Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Scrap the 'TRAVELTAX' petition.

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2006, 09:14 AM
redwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrap the 'TRAVELTAX' petition.

Today i recieved this from my boss .... Ive signed it, come on, it could affect us all.

Hi Everybody

After all the tv reports last week about 'traveltax' I was pleased to be sent this link about another one of Blair and Brown's stealth tax schemes to take our hard earned cash....apologies if you have already seen this or regard it as spam but we Brits rarely get out on the streets in protest to whatever the government of the day throws at us so this is a small place to start.

Sign and pass it on. it only takes a minute.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.
The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.
A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.
On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been
going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.
If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website, just click on this link and fill in the short form to register your vote- you will get an email back immediately, to confirm your vote click on that llink and you are done in less than a minute....

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy.
Old 22 December 2006, 12:00 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Mind the lake
Old 22 December 2006, 12:03 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

This might be silly question but have 'any' of these anti-tax petitions had any real world success as yet ?
Old 22 December 2006, 12:10 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lightning101
This might be silly question but have 'any' of these anti-tax petitions had any real world success as yet ?
Unknown, but parking a couple of trucks in front of the main UK fuel depots had a much more profound impact
Old 22 December 2006, 12:21 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I am beginning to think there's no way we can wriggle out of this one anyway. Even if we vote Labour out at the next election, whoever gets in will carry it on due to the ££££s of income it could generate.

Buying and registering a car abroad will become the easiest way of avoidance, but no doubt they'll find a way to get around that too.

Funny thing is when I speak to "normal" people, i.e. those who are not into cars, they seem to think it's a good idea until I point out everything negative about it! These are the majority - we should be worried!