Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Changing Mobile provider - keeping number

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2007, 12:24 PM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Mobile provider - keeping number

Straight to the point, I'm looking to ditch Orange and move to O2. However I'd like to ( if possible ) keep my current number that I have had for a few years now.

Never done this before so I'm hoping that someone who has can explain the proccess to me. I've heard the PAC word mentioned before now ?

Cheers in advance.....
Old 28 February 2007, 12:27 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Phone Orange, tell them you are leaving and ask them for the PAC code, give it to O2 job done. PAC codes do expire and some providers try and charge for giving them out, butI think Orange are ok.
Orange should explain everything you need. Be prepared for them to bend over backwards to offer you a better deal to keep you as a customer.
Old 28 February 2007, 01:20 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

PAC's last for 30 days, are free if out of commitment, chargeable at a daily rate until contract ends if not.

Get a new phone with someone else, they will give you a new number. Tell them the Port Authorisation Code and a few days later your old phone line closes (phone's still ok to use but may require 'unlocking' to use a different SIM) and the number ports over the top of the new one. Until it ports you will be getting charged for both lines.

I used to work for T-mobile.
Old 28 February 2007, 02:23 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

Whenever I moved from o2 I had to request my PAC code in writing (how old fashioned !!) so it took about a week to sort out, o2 then sent me a text with the pac code on it and said it was valid for 2 weeks, a few days later I also got a letter from o2 with pac code and saying that they were sorry to loose me as a customer. I then rang up 3 and told them the code and a couple of hours later the number was transfered.

Before I wrote requesting the pac code it took several phone calls and speaking to several different o2 people until they eventually told me write to them. I think it was just a ploy to see if I would give up and just stay with them.

Windyboy.