Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

dogs and the law

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2006, 11:11 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dogs and the law

a few questions about dogs and their inconsiderate owners.

firstly i have just taken our 3 year old twins for a walk across a public footpath that crosses a field. we came across a doberman off it's lead, it's owners were a good 30 yards in front of the dog. it was not muzzled and it certainly was not on a lead (it had a beefy chain collar). it stared at us for a few seconds and then walked off after its owners, who were oblivious to the fact we were there. should it have been muzzled and on a lead?

secondly, dog ****, people assume because they are on a public footpath in a field it is ok to let their **** machines crap anywhere and everywhere and not pick it up. is this the case? (just spent the last 10 mins cleaning dog **** off of shoes and sterilising everything)
Old 27 December 2006, 11:25 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't let 'dog boy' see this - he doesn't like his best friend being slated in public like this

I don't see the point of the bloody things either . If people need an imaginary friend / companion, can't they go and buy a tamagotchi, which won't shi1t everywhere, cost a bundle to feed or mutilate children?
Old 27 December 2006, 11:27 AM
2000 sport
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does not need to be muzzled (although they should be taking more care, especially in a park where kids are)

there is nothing to make people clean up after there dog on a public footpath in the county, (to be fair horses, cows, sheep etc along with all the local wildlife will be ****ting there too.. )
Old 27 December 2006, 11:48 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your assuming because of the breed theres a chance it might attack ??

isn't that dogist

The dog **** is up to a £1000 fine if caught now and apparently its being enforced!

I always pick the dogs **** up !
Old 27 December 2006, 12:32 PM
Curse of the Rushing Gimp
Scooby Regular

it stared at us for a few seconds and then walked off after its owners, who were oblivious to the fact we were there. should it have been muzzled and on a lead?
I sometimes wonder what sort of stupid people right this stuff? The dog did absolutely nothing to you or your family except look at you and your suggesting it be muzzled???? Apart from sonic's paranoid camera thread a few days back this has to be another contender for STUPID POST OF THE YEAR. I'd edit this if i were you coz u really sound a complete tw*t.
Old 27 December 2006, 12:40 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2000 sport
there is nothing to make people clean up after there dog on a public footpath in the county, (to be fair horses, cows, sheep etc along with all the local wildlife will be ****ting there too.. )
A fair point although personally I'd be more concerned with the toxicity of dog droppings (assuming that the majority are fed on tinned, artificially enhanced, animal-based food) over the toxicity of horses and cattle which are usually fed on more organic/natural vegetable-based grub like hay, grass and vegetable pellets.

That said - horse droppings on the road are a pet hate of mine which doesn't bode well considering where I live! Still - the horses were here first I guess - I'll just have to try to drive round those as well as all the potholes!
Old 27 December 2006, 12:47 PM
RB5SCOTT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2000 sport
(to be fair horses, cows, sheep etc along with all the local wildlife will be ****ting there too.. )
But horse's, cow's and sheep ain't consumed meat and other **** to have rotting in there stomach. Their **** is just mashed up grass.

I fcking hate dogs and all pets too,80 percent dog owners are as inconsiderate as their mutts. No matter how friendly a dog is, the person it runs up to barking and jumping don't know how friendly it is, epecially small children!!! Keep them on a lead!
Old 27 December 2006, 12:47 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Curse of the Rushing Gimp
I'd edit this if i were you coz u really sound a complete tw*t.
the **** is the guy hid behind his alias.
Old 27 December 2006, 12:51 PM
Scooby Regular

Honest i'm not hiding guv. i could of understood if the dog had of ran over to your family. Instead you are suggesting that everydog should be muzzled and kept on a lead when you are out and about incase it so much as looks at you.

Best thing for you and your family to do is walk around your living room, maybe even venture out into the garden but beware of those staring crows. Seen the 'birds'? lol .

Last edited by Curse of the Rushing Gimp; 27 December 2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 27 December 2006, 12:54 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Not really but i could of understood if the dog had of ran over to your family. Instead you are suggesting that everydog should be muzzled and kept on a lead when you are out and about incase it so much as looks at you.

Best thing for you and your family to do is walk around your living room lol .
at what point have i suggested all dogs should be muzzled?

i came across a doberman that was running around a field, it was not being controlled by its owers, i was concerned for the safety of my children. i raised 2 questions, should it have been on a lead and should it have been muzzled. both were legitimate questions.

we also came across numerous other breeds of dogs, all on leads and under the owners control.
Old 27 December 2006, 12:57 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Best thing for you and your family to do is walk around your living room, maybe even venture out into the garden but beware of those staring crows. Seen the 'birds'? lol .
best thing is for you to stop trolling using an alias.
Old 27 December 2006, 01:00 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

From the city perhaps?

The other day we went for a walk on a dog friendly beach with our then 3 month old black labrador puppy.

The beach had about 20 dogs on it all enjoying themselves as dogs do.
Our puppy approached a little girl of about 2-3 years. Her Mum went ape at us and told us to "keep our dog under control"

Now that poor girl is going to grow up terrified of dogs and her Mum was an uptight pain in the butt.

I got properly savaged by a dog (right cheek hanging off, looked like I had lost my eye, 3 years old) but have no fear whatsoever, in fact am a massive dog lover because my parents reacted in the right way.

So parents need to be more relaxed and maybe control their kids if walking in a dog playing area and all will be far more amiable.

As for dog cack - Yes, it should be cleared up, without question.
Old 27 December 2006, 01:01 PM
Scooby Regular

i came across a doberman that was running around a field, it was not being controlled by its owers, i was concerned for the safety of my children. i raised 2 questions, should it have been on a lead and should it have been muzzled. both were legitimate questions.

we also came across numerous other breeds of dogs, all on leads and under the owners control.
I thought dogs were meant to run around fields? its called exercise??? When i let my dog off the lead he generally runs around and enjoys his freedom. To suggest all owners keep their dogs on a lead in a field is BS. Perhaps you should take your kids to a leisure centre instead of writing this tripe. You come across as a whining woman rather than a man.

LOL keep these posts coming. Laughable
Old 27 December 2006, 01:06 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I went to a place called Walthamstow the other day.

Not only were eight skinny dogs OFF THE LEAD, they were also chasing an innocent young rabbit.

WHAT IF THAT HAD BEEN A CHILD?!!!
Old 27 December 2006, 01:11 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

I thought dogs were meant to run around fields? its called exercise??? When i let my dog off the lead he generally runs around and enjoys his freedom. To suggest all owners keep their dogs on a lead in a field is BS. Perhaps you should take your kids to a leisure centre instead of writing this tripe. You come across as a whining woman rather than a man.

LOL keep these posts coming. Laughable
no i suggest the owners are in control of the dog at all times particularly when dealing with the potentially more dangerous breeds. the owners in this case were not even aware of our presence.

what is laughable is how you are hiding behind your alias.
Old 27 December 2006, 01:13 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
I went to a place called Walthamstow the other day.

Not only were eight skinny dogs OFF THE LEAD, they were also chasing an innocent young rabbit.

WHAT IF THAT HAD BEEN A CHILD?!!!
A rabbit will out run a small child, I would not worry yourself.

What a ****e thread, once again people believe all they read in the papers.
Old 27 December 2006, 01:18 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5OLF
A rabbit will out run a small child, I would not worry yourself.

What a ****e thread, once again people believe all they read in the papers.
I do hate having to explain humour.

Walthamstow is where greyhound races take place.

I was being daft
Old 27 December 2006, 01:20 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
I do hate having to explain humour.

Walthamstow is where greyhound races take place.

I was being daft
Ah got it......I think
Old 27 December 2006, 01:21 PM
jonesy172
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
no i suggest the owners are in control of the dog at all times particularly when dealing with the potentially more dangerous breeds. the owners in this case were not even aware of our presence.

what is laughable is how you are hiding behind your alias.
Im in agreement with you im an avid mountain biker and the amount of idiot owners that i come accross who are not in control of their dogs and find it funny when their nice pet come running after me foaming at the mouth and trying to eat my leg. But what they dont find funny is when i belt said dog in the head with a nice studded cycling shoe.

I wouldnt think twice about defending myself or my family against a dog.
Old 27 December 2006, 01:26 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonesy172

The dog that almost took my eye out and left my face wide open was dispatched by my livid Dad.
Fair treatment I reckon.
Old 27 December 2006, 01:34 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?

Im in agreement with you im an avid mountain biker and the amount of idiot owners that i come accross who are not in control of their dogs and find it funny when their nice pet come running after me foaming at the mouth and trying to eat my leg. But what they dont find funny is when i belt said dog in the head with a nice studded cycling shoe.

I'm a dog owner and I hate cyclists Ill have to train him to do that

As for But what they dont find funny is when i belt said dog in the head with a nice studded cycling shoe.
As for that, if my dog was running past you and you kicked it.. Id boot you into the lake. (I walk my dog around a lake)

Must teach him to **** in the water so I dont have to clean it up!!

David
Old 27 December 2006, 01:35 PM
jonesy172
Scooby Regular

Ive also had my face biten before it wont happen again
Old 27 December 2006, 01:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I can see the posters point, a Doberman is a large and quite intimidating looking dog, usually they are the soppiest, daftest and most friendly dog you could wish for but I can see how to those who aren't dog minded it could be quite scary. Whatever the dog is, not everybody wants it bounding up to them, however friendly and well meaning it may be. Conversely, if you go out to a public place, people have dogs you will come across the odd one, you are more likely to by hurt by another human than a dog in the park, I never let J4cko's mate off his lead in public....

And as for Dog ****, no excuses, clean up after your dog. You get a dog, its output is your responsibility, you will have to bend down to pick up a huge steaming load on a clear crisp winter evening walk, its your dog so you have the pleasure of picking its turds up, not a kids feet, pram wheels etc. I really resent having to clean my kids shoes, I dont enjoy cleaning up the poo in our garden (too old and lazy for walkies now, the dog that is) but its my responsibility to keep the garden as clean as possible.
Old 27 December 2006, 01:39 PM
jonesy172
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David_Wallis
I'm a dog owner and I hate cyclists Ill have to train him to do that

As for that, if my dog was running past you and you kicked it.. Id boot you into the lake. (I walk my dog around a lake)

Must teach him to **** in the water so I dont have to clean it up!!

David

LOL i think you missed the point
Old 27 December 2006, 01:40 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjones
at what point have i suggested all dogs should be muzzled?

would you have been as concerned if it was a lab?

james
Old 27 December 2006, 01:45 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
would you have been as concerned if it was a lab?

james
no, we come across all sorts of dogs, it was just this was a breed with a bad reputation that has been in the news in teh area recently. i was concerned as whenm we first came across it we couldn't even see the owners and we were aobut 10 feet from the dog.

Warwickshire Police Media Portal - Child injured in dog attack at Claverdon

i have no axe to grind against dogs, just was asking a couple of simple questions.
Old 27 December 2006, 02:01 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Ok folks after reading some of this thread I had to respond seing as the Dog Warden is one of my team.

Firstly if you want the top of the pops in biting or attacks on Public then No 1 by a long way is the Border Collie. Labs and most terriers come well in front of Dobermans and German shepheds etc.

Secondly some dogs will hunt a prey species such as Rabbits, they doesnt mean they will attack Humans, thats just stupid.

Thirdly the Dogs Fouling of Land Act would not be an Issue in a field.

L:astly just because a dog is off its lead and having a charge arround a field "away from stock I hope?" is not unreasonable.

And yes I do own a dog, in fact I have a German shepherd!! Oh and a 4 Year old daughter.
Old 27 December 2006, 02:09 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I was attacked by a German Shepard Dog once, there was no aggression it just liked the look of my ten year old bum, dirty ******.

Bsaically if you have an aggressive or agressive looking dog, you need to think more about where you let it off the lead.

You would have to be very unlucky to be mauled by ours, shes blind and deaf so you would have to smear yourself in gravy and be patient, her turds are still lethal though.
Old 27 December 2006, 03:26 PM
Scooby Regular

The dog was running around a field and enjoying himself. Geekman walks on with kids and thinks it should be on a muzzle and lead . IT DID NOTHING TO YOU SO ITS AN END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sir i think you have the issue not the dog. lol u plank

Bsaically if you have an aggressive or agressive looking dog, you need to think more about where you let it off the lead.
No sh*t sherlock. We all know that but this thick plank clearly doesn't know the difference.

Last edited by Curse of the Rushing Gimp; 27 December 2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 27 December 2006, 04:06 PM
jonesy172
Scooby Regular

Mr curse i think you win the award of keyboard warrior whats with all the hostilities?

Quick Reply: dogs and the law