Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Heart rate monitors

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2007, 01:27 PM
Bakerman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heart rate monitors

Yo, what I am after is a heart rate monitor that say records my heart rate at 30sec intervals and then allows me to download the data to plot against time (actual time not time passed) on my PC - essentially so if I know something happened at say 10am I could go and see the impact to me on my graph at 10am. Ideally it would be able to store a couple of hours of data at least, with as many other params as possible with possibly blood pressure as well but I am pretty sure the blood pressure requirement might well be difficult to satisfy. Must be light enough/convenient enough/practical enough to wear with normal clothes.

There are plenty of watches out there that give you actual and averages etc but not quite what I am after.

Any ideas ??

Thanks
Old 18 January 2007, 02:24 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Polar make the best.

Can recommend this shop as well. Fantastic service for both of the ones I've bought off them. (Ordered at 4pm, was on my doorstep by 8am the next day)

Polar Heart Rate Monitors - Polar heart monitor (Polar HRM). Polar heartrate monitors UK dealer

You can get them to record this sort of stuff

http://www.heartratemonitor.co.uk/po...25x_run259.jpg
Old 18 January 2007, 02:25 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

I was lent one of these a few years ago, twice in fact, by a hospital (as I'm diabetic and have high blood pressure). It was strapped around the top of my arm and fed to a box which I wore around my hip - even in bed, so not exactly ergonimically friendly. I wore these for 24 hours then back to the hossie for the download. I've never seen them for sale publically though...

R
Old 18 January 2007, 04:39 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a Polar F11, great bit of kit although even the "own zone" sometimes gets interference when the gym is busy
Old 18 January 2007, 04:44 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
I use a Polar F11, great bit of kit although even the "own zone" sometimes gets interference when the gym is busy
Shat myself when that first happened - Thought my pulse was 230. Must take signals from the machines as well because most of the bikes/treadmills have Polar compatible pulse readers on the handles.