Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

fleet vans with tracker fitted

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2007, 07:04 PM
sterb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fleet vans with tracker fitted

getting a bit fed up now guys with my boss phonin me every minute askin where i am when he knows i know tracker is fitted to my van . i dont lie to him i tell him where i am. but surely he cant keep an eye on me all day and then when i call to my mums on the way home. so is there any rules or regulations he has to stick by cos i know not all the vans have it fitted (only the newest ones) also am i not entitled to some privacy even if at work.any info or sites available with info would be great.
Old 13 March 2007, 07:20 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sterb5
getting a bit fed up now guys with my boss phonin me every minute askin where i am when he knows i know tracker is fitted to my van . i dont lie to him i tell him where i am. but surely he cant keep an eye on me all day and then when i call to my mums on the way home. so is there any rules or regulations he has to stick by cos i know not all the vans have it fitted (only the newest ones) also am i not entitled to some privacy even if at work.any info or sites available with info would be great.
I think it has to be on all vans, or non at all for it to remain legal. Seek advice from your union staff. What company do you work for?
Old 13 March 2007, 07:22 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Tell him that because of the new mobile phone legislation you won't answer in future if he rings while you're driving, because you don't want to risk getting caught.
Old 14 March 2007, 12:01 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

We track 100+ guys a day (in fact one of them is currently doing 64mph on the M11 just north of J8 on his way to me ) & all we (legally) need to do is to advise them that we might track their movements.

Our vans, our equipment and they are tracked.
Old 14 March 2007, 12:07 AM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Big brother watches us all
Old 14 March 2007, 12:17 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Just ask him to stop phoning you all the time, he might not realise he's doing it so often.
So long as he warns you the vehicle is tracked there is nothing you can do about it.
Old 14 March 2007, 02:50 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sterb5
More info would be useful. If he's paying for your time, the van and the fuel, then yes, he's absolutely entitled to know your whereabouts. You're entitled to breaks (as stipulated in the Working Time Directive) but in the same way that my boss is entitled to know where I am all day (I'm office based) then your boss is entitled to know where you are all day.

As for privacy - be glad your job isn't PC & phone based - then they could track every single thing you do all day - including recording your calls!
Old 14 March 2007, 02:53 PM
Angels City Monger
Scooby Regular

Its about time to. too many workers have taken their bosses for muppets. I own your **** when you work for me. simple.
Old 14 March 2007, 03:23 PM
Moonloops
Scooby Regular

Group buy on Russian GPS jammers anyone ?

Mind you your sat nav will stop working also.
Old 14 March 2007, 03:36 PM
Angels City Monger
Scooby Regular

Tawain jammers are best .
Old 14 March 2007, 04:36 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

I own your **** when you work for me. simple.
Mmm
Old 14 March 2007, 04:59 PM
Scoobydid
Scooby Regular

As an employer I'm entitled to know where my property is and that my employees are where they should be, not parked up outside the pub. I warned my guys for a couple of years that if I kept catching them I would put them on, and eventually they pushed me too far. First thing they moaned about was the drop in their travelling time, as we then started paying them for what they actually do as opposed to what they were telling me they were doing.

Saying that there you should have a policy saying what you are and aren't allowed to do in the company vehicle