Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Missing parcels

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2007, 05:18 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Missing parcels

I'm getting a bit peed off now as 2 parcels which have been sent (by 2 different companies) via royal mail and parcel force have gone missing.

This takes the figure to 6 or 7 in the last year all of which have been sent via RM and PF.
The parcels are smallish (last 2 are a K+N element and Philips bulbs) so i'm wondering if the courier is nicking them?
I phoned the PO last year and the manager said he'd look into it and get back to me but he never did
This is now getting out of hand as the cheap items (£5 - £40) aren't insured deliveries so i'm out of pocket

Does anyone know who i can contact (above the local sorting office manager) so i can make an official complaint?

Cheers
Old 06 February 2007, 05:31 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the link below, you have to download a form to fill in, as long as you have proof of postage you can claim.

I sold an item on ebay, sent it unrecorded second class, the guy never received it, I claimed and got £32, the item was only £11

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...catId=19100176
Old 06 February 2007, 05:45 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Cheers pauld37, had a look on the site but it doesn't have a link to make a complaint about numerous missing parcels.

I was told by the postie who delivers the mail that the drivers don't like comming onto my lane as it's narrow, i don't know if this has any bearing on the missing parcels (oh no not 1 for this lane - sod it i'll pretend i haven't got 1 ) this happened when i worked as a courier a few years ago with some of the drivers (b'stards) and they'd throw them off the van in the depot
Old 06 February 2007, 05:47 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I caught the Parcelfarce guy leaving a package around the back of the house this morning. Bstard hadn't left a card and it would have been left out there for days
Old 06 February 2007, 06:11 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robby

I was told by the postie who delivers the mail that the drivers don't like comming onto my lane as it's narrow, i don't know if this has any bearing on the missing parcels (oh no not 1 for this lane - sod it i'll pretend i haven't got 1 ) this happened when i worked as a courier a few years ago with some of the drivers (b'stards) and they'd throw them off the van in the depot
I'm pretty sure that is what happens now a days.

A parcelforce driver put a card through our letterbox once without even knocking because "there were no cars on the drive"

There must be somewhere to complain if it is regularily happening to you
Old 06 February 2007, 06:17 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

I used to drive a 7.5t on my rounds to farms, down country lanes, through towns, etc - got annoyed sometimes but always made the drops.
Other couriers manage to get their 7.5t up/ down our lane and parcelfarce/ RM only use 3.5t vans so can't use the no access excuse

I need to write to the head office to lodge a formal complaint so if things still go missing it can all be logged?
Old 06 February 2007, 06:44 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Phone Royal Mail on 08457 740 740. Go through to complaints and tak eit from there.

I still have a complaint re a missing parcel, and a forged signature being investigated from Nov 06. I emailed the Chairman in the end ( three times) and have just received an email acknowledgement for my first email back in Nov .

It seems to have some effect though - the local delivery office manager personally came out to see me and is now being made to sort the problem out - with the chairmans office overseeing it.

Go through the normal channels first - apparently it should be the sending company who makes the complaint, not the customer - why they say this I don't know. Each time you contact them they have 30 days to reply to you so don't expect a fast resolution.
Old 06 February 2007, 07:07 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

thanks LG - i'll give the number a ring tommorow
Old 11 February 2007, 07:32 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

update - i phoned the complaints dept and was told a parcel isn't lost or missing until 15 days after it was supposed to be delivered.
The person i spoke to got in touch with the depot and 1 of the parcels was there?????
"well redeliver it so you'll get in in 2 days" he said - why should they redeliver when it wasn't delivered in the first place???

Ended up with the local postie dropping it off so i guess it is the driver who can't be arsed to deliver!!!!

I've just written a letter of complaint about the driver/ depot but unsure who to send it to? if i send it to the depot manager he might have a word with the driver or he may just bin it?
Old 11 February 2007, 09:22 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

YHPM