Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So another NL minister practicing what they preach.. not!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2007, 08:58 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So another NL minister practicing what they preach.. not!!

And the former education secratary to boot!!!!

Oh the Irony

wait for it, she claims the current school isn't doing enough to help!!!

PSML, erm who.s been responsible for schooling in the country for the last nine years,....... haha.

So much for the education, education, education, tag line that was heralded many years ago.

Amazing isnt it, when she was in charge, everything was supposedly rosy... no doubt the spin will kick off soon.

Mind you her boss wasn't much better, wasn't there a cloud over one of his going to a certain school? to which if i recall they didn't meet the entry criteria.

Mart
Old 08 January 2007, 09:07 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mart360
education, education, education

Didn't you mean taxation, taxation, taxation?
Old 08 January 2007, 09:52 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline

Didn't you mean taxation, taxation, taxation?

Watched a program the other day on how labours policies after ww2 nearly bankrupted the country,how times change hey
Old 08 January 2007, 01:40 PM
New_scooby_04

Oddlly enough I kind of respect her more for doing this.

She would have known the backlash this would cause, but refused to compromise her child's education for her professional ends.

It does kinda illustrate what NL have done to education in this country though!

Ns04
Old 08 January 2007, 01:49 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Oddlly enough I kind of respect her more for doing this.

She would have known the backlash this would cause, but refused to compromise her child's education for her professional ends.

It does kinda illustrate what NL have done to education in this country though!

Ns04
Her reason's for choosing a private education are because her child has dyslexia and thus has specials needs.

New Labia have closed over 100 special needs schools because all children should be educated to the same (LOW) standard.

She's the ******* retard who wanted paedo's to get jobs in public schools - no wonder she doesn't want her off-spring to attend !

ps Who would ******* **** her in the first place - must have raided the local sperm bank
Old 08 January 2007, 01:51 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey

ps Who would ******* **** her in the first place - must have raided the local sperm bank
Remember - Some shagged Jade Goodies Mum...

Pretty pathetic turn of events.

There are advantages though - Labour are throwing millions at all sorts of "social" projects.

Tap into these, and it's blank cheque time.
We do PR for a few govt agencies...
Old 08 January 2007, 02:29 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Her reason's for choosing a private education are because her child has dyslexia and thus has specials needs.

New Labia have closed over 100 special needs schools because all children should be educated to the same (LOW) standard.

She's the ******* retard who wanted paedo's to get jobs in public schools - no wonder she doesn't want her off-spring to attend !

Noooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 08 January 2007, 02:30 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Blair defends Kelly in private school row - Yahoo! News UK

Tony Liar is straight to her defence
Old 08 January 2007, 02:31 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Fatty Abbot did the same IIRC?
Old 08 January 2007, 02:42 PM
New_scooby_04

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending her; I'm more aware than most of what NL have done to the education system in this country. I'm no fan of her, too!

However, I have a grudging respect for her having done the right thing by her child in spite of the problems her actions would have for her, even though the situation is of her -and NLs- own making!

Of course, one could argue that the real implications for her are going to be minimal as TB will obviously jump to her defence. Her decision will only alientate the public, and since when do NL politicians care what Joe public thinks!

Do as a say, not as I do = first principle of weak leadership.

Weak leadership = TB and NL!

Ns04
Old 08 January 2007, 03:42 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
Do as a say, not as I do = first principle of weak leadership.
I thought that was the first principle of a good marriage .
Old 08 January 2007, 04:07 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

What me laugh, is the spin that she came out with,

Quote" The local authority accepted her decision, she insisted." Unquote

what could they do about it? stop her? sheesh!!.

And

Quote ""It is not uncommon for pupils with substantial learning difficulties to spend some time outside the state sector to help them progress - sometimes this is paid for by the local authority." Unquote

Really?? I know several parents with children in the same situation, who got offered support, internally, but told when they went to secondary education there is no support... and no offers of the state paying for them to go elsewhere...

But WHO was the minister in charge of schools????

and why didn't she put the kiddies first then???

now if she couldnt do somthing about it then, what hope have we now

Mart
Old 08 January 2007, 04:22 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What do we expect of a woman who'd not even set foot in a state school until she was made education secretary by that w*nker Blair? I mean, how can SHE, who knows so little of the sate sector, be the minister? Ludicrous.

And then we had Brown interviewed on daytime tv, Sunday morning. HIS governemnt will listen, it'll be a new type of governemnt, for the people listening to the people, not interventionist.........

Now WHERE have we heard all that lot before?

Saw this advertised last night. I, for one, will be watching it:

channel4.com / Drama / The Trial of Tony Blair

Alcazar
Old 08 January 2007, 04:30 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Education in this counrty is **** and thats a fact. Unless your a rich stuck up ******* and can pay for your child to go to some expensive toffee nosed school prepare for the worst.
Old 08 January 2007, 04:36 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Bring back grammar schools
Old 08 January 2007, 05:04 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Bring back grammar schools
Agreed
Old 08 January 2007, 05:13 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Blair babes .They all make me shudder.Especially the deep voiced Kelly
Old 08 January 2007, 05:14 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You honestly expect our ruling elite's offspring to have to rough it with the plebs?
Old 08 January 2007, 05:16 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

she should have left him in a state school, that way he would have been guaranteed 5 GCSEs or more in another record pass rate year despite failing standards, increasing truancy, bullying and classroom violence
Old 08 January 2007, 07:45 PM
homerdog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Education in this counrty is **** and thats a fact.
Very true...

And you are living proof!
Old 08 January 2007, 11:34 PM
Seamaster
BANNED

nothing wrong with public schools. dont play the class game "audilover" its boring. its her money and she is free to do what she wants.

good luck to her child .
Old 09 January 2007, 12:49 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Im far from being a Labour supporter, but doesnt she have a 'special needs' child living in an LEA area where they wont fund private schooling (many do where it is necessary)? Who in her position would not pay for this if the LEA wouldnt foot the bill, if they were able to? Conversely, what sort of person would allow their child to suffer to make a dubious political point? This isnt a case of a ministers son being sent to Harrow instead of the perfectly good local grammar school.....

As an aside: why is it that most of the people with an opinion about private schools know absolutely f*ck-all about them?

Simon

Last edited by GC8; 09 January 2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09 January 2007, 12:56 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Im far from being a Labour supporter, but doesnt she have 'special needs' child living in an LEA area where they wont fund for private schooling (many do where it is necessary)? Who in her position would not pay for this is the LEA wouldnt foot the bill, if they were able to? Conversely, what sort of person would allow their child to suffer to make a dubious political point? This isnt a case of a ministers son being sent to Harrow instead of the perfectly good local grammar school.....

As an aside: why is it that most of the people with an opinion about private schools know absolutely f*ck-all about them?

Simon
None of us dispute that, what irks us is that SHE was the schools minister who looked into all of thisall of it... now that she has a problem, she is using her welath to get round it. perhaps if she had put enough effort into looking after kids than paedo,s then we/she may not be in this situation

Mart
Old 09 January 2007, 01:17 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
In this case though, and as indicated ny all the other Nu Labia luvvies who have chosen private education, it's one rule for them and one for the rest of us .....
How so? If you have the money you can send your children to a private school just the same as she can. If you don't have the money then tough luck. That's capitalism for you, something I would bet you are a staunch believer in.

Don't get me wrong I have little sympathy for this government, but this really is a case of making mountains out of molehills.
Old 09 January 2007, 09:20 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Im far from being a Labour supporter, but doesnt she have a 'special needs' child living in an LEA area where they wont fund private schooling (many do where it is necessary)? Who in her position would not pay for this if the LEA wouldnt foot the bill, if they were able to? Conversely, what sort of person would allow their child to suffer to make a dubious political point? This isnt a case of a ministers son being sent to Harrow instead of the perfectly good local grammar school.....

Simon
according to the news, her area has 8 highly regarded special schools she could have chosen from.
I'll need a special secondary school for my daughter, who has learning disabilities far beyond dyslexia, and I'll have to uproot, leave my job and 2 businesses and all our friends behind, and move out of York, where there are no special schools left (one exception, but you need to be physically disabled as well). Therefore she'd have to go to state school and be taught by unqualified teachers, and be constantly bullied by other kids.

We don't have £15k for a public school, and most schools won't take on pupils who would bring their results down anyway. The joys of league tables.
Old 09 January 2007, 10:00 AM
catalunya199again
Scooby Regular

why is anyone surprised here, nl make a mockery of every policy they come up with and they think throwing millions of pounds at anything will solve all, look at the nhs, record spending but people getting fired and hospitals closing go do the maths oh you could if the schools taught you properly
Old 09 January 2007, 10:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

FFS

Have you lot not worked it out yet.

Here is the NL motto for those who do not know already

'NL - Do as i say - not as i do!'

This is just another example, does not matter how you spin it it, it still comes down to this!

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 January 2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09 January 2007, 10:16 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
FFS

Have you lot not worked it out yet.

Here is the NL motto for those who do not know already

'NL - Do as i say - not as i do!'

Just another example does not matter how you spin it it, it still comes down to this!

Blair Flies Into Holiday Climate Row - Yahoo! News UK

Yet another nl hpocrite, Mr tony Bliar wants to tax us out of the skies in a bid to cut global warming. Yet he refuses to cut down on his god knows how many long haul holidays a year
Old 09 January 2007, 10:22 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Blair Flies Into Holiday Climate Row - Yahoo! News UK

Yet another nl hpocrite, Mr tony Bliar wants to tax us out of the skies in a bid to cut global warming. Yet he refuses to cut down on his god knows how many long haul holidays a year

Just more proof - the man is a fool, a hypocrite and a liar, worse that that is that he just does not give a damn about the people he was voted in to serve as PM.

I detest the horrid little man, his nasty piece of work wife and what he and his **** poor choices of cabinate members have done to this country.

The only thing Blair has got right in 8+ years was handing over control interest rate changes to the Bank of England.

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 January 2007 at 10:25 AM.

Quick Reply: So another NL minister practicing what they preach.. not!!