Holiday Greetings to everyone from a land down under

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2006, 12:28 PM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holiday Greetings to everyone from a land down under

Holiday Greetings to Everyone
I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends, colleagues and fellow SNetters, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on his advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, nonaddictive, gender neutral celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted Gregorian calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that Australia* is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:
This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

*Not had the op yet Still English and proud of it
Old 22 December 2006, 12:35 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markr1963
Holiday Greetings to Everyone
I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends, colleagues and fellow SNetters, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone.
Easy. Merry Christmas everyone.

Anyone offended by that can just fcukoff
Old 22 December 2006, 12:38 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Old 22 December 2006, 12:40 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by stilover
Easy. Merry Christmas everyone.