Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Benefits and Getting Back to Work

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2007, 01:27 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Benefits and Getting Back to Work

Just seen an article on TV about a woman who hasn't worked since John Major was in power .... she has kids and we are paying for her upkeep!

She gets £900 a month, not a lot - of course - but then she reels off all the other things she does not have to pay for!!

Council Tax, Water Rates, Prescriptions, Dental Treatment, Optician Services + Glasses, and loads of other benefits you get if on 'Benefits'!!!!

At a guess I'd say she was getting the equivalent of around £1400 a month!! For doing absolutely NOTHING!!

OK, £1400 is not a lot these days - but, this is to sit on your fat **** rubbing your 2 brain cells together!!

We should make her do some form of work, for free, say - work in the schools helping out? Cleaning the streets? Doing some shopping for the Elderly? Something for the £1400 NET she gets!!!!!!!!!
Old 04 March 2007, 01:33 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
Just seen an article on TV about a woman who hasn't worked since John Major was in power
- but, this is to sit on your fat **** rubbing your 2 brain cells together!!

sounds like a job you were born to do
Old 04 March 2007, 01:38 PM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. That's about £20k a year FFS!! The feckless and irresponsible need a size ten up their ****, not a handout.
Old 04 March 2007, 01:40 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Thinking of becoming a house-husband,or is this another PSlewis wind up

Last edited by paulr; 04 March 2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: I forgot. Dont feed the TROLLS.
Old 04 March 2007, 02:10 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Reminds me of that Wife Swap programme, where the working couple were living on 28k and fat Lizzie with her brood and loafing husband were living on 38k benefits
Old 04 March 2007, 02:29 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Just seen an article on TV about a woman who hasn't worked since John Major was in power .... she has kids and we are paying for her upkeep!

She gets £900 a month, not a lot - of course - but then she reels off all the other things she does not have to pay for!!

Council Tax, Water Rates, Prescriptions, Dental Treatment, Optician Services + Glasses, and loads of other benefits you get if on 'Benefits'!!!!

At a guess I'd say she was getting the equivalent of around £1400 a month!! For doing absolutely NOTHING!!

OK, £1400 is not a lot these days - but, this is to sit on your fat **** rubbing your 2 brain cells together!!

We should make her do some form of work, for free, say - work in the schools helping out? Cleaning the streets? Doing some shopping for the Elderly? Something for the £1400 NET she gets!!!!!!!!!

Life under NewLabour! Great isn't it

Chip
Old 04 March 2007, 03:11 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Agree with the above. What incentive did the fat ugly miserable heffer have for going back to work?
Seems mental that I know folk who earn less than that who have to get up and graft everyday
Old 04 March 2007, 03:24 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My cousin was in a similar boat as a single mum, limited by what she could do but needed for nothing. However, she's got some pride and as soon as her daughter went to school she got on one of these back to work scheme and is now a qualified sports physio who did her time with Tranmere Rovers and travelled to europe with Liverpool, not bad for someone who left school with no qualifications, so there is really no excuse for anyone to be sat at home creaming off my taxes...
Old 04 March 2007, 03:28 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hate to say it but I agree, I dont take home that much and I work full time !!

Whilst the children are too young to go to school I dont mind so much, although if you cant afford kids, dont have kids is a better option
Old 04 March 2007, 03:35 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i have a part time lad who broke his ankle, and he gets some kind of "back to work credit" from the goverment to help ease him back into work/new job

for only working 2 days a week, he does OK
Old 04 March 2007, 03:41 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Well you know what do you DCI, vote Labour out of power!

Just look at the benefits Abu Hamza has been getting for breeding a load of terrorists here - outrageous - must be MANY more like him too.
Old 04 March 2007, 03:41 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The woman who lives opposite me doesn't live with her husband, so they can both claim housing. He even has a lodger. She has a job, is supposedly OK at it and respected, and could if she wanted go full time, but that would affect her benefits. She has two kids, one whom occasionally lives with her when he isn't in care, and a daughter whom visits sometimes with the other Dad. She has it all sussed, and it p!$$e$ me off no end. She has the ability to reduce her impact on us all but chooses not to out of sheer arrogance. She does however always wear very short skirts
Old 04 March 2007, 03:45 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
She does however always wear very short skirts
Dependent on her legs - that could be enough to forgive her
Old 04 March 2007, 03:46 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Exactly
Old 04 March 2007, 04:15 PM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Originally Posted by corradoboy
She does however always wear very short skirts

PRETTY AS A PEACH
Old 05 March 2007, 08:53 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now, I see they are going to pay for decent clothes to give them for Interviews and something to hide their Tatts!!

If they can afford to smoke, drink and have Tatts done then they can pay for their own bloody Interview Clothes!!

Personally, anyone stupid enough to think a Tattoo is clever doesn't warrant a decent job. But thats just my (and 99% of others) opinion

There is an under class in this country that need removing permanently!
Old 05 March 2007, 08:59 AM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

There is an under class in this country that need removing permanently!
... and the trouble is, they're the ones breeding like rabbits. Should be a limit for benefits - 18 months max, and after that you have your knackers lopped off.
Old 05 March 2007, 09:49 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Those who decided they can't be arsed working should be given shelter, basic clothing and basic food - no **** or drink, no holidays, no cars etc etc. I think they used to have a system like this - it was called the poorhouse. I know a person who has been off work with depression since 1985. He even gets his golf club fees paid by the NHS to 'aid his recovery.'
Old 05 March 2007, 10:09 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Those who decided they can't be arsed working should be given shelter, basic clothing and basic food - no **** or drink, no holidays, no cars etc etc. I think they used to have a system like this - it was called the poorhouse. I know a person who has been off work with depression since 1985. He even gets his golf club fees paid by the NHS to 'aid his recovery.'

depression is a difficult thing to recover from... saying that I've found a good job normally sorts it !
Old 05 March 2007, 12:31 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Tell you what PSL, why don't you write to your hero and tell him what you, as a committed and blind supporter of Labour, think of what his and his sad cronies' policies have brought this country down to. If you are quick he may just get the letter before they catch up with him!

Les
Old 05 March 2007, 12:43 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Thinking about putting one of those petitions on the PMs site

"we the undersigned would like the government to force workshy baby making machines (aka the long term unemployed) back to work instead of rewarding their idleness with yet more benefits, plasma tvs and generally encouraging them to sponge off the rest of us that actually do some work."

5t.
Old 05 March 2007, 02:45 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Just a genuine question here, I thought water rates were not part of benefits. You still have to pay them. My friend is a proud mother of 5 and hasnt worked a day in her life (dont ask it is a very sore point in my house and p*sses me off too) and she was moaning about the water rates. I am sure she has to pay them and doesnt get a reduction just because she is on benefits.

Mind you I could be wrong.
Old 05 March 2007, 02:49 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dieseldog
... and the trouble is, they're the ones breeding like rabbits. Should be a limit for benefits - 18 months max, and after that you have your knackers lopped off.
How's your mate Hitler nowdays?
Old 05 March 2007, 03:01 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JonMc
My cousin was in a similar boat as a single mum, limited by what she could do but needed for nothing. However, she's got some pride and as soon as her daughter went to school she got on one of these back to work scheme and is now a qualified sports physio who did her time with Tranmere Rovers and travelled to europe with Liverpool, not bad for someone who left school with no qualifications, so there is really no excuse for anyone to be sat at home creaming off my taxes...

This is an example of the sort of people who should be supported by the system, there are many more, careers, disabled, etc.

The problem is that certain elements have used and abused the system and been allowed to by successive governments with little or no encouragement or incentives to get back into the workplace and contribute.
There was blue murder when Clinton introduced a limit on the duration of benefits and as it turns out even to those who stood 100% against it have agreed that having seen this work that they fully support it now.

We have second and third generation scroungers and work-shy people who do not have any intention of working and contributing to this country or the welfare system other than to scrounge off of it.
There will always be those who need it and it should be there for those people.

Interesting debate of R5 live this morning on this very subject and some varied and diverse views.
When you hear from some post office managers that some single mothers tuning up at post offices and getting £500.00-600.00 cash payments (excluding child benefit) to look after their 5 kids all fathered by different blokes then you must conclude that the current system just does not work!

Last edited by The Zohan; 05 March 2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05 March 2007, 03:06 PM
Dieseldog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bat-Fink
How's your mate Hitler nowdays?
He's fine, thanks. He's coming round later for a game of Trivial Pursuit...
Old 05 March 2007, 03:17 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Yu joke about this, quite rightly so but it does seem like having more kids whilst on benifits is rewarded by more money and other benefits

On thing that is being looked at is removing child benefits when the youngest child reaches 12 not 16.

The 'Vikki Pollard' generation - and for those who think she is a Little Britian invention then pop down to your local benefits offices during th day, not too early mind, and have a look for yourselves!

I know of one woman* who has 5 kids by 3 diferent fathers, she has a 4 bed concil house and no need to work as she has easliy enough to get by on.

Why

She gets a serious payment each month frm the goverment iin the form of benefits for the kids and her as she is a 'single' mum.

Her boyfriend who works (is not registered at the house) lives with her and pays his way. *I actiually know this guy through a friend, not the her really. He is a mager for a logistics firm and earns around £30k per annum so not a fortune and to enough to fully support her in the lifestyle she is usd to.

She does have a cash in hand job at the local pub to make 'pin money'.

They go away on holiday twice a year.

This bothers me that she has taken out of the system since she was 17, never worked and gets all these benefits. I would not want to see the kids suffer but it is another example of the system at fault IMHO.

The system is easy to fool.

I once got signed of of work (i had handed in my notice and did not want to go in for the month, the company had taken the pee with me workong 90+ hours a week for 9 months) by going to the doctor and quoting the symptoms of stress, which i had read in a magazine the evening before, he signed me off for a month and said just pop back if i needed another note. I was paid for the month in hand and did not claim anything from the state as such!

Same goes for when i injured my back. I was told that back trouble was almost impossible to disprove and that i could get signed of for as long as i wanted/needed. I tis cas i wne back to work within two weeks withut climing for aything as i was employed and signed of sick, paid by the employer but i could have stayed off for as long as i wanted.

Last edited by The Zohan; 05 March 2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05 March 2007, 03:31 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Theres examples of people sponging off the state wherever you go....

It is the norm in every inner city....

Even most working people in certain trades such as taxis, joiners, plumbers etc are all signing on , enjoying a tax free income...

Welcome to Blairs well fed underclass....
Old 05 March 2007, 03:42 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Definately the way forward, give them a room to sleep in, provide meals for them and give them something to wear - could even buy all of oxfams stock off them for clothes. Make sure they have nothing luxurious. If they really dont want to work then you have fulfulled your moral obgliations to house and keep them that society seems to like, if they dont like living in a s**thole then they'll get off their bums and find a job. Personally I'd make it like a university hall of residence, ultra cheap accomodation and free food. Also stick it up far away from decent area's so they can't walk into them and steal our cars.
Old 05 March 2007, 03:54 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by borat52
Definately the way forward, give them a room to sleep in, provide meals for them and give them something to wear - could even buy all of oxfams stock off them for clothes. Make sure they have nothing luxurious. If they really dont want to work then you have fulfulled your moral obgliations to house and keep them that society seems to like, if they dont like living in a s**thole then they'll get off their bums and find a job. Personally I'd make it like a university hall of residence, ultra cheap accomodation and free food. Also stick it up far away from decent area's so they can't walk into them and steal our cars.
Sadly, one issue is that we in the UK let migrant workers into the Uk to do jobs that some unemployed will not do for whatever reason, this seems like madness to me, they (unemployed) should not be in a position to pick and choose on this basis, the above would certainly help with that!

Isn't it about time one of SN's chattering class bleeding hearts stepped up to fight the cause for the other side!

Last edited by The Zohan; 05 March 2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05 March 2007, 04:09 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
Theres examples of people sponging off the state wherever you go....

It is the norm in every inner city....

Even most working people in certain trades such as taxis, joiners, plumbers etc are all signing on , enjoying a tax free income...

Welcome to Blairs well fed underclass....
tax evasion is serious business, and most plumbrs I know of, inncluding myself pay a bundle of tax

Story.

Girl worked in a shop part time for a year or two. Quit and is now living on benefits. Shes 18. Her mother is also on benefits, her youngest child was soon turning to the age of where the mother would no longer get money from the governement for "it", so she has ANOTHER baby coming on the way so the governemtn keeps sending her that juicy cheque. Fcukin pisses me off big time.

Another girl, 18 gets benefits because her mum died of cancer, and her father gets benefits. Maybe hes still grieving, but he hasnt worked for years. maybe he was looking after his sickly wife, but what takes the biscuit is that he lives in a 300k house, has a plasma TV and buys his daughter a brand new car. All paid for by us.

Quick Reply: Benefits and Getting Back to Work