Website / Communities for appealing parking tickets

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2007, 01:40 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Website / Communities for appealing parking tickets

Afternoon all,

Some poxy little parking warden getting his own back for being bullied at school put a ticket on my car while it was parked on private property, but the front lip was hanging over a pavement. I was actually moving house at the time, hence why the car was an ickle bit forward so I could get to the boot. So I took a photo, which shows the wheels were not on the TW did a ****e diagram. I wrote them a letter appealng and they've basically said they're taking the TW shoddy diagram over the photographic evidence.

I'm just wondering whether anyone knows of any websites like the ones to fight back speed cameras. I'm quite tempted to just pay for the lack of hassle, but then at the same time it's a princible and a real dislike of being taxed by local councils when they're already getting a reasonable share of my income. Know what I mean?

Anyway, if anyone knows of any or can point me in their general direction, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers, have a nice day.

Nick
Old 08 March 2007, 01:43 PM
Angels City Monger
Scooby Regular

question why the warden did not use a camera. I believe most do these days to stop any arguing. But if you have shown them a pic with the front of the car over a payment you done ! its a offence.

Better to have said nothing and demanded full photgraphic evidence off them
Old 08 March 2007, 01:59 PM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

mynickers. I had a similar situation in Westminister, London. I was unloading 2 sherry barrels from a hired van when the parking ponce turned up. Lucky I was just finished, and although he took a picture, I had got into the van and drove off. No worries I thought.

4 weeks, hire firm rang me to say Ive got a ticket. They faxed over the reciept, showing the date / time and reference. Parking for westminister has a website where you can appeal, and see the photo. So I did, and f**k sake, the pic is of me, getting into the van, driving off.

So, I wrote in, protesting that I didnt get a receipt / parking ticket, and that I was unloading and even the pic shows I was driving off. The letter was polite and to the point, stating all my bits of evidience and reasoning, and got back a letter telling me the fine had been cancelled. Saved me £100 !!!

So, go online, see if the parking company / council has an online appeal system, draft a letter and send it in.

These parking ponces go on commision / targets, so try their luck. I hate them, I hate all of them, with a passion, as one of the requirements for potential ticket ponces, are to have no common sense.

Best of luck.

SBK

Last edited by sbk1972; 08 March 2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08 March 2007, 05:54 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Yeah I sent in a letter with my photographic evidence, and they replied rejecting it on the grounds that any vehical with a one or more wheel on a pavement is illegal. Their evidence for this was a scribled note, which means nothing to anyone other than them.

My photo shows my wheels off the road on a drive, but just the lip of the car over-hanging.

I think the option now is to make a formal representation, but their website (Waltham Forest Council) doesn't make it very clear. The letter had f**k you pay me all over it.

I was just hoping there was a site around like the camera one and get the low down, cause I can't be bothered to waste any time on it, otherwise I'll soon waste alot more than £40 in time drafting letters and such.

Just cheeses me off, as if moving house is not stressful enough. And they put a zebra crossing right outside the gate of my old house.
Old 08 March 2007, 10:22 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Appeal against incorrect parking tickets, car clamping, bus lane penalies

RMB Consulting

Ticket Terminators - Terminating your parking Tickets, Ticket Teminator, Parking Ticket Solutions, Get off your parking ticket

BWMA/Parking ticket campaign

mb