Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gordon Brown "Prudent Chancellor"?

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2007, 07:34 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Gordon Brown "Prudent Chancellor"?

HAHAHAHA No F******* Chance

Telegraph | Business | Britain plunges down budget league

Stuff that in your pipe Lewis

Brown Brown Brown OUT OUT OUT!!!!!
Old 19 January 2007, 07:39 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

LOL. He was interviewed about supporting an English bid for the World Cup on the BBC. When asked if he'd want England or Scotland to win, he said "England" (aye, right, so you would Gordon). LOL, poliiticians and votes - he'd probably take a stanley knife to his own **** if he though having a sex change was a vote winner !
Old 19 January 2007, 07:48 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

get used to the t*at he will probably rule the country by the end of this year
Old 19 January 2007, 07:53 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Gordon Brown has utterly screwed this countrys economy, but the illusion of weath he's created seems to be believed by so many still - even though clearly people are starting to see the facts.

He's running the country like someone who spends their entire salary each year, plus a big chunk of their savings, plus a massive loan. Clearly its not sustainable, and the longer it goes on the bigger the mess, and the longer it will take to put things right.

Hence why I'm joining the hoards of skilled people leaving - wtf is this place going to be like in 15-20years?
Old 19 January 2007, 07:54 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

I think he's great.

I've just finished paying for a couple of extra sets of taxes on easyjet flights I booked well before his PRE-budget.

Hope this doesn't set a precedent. For example....You bought a new car three years ago...mmmm... think we'll add some extra tax.

VAT on your food bill for last year wasn't high enough we want an extra 20%

Retrospective taxes - we are complete mugs in this country!
Old 19 January 2007, 08:12 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Shocking but not surpirsing. It's all coming home to roost now.

New Labour are the worst thing to happen to the UK since, well, Old Labour in the 70s.

Brown has consistantly and systematically lied to the population for 10 years and now we are all about to reap the consequences of his mismanagement and the electorates gullibility.
Old 19 January 2007, 08:24 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Why the **** do they keep getting voted in, i still can't believe they got in last time.

Trending Topics

Old 19 January 2007, 08:29 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5SCOTT
Why the **** do they keep getting voted in, i still can't believe they got in last time.

LOL, Well, GW Bush was voted in twice !
Old 19 January 2007, 09:19 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

funny how old pissy is so quiet - shame the facts are getting in the way of his hero worship
Old 19 January 2007, 09:21 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

His care assistant has probably put him to bed
Old 19 January 2007, 09:43 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5SCOTT
Because there was/is no credible opposition and that is the real problem here.

It amuses me how you can read so many threads where the usual crowd say the usual things about how everything is NL's fault, but rarely do you see anyone discussing what the alternatives are. It's almost like it's assumed that any alternative will be better, but that is no more than blind faith and in part why we are where we are.

We need a party that is there for the genuine good of the electorate and not out solely to further their own careers and line their own pockets. Sadly neither the Labour party or the Conservative party fit that bill and as the only two parties realistically likely to get elected it is a pretty sad state of affairs.
Old 19 January 2007, 09:48 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Because there was/is no credible opposition and that is the real problem here.

It amuses me how you can read so many threads where the usual crowd say the usual things about how everything is NL's fault, but rarely do you see anyone discussing what the alternatives are. It's almost like it's assumed that any alternative will be better, but that is no more than blind faith and in part why we are where we are.

We need a party that is there for the genuine good of the electorate and not out solely to further their own careers and line their own pockets. Sadly neither the Labour party or the Conservative party fit that bill and as the only two parties realistically likely to get elected it is a pretty sad state of affairs.

In today's world where money is king and greed is good, there is no such thing as a government without self interests.
Old 19 January 2007, 10:03 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
In today's world where money is king and greed is good, there is no such thing as a government without self interests.
Not in this country anyway.

Cuba anyone?
Old 19 January 2007, 10:15 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Not in this country anyway.

Cuba anyone?
Think their leader's on the way out soon too UB.
Old 19 January 2007, 11:32 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always voted Conservative, but am disappointed by the present party. They don't seem to stand out enough from Labour. They are feeding us all the green tax nonsense, and don't speak enough about light government, low taxation and encouraging business/enterprise. They don't seem to show a credible alternative to Labour yet. It seems to be the press that are giving the opposition, not the Conservative party.

I have to admit I was for a while reluctantly willing to give some praise to the present government until I realised the extent of their spending and borrowing. Even though I'm one of the GPs who have supposedly had our mouths stuffed with gold whilst we use golden stethoscopes, the main benefit is reduced working hours. However, this has come at the price of so many targets we are sinking under them, and any extra income seems to be taken away in taxation.
Old 20 January 2007, 12:15 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by john banks
I've always voted Conservative, but am disappointed by the present party. They don't seem to stand out enough from Labour. They are feeding us all the green tax nonsense, and don't speak enough about light government, low taxation and encouraging business/enterprise. They don't seem to show a credible alternative to Labour yet. It seems to be the press that are giving the opposition, not the Conservative party.

I have to admit I was for a while reluctantly willing to give some praise to the present government until I realised the extent of their spending and borrowing. Even though I'm one of the GPs who have supposedly had our mouths stuffed with gold whilst we use golden stethoscopes, the main benefit is reduced working hours. However, this has come at the price of so many targets we are sinking under them, and any extra income seems to be taken away in taxation.

The Tories might still be elected. Tony Blair was elected in three consecutive General Elections ~ and David Cameron is more like Tony Blair than Gordon Brown is.
Old 21 January 2007, 01:06 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

if you want small Government, low taxes and schools that have some control over the kids then vote ukip, theyre the only party saying they want LESS government.
Old 21 January 2007, 09:53 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would simply be a protest vote in the near future though, much as a I agree with some of their policies.