ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Missing parcels (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/580948-missing-parcels.html)

robby 06 February 2007 05:18 PM

Missing parcels

I'm getting a bit peed off now as 2 parcels which have been sent (by 2 different companies) via royal mail and parcel force have gone missing.

This takes the figure to 6 or 7 in the last year all of which have been sent via RM and PF.
The parcels are smallish (last 2 are a K+N element and Philips bulbs) so i'm wondering if the courier is nicking them?
I phoned the PO last year and the manager said he'd look into it and get back to me but he never did :(
This is now getting out of hand as the cheap items (£5 - £40) aren't insured deliveries so i'm out of pocket

Does anyone know who i can contact (above the local sorting office manager) so i can make an official complaint?

Cheers

pauld37 06 February 2007 05:31 PM

Try the link below, you have to download a form to fill in, as long as you have proof of postage you can claim.

I sold an item on ebay, sent it unrecorded second class, the guy never received it, I claimed and got £32, the item was only £11 :thumb:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...catId=19100176

robby 06 February 2007 05:45 PM

Cheers pauld37, had a look on the site but it doesn't have a link to make a complaint about numerous missing parcels.

I was told by the postie who delivers the mail that the drivers don't like comming onto my lane as it's narrow, i don't know if this has any bearing on the missing parcels (oh no not 1 for this lane - sod it i'll pretend i haven't got 1 ) this happened when i worked as a courier a few years ago with some of the drivers (b'stards) and they'd throw them off the van in the depot

TopBanana 06 February 2007 05:47 PM

I caught the Parcelfarce guy leaving a package around the back of the house this morning. Bstard hadn't left a card and it would have been left out there for days

pauld37 06 February 2007 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by robby (Post 6631008)

I was told by the postie who delivers the mail that the drivers don't like comming onto my lane as it's narrow, i don't know if this has any bearing on the missing parcels (oh no not 1 for this lane - sod it i'll pretend i haven't got 1 ) this happened when i worked as a courier a few years ago with some of the drivers (b'stards) and they'd throw them off the van in the depot

I'm pretty sure that is what happens now a days.

A parcelforce driver put a card through our letterbox once without even knocking because "there were no cars on the drive" :brickwall

There must be somewhere to complain if it is regularily happening to you :(

robby 06 February 2007 06:17 PM

I used to drive a 7.5t on my rounds to farms, down country lanes, through towns, etc - got annoyed sometimes but always made the drops.
Other couriers manage to get their 7.5t up/ down our lane and parcelfarce/ RM only use 3.5t vans so can't use the no access excuse

I need to write to the head office to lodge a formal complaint so if things still go missing it can all be logged?

little-ginge 06 February 2007 06:44 PM

Phone Royal Mail on 08457 740 740. Go through to complaints and tak eit from there.

I still have a complaint re a missing parcel, and a forged signature being investigated from Nov 06. I emailed the Chairman in the end ( three times) and have just received an email acknowledgement for my first email back in Nov:rolleyes: .

It seems to have some effect though - the local delivery office manager personally came out to see me and is now being made to sort the problem out - with the chairmans office overseeing it.

Go through the normal channels first - apparently it should be the sending company who makes the complaint, not the customer - why they say this I don't know. Each time you contact them they have 30 days to reply to you so don't expect a fast resolution.

robby 06 February 2007 07:07 PM

thanks LG - i'll give the number a ring tommorow :)

robby 11 February 2007 07:32 PM

update - i phoned the complaints dept and was told a parcel isn't lost or missing until 15 days after it was supposed to be delivered.
The person i spoke to got in touch with the depot and 1 of the parcels was there?????
"well redeliver it so you'll get in in 2 days" he said - why should they redeliver when it wasn't delivered in the first place???

Ended up with the local postie dropping it off so i guess it is the driver who can't be arsed to deliver!!!!

I've just written a letter of complaint about the driver/ depot but unsure who to send it to? if i send it to the depot manager he might have a word with the driver or he may just bin it?

little-ginge 11 February 2007 09:22 PM

YHPM:thumb: