Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2007, 01:17 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking

I live in a terrace house in a block of 9 houses. the only parking is the road in front of my house. Do i have any rights to entitle me to park in front of my house or is it tough and anyone can park there and theres nothing i can do about it???
Old 22 January 2007, 01:17 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

It's tough and anyone can part there, assuming it is a public road.
Old 22 January 2007, 02:03 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

What does it say on your deeds?

My house comes with a parking space, and it also lists the local public parking.

If its public parking and not allocated to you then its first come first served.
Old 22 January 2007, 02:06 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

If the car (any car not just yours) is not blocking a driveway then it can park outside your house. Obvious exclusions permitting, like a disabled bay for your use ony, or in the deeds. I very much doubt it'll mention anything in the deeds for road parking.
Old 22 January 2007, 02:11 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

is there anything you can do to get parking spaces painted on the road?? I dont mean my own private space(although that would be nice) but some people that live in the street just seem to pull up where ever they want and dont care about anyone else, if everyone parked outside there houses we could get everyone on the street????? some of them seem stupid!
Old 22 January 2007, 02:15 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by B9GLY
is there anything you can do to get parking spaces painted on the road?? I dont mean my own private space(although that would be nice) but some people that live in the street just seem to pull up where ever they want and dont care about anyone else, if everyone parked outside there houses we could get everyone on the street????? some of them seem stupid!
And some of them have 2 cars and some of them have visitors.

Tough titty Im afraid.
Old 22 January 2007, 02:17 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I doubt it, some households will have more than two cars, which is probably where the pinch comes from.

Unless you get on really well with your neighbours I doubt anything will change.

Does this mean then, that you do not have an allocated parking space with the house?
Old 22 January 2007, 02:22 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I too live on a street like yours... It's amazing how many people are funny about having to have their car parked right outside their houses... I prefer mine parked on the opposite side of the road to my house as it means I can see all of it from my bedroom window.
Plus they'll be breaking into the wrong house if they want the keys
There was a guy who used to reverse right up to any car parked outside his house in a pitiful attempt to block them in and another guy who would stand outside his front door and tut for a few minutes if someone parked outside his
It's first come first served I'm afraid... I'm lucky where I am now to have a good rapport with my neighbours and a few park their cars in lean-to's round the back so it's not too much of a problem. The missus has to park hers round the corner but it's not far...
A couple of the disabled badge holders on my block have had disables bays marked outside their houses, but only the Boswells would get away with police cones and the likes
Old 22 January 2007, 02:41 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
I doubt it, some households will have more than two cars, which is probably where the pinch comes from.

Unless you get on really well with your neighbours I doubt anything will change.

Does this mean then, that you do not have an allocated parking space with the house?
no i dont have an allocated parking space

i generally dont have a problem and always get my space in front of my house by the end of the day! just cant stand it when i come home from work to see a van/car etc parked across 2 houses where you could have got 2 cars!

just me being picky!!! lol

going to have to move and get somewhere with a driveway!
Old 22 January 2007, 02:43 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

My dad used to have a major problem with couriers parking their vans right outside his front window, in the end he applied to the council to have the kerb dropped and he converted his front garden into a drive.

No one parks in front now.