Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Private health care

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2007, 05:21 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Private health care

Any idea of costs? Had a quick scoot round the web and can't find any online quotes.

Family of 4 cover required.

Tks.
Old 05 March 2007, 05:32 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Age is the critical factor as well as level of cover of course.

I paid about a ton a month for family of 4 but really just to avoid any NHS waiting list and have a clean loo. This about doubled as I got older and I gave it up in the end.

I think you catch a better class of MRSA if you go privately
Old 05 March 2007, 07:30 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Any idea of costs? Had a quick scoot round the web and can't find any online quotes.

Family of 4 cover required.

Tks.
Lots of different levels of cover so no straight answer I'm afraid. Be careful and read the small print as the cheaper levels may not provide you with the sort of cover you want/expect.
A different way to do it is to open up a high interest account and deposit say £200/ month into it. You may not need any treatment for say 5 years by which time there is £12k in the account. This would pay for say two total knee replacements or about 5 hernia ops. If you don't use it you still have £12k + interest in your pocket, thank you very much.You may not need treatment for 10 years or more.
Remember a single outpatient appointment with a consultant can be had for £100-£150, so less than one months savings.

You have to be disciplined though and put the money away every month, best done as a direct debit and never touch it.

Lots of Drs do it this way, I would also except my wife gets it as a perk through her job.
You have to be disciplined tho
Old 05 March 2007, 07:40 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

been with axa great company £520 per year per person

had back surgery last year cost them £14000 when finshed
spot on went to Bupa hospital not your local pig pen
from start to finsh 3 weeks try that on the NHS more like 3 yrs
Old 06 March 2007, 12:06 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Statistically" according to the actuaries there are no high heath costs until age 58 so you take your chances LOL

Deep Singh I think is an NHS GP (I am an NHS Employee too) ..... so knows the the score. Do a search for the new targets ..18 weeks from referral to treatment.

Shaun
Old 06 March 2007, 09:37 AM
Robert Rosario
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Lots of different levels of cover so no straight answer I'm afraid. Be careful and read the small print as the cheaper levels may not provide you with the sort of cover you want/expect.
A different way to do it is to open up a high interest account and deposit say £200/ month into it. You may not need any treatment for say 5 years by which time there is £12k in the account. This would pay for say two total knee replacements or about 5 hernia ops. If you don't use it you still have £12k + interest in your pocket, thank you very much.You may not need treatment for 10 years or more.
Remember a single outpatient appointment with a consultant can be had for £100-£150, so less than one months savings.

You have to be disciplined though and put the money away every month, best done as a direct debit and never touch it.

Lots of Drs do it this way, I would also except my wife gets it as a perk through her job.
You have to be disciplined tho
Agree 100% with this. Private medical care is expensive, so would always go the monthly savings route, unless of course it was paid for by your employer or your other half.

Exactly the same as warranties with TV's etc.
Old 06 March 2007, 11:16 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Thanks all, especially Deep. Good advice there!