out, they gave him straight to me whilst they stitched her up - she had a mild panic attack when she said she couldn't breath, but I it soon subsided and when they gave her the baby, all was well.

The worst thing about a c-section is the recovery time - no driving for 6 months and you have to do everything for her (which as a man in this day and age is nothing new ). The wound healed well and is fairly invisible now.

The thing that we look back and laugh at is they offered her counselling as she didn't experience labour!!!! Her replied to the offer was thanks, but no thanks, not going through labour meant she experienced perhaps a lot less anxiety that women who do!
Old 05 April 2007, 10:40 AM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

My wife had a long labour (3 days) before they took the decision to cut her open. It's incredible how they can do a section under the epidural. I don't think the reason for not being able to drive is the epidural but it is the section itself!

As the father you normally remain at the head end, with a screen between you and incision, they really don't want to have to treat the father when he passes out! The baby is then passed over the screen and has father you usally get to hold him/her first as mother being stitched up!

The sole horror story we have is that my wifes wound got infected, and I walked into the bathroom as it split open! I was all for calling an ambulance, but my wife, being a midwife, was more calm and told me to get steri strips out of her bag and she stuck herself back together!
Old 05 April 2007, 10:40 AM
DJ Vinyl Ritchie
BANNED

Originally Posted by weapon69
had to have a caesarean section?

I want horror stories please, stuff that my consultant isn't going to tell me

Look on the bright side, atleast she isn't going to have minge like a bucket after a c section

DJ Vinyl Ritchie..........make sure it's a reputable Doc doing it, she doesn't want to have a scar which looks like Stevie Wonder has been on noughts and crosses frenzy
Old 05 April 2007, 10:41 AM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Anyway, heardest thing for me was watching the epidural. Fecking great needle went in to the lower part of her spine and thank christ she couldn't see it
I had a spinal before and was trying to peer round to see it before i got told off

The only horror stories that i know of is the wound keeps coming apart. I've been told to make sure i'm not "stapled" apparently. Anyone know about it?
Old 05 April 2007, 10:43 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Vinyl Ritchie
Look on the bright side, atleast she isn't going to have minge like a bucket after a c section

DJ Vinyl Ritchie..........make sure it's a reputable Doc doing it, she doesn't want to have a scar which looks like Stevie Wonder has been on noughts and crosses frenzy
Look on the bright side, atleast you aren't going to have minge like a bucket after a c section

DJ Vinyl Ritchie..........make sure it's a reputable Doc doing it, you don't want to have a scar which looks like Stevie Wonder has been on noughts and crosses frenzy [/
Old 05 April 2007, 10:44 AM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

atleast she isn't going to have minge like a bucket after a c section

Thats the least of MY worries
Old 05 April 2007, 10:48 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

It's a very common procedure these days and not high risk. One thing worth knowing in advance is that you'll have lots of people in the room. It's perfectly normal, and doesn't mean anything is going wrong!
Old 05 April 2007, 10:52 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

My wife said it was like someone had stuck some rubber gloves on and were doing the washing up inside her.

The chap whose wife had been in before my wife was a gibbering wreck when I spoke to him at the coffee machine.Think his wife had become a 'spurter' or something.Blood everywhere,emergency panics and all that.

Didn't instill me with confidence and I didn't mention it to the wife as they wheeled her in
Old 05 April 2007, 10:52 AM
kend
Scooby Regular

My wife had a planned c-section yesterday. Both doing well with no major horror stories to tell.

After a section she isn't allowed to drive for 6 weeks, not 6 months.
Old 05 April 2007, 10:55 AM
kend
Scooby Regular

The only horror stories that i know of is the wound keeps coming apart. I've been told to make sure i'm not "stapled" apparently. Anyone know about it?
Its unusual for wounds to fall apart, unless the patient had a good layer of fat before they became pregnant. Staples (surprisingly) normally leave a neater scar than sutures, but do look a bit more barabaric while they're in.
Old 05 April 2007, 11:05 AM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

reading these's stories puts me off ever getting pregnant!!!
Old 05 April 2007, 11:05 AM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

My Mrs had a c section 2001, I dont know if she was very brave or what but she didnt seem at all bothered took everything in her stride, if your blood pressure goes low you'll feel sick, the weight of the baby when your on your back can lower your blood pressure, the slab your on is tilted so your at a slight angle (sideways) so your not completely flat on your back, baby comes into the world, stiched up bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt, Oh she did have trouble, she was a bleeder, and they had trouble stopping it and the blood on the floor was unbelievable, something out of Chainsaw Massacre But she was fine and baby was healthy, 3 days in hospital and home. She had staples not stitches which came out 7 days after, oh and you have a catheter put in your pee hole after the epidural has been administered saves you going to the loo for 24hrs

Your Mrs will be fine, they do hundreds of these every week. Congrats on the forth coming sprogg when is the big day?
Old 05 April 2007, 11:19 AM
DJ Vinyl Ritchie
BANNED

Originally Posted by MattW
Look on the bright side, atleast you aren't going to have minge like a bucket after a c section

DJ Vinyl Ritchie..........make sure it's a reputable Doc doing it, you don't want to have a scar which looks like Stevie Wonder has been on noughts and crosses frenzy [/

WTF??? Been on the Benylin again this morning, sonny?

Since when has a bloke had a minge you pillock [other than the lady boys you rent]???

DJ Vinyl Ritchie.............I'll be playing noughts and crosses on your head with my Mick Dundee replica knife
Old 05 April 2007, 11:32 AM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

W69,

Are you being booked in for a C section and when are you due?

I hope it will be simple without complications (I haven't experienced any of it yet).
Old 05 April 2007, 11:36 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

wifey's had two due to v long labours (over 72 hours each!)

No driving for 6 weeks. I could look if I wanted to, but they hinted that I should really be comforting wifey anyway!
Apparently, she couldn't feel a thing (bit like the conception really )

Had stitches - v neat scar. Can even see it really

Bit sore for a while (apparently)

Wifey says that the epidural was AMAZING!! Personally, I quite liked the antenox (sp?)

NOthing to worry about IMHO - just be prepared for the sarcastic comments about being too posh to push (and yes, 7 years later, wifey still gives me a belt when I say it!! )

Dan
Old 05 April 2007, 11:39 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

One thing about the C section is that baby comes out all pink and clean and straight out of the pages of Hello magazine.

With a regular birth junior arrives with dents and covered in all sorts of muck. Needs a good scrub up before he/she is presentable.

Good luck
Old 05 April 2007, 12:07 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Russ71
My Mrs had a c section 2001, I dont know if she was very brave or what but she didnt seem at all bothered took everything in her stride, if your blood pressure goes low you'll feel sick, the weight of the baby when your on your back can lower your blood pressure, the slab your on is tilted so your at a slight angle (sideways) so your not completely flat on your back, baby comes into the world, stiched up bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt, Oh she did have trouble, she was a bleeder, and they had trouble stopping it and the blood on the floor was unbelievable, something out of Chainsaw Massacre But she was fine and baby was healthy, 3 days in hospital and home. She had staples not stitches which came out 7 days after, oh and you have a catheter put in your pee hole after the epidural has been administered saves you going to the loo for 24hrs

Your Mrs will be fine, they do hundreds of these every week. Congrats on the forth coming sprogg when is the big day?
Oh goody, well i have very low blood pressure and i am a bleeder too. Add to that complicated scar tissue on my uterus and i'm just about ready to be hacked up

missscoobygav-if you think c-sections sound bad, i won't tell you what happened to me with my first born (natural birth)

Nicci-i'm due next month and no c-section booked yet. Unfortunately either exit will be complicated for my little one so its a case of me weighing up the pros and cons. (and B2Z doing as he's told )
Old 05 April 2007, 12:11 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Originally Posted by DJ Vinyl Ritchie
WTF??? Been on the Benylin again this morning, sonny?

Since when has a bloke had a minge you pillock [other than the lady boys you rent]???

DJ Vinyl Ritchie.............I'll be playing noughts and crosses on your head with my Mick Dundee replica knife
pure class
Old 05 April 2007, 12:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My missus has had three C sections, which they say is a sensible limit, thank **** for that or I am sure she would be angling on more.

I suggested they just fit her with a zip and save the bother.

They arent allowed to drive or Hoover for six weeks afterwards, she was driving on the end of the sixth week, the hoovering to a while longer for some reason.....

Ok, a C section isnt ideal, its quite invasive and I think sometimes its treated as an easy way out for bother mums and doctors, i.e. over used but my wife suggered no ill effects apart from the usual scar but they do that nowadays so it isnt that noticeable.

Also, make sure you wife does not retire to the setee on the news of her pregnancy to eat chocolate, mine did on the first, hence why my 5 ft 2 wife produced a 10 pound butterball via caesarian, keep them a little under nourished so the baby is small enough to pop out, seriously I did hear that women used to have more natrual births but are better fed these days, so the baby gets too big, so it doesnt fit out.
Old 05 April 2007, 12:28 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

I've a nice picture of Dunk jnr emerging with just his head out the sunroof, pictures & close ups were positively encouraged.

D
Old 05 April 2007, 12:34 PM
miss*scoobygav555*
Scooby Regular

Oh goody, well i have very low blood pressure and i am a bleeder too. Add to that complicated scar tissue on my uterus and i'm just about ready to be hacked up

missscoobygav-if you think c-sections sound bad, i won't tell you what happened to me with my first born (natural birth)

Nicci-i'm due next month and no c-section booked yet. Unfortunately either exit will be complicated for my little one so its a case of me weighing up the pros and cons. (and B2Z doing as he's told )
The giving birth part is the thing that puts me off having children, haven't got a very high pain threshold!!
Old 05 April 2007, 12:34 PM
DJ Vinyl Ritchie
BANNED

Originally Posted by **************
W69 is my Mrs you plank, therefore MattW is correct
ok,ok - Don't get testy with me sonny, or I'll ram that cathiter up your japs eye further than it already is.

I mis-read the opening post, too much colombian marching powder this morning

Matt W - I do apologise, i thought you were being a pedantic pr1ck

DJ Vinyl Ritchie...............I think surrogacy would have been a better option for the pair of you..........your guaranteed no wizards sleeves and no 3ft train tracks running down your belly