Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The apprentice

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2007, 10:21 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The apprentice

Not much to say really, the guy wasnt up to it...

the other team captain wasnt much better either...

i reckon politics & personalitys are going to be the order of the day for the foreseeable future

Mart
Old 28 March 2007, 10:30 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Is that crap back again?

IMO Big Brother is the only thing worse....
Old 28 March 2007, 10:37 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

It really was garbage.

I was made to watch the whole lot by the Mrs.

Worst thing I've seen on TV in a long time.
Old 28 March 2007, 10:47 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
It really was garbage.

I was made to watch the whole lot by the Mrs.

Worst thing I've seen on TV in a long time.
Cant you do some vehicle checks and stop em for a little infarction:

would make some good viewing specially if they were on a deadline

Mart
Old 28 March 2007, 10:56 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

How did you know I work in that borough..........
Old 29 March 2007, 12:13 AM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

OMG Shoot them all!

Where the *** did they find the 10000 that were whittled down to that lot?
And I thought the people that I have to work for are idiots All is forgiven tomorrow!

Car salesman had to go though- beggars are soo cringe worthy
Quite amused by Tre blagging the team name and getting rumbled- cant see him lasting long.
Old 29 March 2007, 08:43 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

My favourite programme tbh.
I love the fact that these inexperienced **** think they "know business"...
Like Geddon said, how they whittle down from 10,000 to that 16 is beyond me..
That car salesman last night was appalling... Just empty words... Crap he got out of 99p book on motivational speaking...
There are too many ego's jossling for position in there and it will detract from the business side of things... Not one likeable character this time either... yet anyway...
"breaking a brick with my bare hands" FFS... Wow... If I wanted to do that I'd buy a hammer... woo pee doo...

Trending Topics

Old 29 March 2007, 08:49 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

I liked Andy (car salesman team leader) probably one of the few genuine people in the show, but schoolboy error letting himself get picked as team leader. First few shows you need to fly under radar, not put yourself in the firing line on the first day.
LOL at the quantum scientist lady mis-calculating the milk needed "I forgot that when you froth milk it increases in volume"
And as for pitching their van right outside several coffee shops all serving coffee much cheaper than they were, doesn't take brain of Britain to see that wasn't going to work.

Just goes to show all the eduction in the world just can't teach you common sense.

R.
Old 29 March 2007, 09:03 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

The female project manager was worse though - just had more luck. Huge mistake ditching a top spot, and why was she tryin to promote a brand? they were just trying to male money for a single day.
And it only took her a few minites to play the 'men can't handle working for a woman' card, which is pathetic. She must have missed one of girls saying she was scarey.
Very lucky her team won.

As for the slighly tubby slightly bold 30 something guy - wonder if he drives a Scoob?!!
Old 29 March 2007, 09:16 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by RoShamBo
schoolboy error letting himself get picked as team leader. First few shows you need to fly under radar, not put yourself in the firing line on the first day.

R.
Sugar says today in the Mirror:

"I get the impression people think they're being clever in not coming forward to be team leaders in the beginning. But in the first series Tim Campbell and Saira Khan rushed forward when I asked for a leader for the first task. They ended up the winner and runner-up."

I quite like the programme, but it seems strange to me that they all seem to be more concerned in getting one over one another and trying to look good rather than focus on the task at hand. One thing i found amusing was the karate kid's shaven striped brow, what a moron.
Old 29 March 2007, 09:20 AM
SD
Scooby Regular

Tubby gave me the creeps. Did no-one else spot the way he had to 'touch' everyone! <Shudder> Felt sorry for the poor women in the show having him slime all over them to be honest...
Old 29 March 2007, 09:25 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360

i reckon politics & personalitys are going to be the order of the day for the foreseeable future

Mart
.....errrr - well that is the basis of the show - or have I missed something
Old 29 March 2007, 09:26 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

His manner didn't go down too well with the high flying career focused young women I feel, too much sprinting to open doors and calling everyone sweetheart. I think at the start when he took the other guy outside and pratically begged him to be the team leader was pretty poor TBH.
Old 29 March 2007, 09:37 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SD
Tubby gave me the creeps. Did no-one else spot the way he had to 'touch' everyone! <Shudder> Felt sorry for the poor women in the show having him slime all over them to be honest...
Err yes! Managers tend to be a little less hands on with strangers/female colleagues in real work - at least till the wrap party! He must have been a genuinely nice unthreatening guy to get away with that - as someone said a teddy bear rather than a pervvy thrusting exec!

Nice guy but the toffs stiched him up at the top, just as he was trying to stitch the other guy up to be leader. I think you can learn a lot about people in the prog, but common sense wins the day, not a degree in frothing milk [PMSL at that]...

D
Old 29 March 2007, 09:48 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pwhittle
The female project manager was worse though - just had more luck. Huge mistake ditching a top spot, and why was she tryin to promote a brand? they were just trying to male money for a single day.
And it only took her a few minites to play the 'men can't handle working for a woman' card, which is pathetic. She must have missed one of girls saying she was scarey.
Agreed, why bring the van back when they are selling 50 cups an hour to pick up two extra people, just send the two extras on the bloody bus down to the van - not that it would have made any increase in sales.

And yes as for the 'we must put an eclipse on every cappa' what bollox, no point trying to build a brand or coffee 'experience' when the following day its gone!

Andy was a nice guy but I was suprised after specifically stating buy 20 litres of milk, the brainy moose (with no facial structure) and the other bint decided to buy alot more milk and snacks that he didn't go ballistic for blatantly ignoring him.

Gary
Old 29 March 2007, 09:54 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

What gets me about this programme is the amount of time they spend working out stuff and talking it through before getting stuck in. Surely its a simple job to figure out approximtaely how much milk etc was needed and get out on the streets selling as quick as poss. After all, you can always grab an extra couple of pintas somewhere.
As for the fall guy. Well he was wasn't he. Walked straight into that one.
And those on this thread who are lambasting this programme..... there is an off switch you know, no one is forcing you to watch. Just leave out all this garbage about " the wife was watching so I 'had' to." You must have another room in the house.........
Yve
Old 29 March 2007, 10:23 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RoShamBo
... but schoolboy error letting himself get picked as team leader. First few shows you need to fly under radar, not put yourself in the firing line on the first day.....
Looks like you'd fit in well there! All these management / business types with their clichés and waffley business speak. It's starting to creep in to every workplace! As soon as someone comes away with any of that ****e when speaking to me I just shut off.
Old 29 March 2007, 11:27 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PG
Looks like you'd fit in well there! All these management / business types with their clichés and waffley business speak. It's starting to creep in to every workplace! As soon as someone comes away with any of that ****e when speaking to me I just shut off.
Couldn't agree more. So much waffle saying nothing at all. I just tune out.
Yve
Old 29 March 2007, 01:00 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Really must stop reading this & get back to it..... "I have to work till I bleed" today ! LOL.
Old 29 March 2007, 01:57 PM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryK
the brainy moose (with no facial structure)

Gary
What the hell has that got to do with anything?

I was also getting wound up by the 'sweetheart' comments all the time.
And why exactly did the guy think that he 'deserved' the job? Just beacuse he had worked hard?!
Old 29 March 2007, 02:07 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geddon

And why exactly did the guy think that he 'deserved' the job? Just beacuse he had worked hard?!
Pretty sure he's a northerner (like me, though he sounded from t' wrong side o' t'Pennines)
There's a highly prevelent attitude ooop North, particulary in working class areas, where people love to tell you that they're a grafter, never had a day off, went to the university of life (like everyone) blah blah. Never subscribed to it myself, but then I believe in working smart, which isn't always the same thing.
Old 29 March 2007, 02:33 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

for me he had to go if only for the way he waited for some others to put themselves forward and then try and back out at the last. He tried to make it look like he wouldn't ask someone else to do something he wouldn't do, tried to take it to the end and give the oppourtunity to someone else, backfired when everyone voted him as PM.
Old 29 March 2007, 03:03 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

YEP! I could have sworn she had a face loosely connected by bone and tissue; does the job!

I just came back from Selco [proper builders merchant] and was served by a lady who insisted calling me 'babes' about 4 times at the checkout. It just HAS to be good for business the other way around LOL

D