Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

cought speeding question

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2006, 05:28 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cought speeding question

just got flashed by a roadside van with the camera on a trypod set up at the side of the road i was doing 36 in a 30 zone first of all i was traveling towards the camera had my window open and was looking at the fecka when it went off(so they,l deffo have a clear pic of my boat race as it was on the opposit side of the road) will they use the picture when proscesing my case (if not my missis can take the points) and do you get banned when you reach 12 points or when you go over 12 (i currently have 6)and if i get banned how long for thanks for any sensible advice
Old 27 November 2006, 05:30 PM
bobthebodger
Scooby Regular

6 mph over....ffs get a life.
Old 27 November 2006, 05:32 PM
bobthebodger
Scooby Regular

Im sure when you hit 12 points its instant unless you travel to work in a car and its far or sumut.
Old 27 November 2006, 05:37 PM
bobthebodger
Scooby Regular

Hmmm looks like there cracking down!!!

The Daily Mail -Zero Tolerance
Old 27 November 2006, 05:38 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

im self employed and cannot do without a driving licence as i own a garage im usualy expected to do a bit of driving
Old 27 November 2006, 05:43 PM
bobthebodger
Scooby Regular

Your case will prob be an exception then.....then again they might say "catch a fookin train or bus yer lazy cont" lol.
Old 27 November 2006, 05:44 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL first rule of defending yourself against speeding allegations...don't go and admit to speeding on a public forum.

On a more practical note, I'd expect you'll get 3 points and a small fine which will put you on 9 points, unless you defend against it, which could be tricky seeing as you already knowingly admit the offence and not only that admit that you're willing to pervert the course of justice by letting someone else take your points if possible. One more conviction after this one and you're off the road, unless you can plead hardship from a ban. Problem is, most people rely on their car in some way or another nowadays and it doesn't stop them getting a ban.

IMHO having been through plenty of speeding allegations before, is just agree to this one unless you have plenty of evidence to disprove the accuracy of the speed measurement.
Old 27 November 2006, 05:45 PM
bobthebodger
Scooby Regular

Did you read that btw ?

Bob
Old 27 November 2006, 05:49 PM
terence
Scooby Regular

im from your area m8, and when I was caught not paying attention i think you were ok up to 56mph in the 50 zone i was done....

where abouts were you flashed?
Old 27 November 2006, 05:50 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

sorry not 6 points iv got 2 sp30,s and 1 sp60 just checked my licence so thats 9 looks like im out for a while
Old 27 November 2006, 05:52 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

terry i was in billingham they,l have probably got about 50 or so people today (its a busy going home route from the ici)

Last edited by struv; 27 November 2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 27 November 2006, 06:01 PM
terence
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that m8... you never know you could be lucky!

they really seem to be cracking down lately around the teesside area, its gone from seeing the odd mobile unit, to a few quite regularly
Old 27 November 2006, 06:23 PM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by struv
sorry not 6 points iv got 2 sp30,s and 1 sp60 just checked my licence so thats 9 looks like im out for a while
When you get your NIP elect to go to court and claim exceptional hardship if you loose your licence. you may get a sympathietic bench and if you can prove that you would suffer real financial hardship or loose your job etc then you may get a reprieve and left with 12 points, you can only use this once though!
Old 27 November 2006, 06:26 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

If you wife/misses doesn;t mind taking the points. You can send the nip back with her name and address on it. They'll send a new one through to her and she can take the points if thats what you want to do. It will be 3 points and 60 quid. They'll only start checking photos etc if you argue it.
Old 27 November 2006, 06:27 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice

go hear, fill in the NIP wizard and follow the advice mate

thats the best advice you will get,
Old 27 November 2006, 07:09 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by rossi_classicwrx
If you wife/misses doesn;t mind taking the points. You can send the nip back with her name and address on it. They'll send a new one through to her and she can take the points if thats what you want to do. It will be 3 points and 60 quid. They'll only start checking photos etc if you argue it.
Risky proposal, perverting the course of justice, usually carries a custodial sentance. I hope you like prison food and big bubba in the showers .

Fight it, get over to PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and read up on the 'pace witness statement'

Andy
Old 27 November 2006, 07:14 PM
struv
Scooby Regular

thanks for the advice (to those who wernt just taking the ****)i have looked on that pepipoo site and am going to wait until the nip arrives and use the pace statement
Old 27 November 2006, 07:47 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rallying1
When you get your NIP elect to go to court and claim exceptional hardship if you loose your licence. you may get a sympathietic bench and if you can prove that you would suffer real financial hardship or loose your job etc then you may get a reprieve and left with 12 points, you can only use this once though!
If he's got 9 points, they won't offer the standard 3 points and Fixed penilty fine, it's streight to court.

It's going to be a tense 14 days
Old 27 November 2006, 07:56 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

they will still serve him with the NIP no matter how many points he has.

The NIP basicly confirms driver details.

just so you know, they have to serve the NIP within the 14 days from midnight on the day in question. It is acceptable for it to arrive a few days after this, so long as the date is correct.

If it arrives, dont post on here again mate, follow the link and take it from there.
Old 27 November 2006, 08:00 PM
Maddog
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure you'll get fined at all.
It would be a sad day if they would fine you for a couple of mph over the speed limit and i say that cause i'd be surprised if you were actually doing a genuine 36mph, since the majority of cars i've driven tend to over-read anyway.

If you were genuinely doing 36mph and not slowing down (cause you **** yourself when the flash went off! ) and seen 36mph on your speedo, then, i'd be surprised that an NIP would come through the letterbox.

Plus, another reason for thinking it wasn't aimed at you is because the flash went off in front of you. Think about it..

Last edited by Maddog; 27 November 2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 27 November 2006, 08:44 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

On a more positive note, are you sure it wasn't a car on the opposite side of the road being flashed. Yes, I know the Truvelo type camera can get you coming towards it, but I'm pretty sure the camera has to be facing you on your side of the road. If it was a mobile type with a flash I would have thought it would be dangerous to flash directly at you so might be worth finding out what sort of cameras they use in your area, hopefully rear facing. You might be OK!!
Old 27 November 2006, 08:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Billingham ..... thats where my gran used to live - spent many hours as a lad down by the beck at Billingham bottom!

Doesn't help you ... just reminded me of long ago days in the 1930's - my grandad ran the Co-Op in the main street ....

You will need to slow down!
Old 27 November 2006, 09:21 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mgcvk
On a more positive note, are you sure it wasn't a car on the opposite side of the road being flashed. Yes, I know the Truvelo type camera can get you coming towards it, but I'm pretty sure the camera has to be facing you on your side of the road. If it was a mobile type with a flash I would have thought it would be dangerous to flash directly at you so might be worth finding out what sort of cameras they use in your area, hopefully rear facing. You might be OK!!
Good point.

As for your missus taking the points, why not. "Pervert the course of justice" i dont think so, for such a minor offence. And if you did put the missus details on the NIP so what, she drove the car that day on that road around that time aswell as you, didnt she! "Yes your worships" We all make mistakes.
Old 27 November 2006, 09:41 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
. "Pervert the course of justice" i dont think so, for such a minor offence.
Erm, it's still perverting the course of justice mate, not a good idea to be admitting to it on a public forum, or to take advice to do it from people who haven't got a clue about the potential consequences
Old 27 November 2006, 10:11 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SteveScooby
Erm, it's still perverting the course of justice mate, not a good idea to be admitting to it on a public forum, or to take advice to do it from people who haven't got a clue about the potential consequences
Its not a good idea to be asking advice on a public forum either but if the poster chooses to take advice then thats down to him.

And as for "or to take advice from people.....blah, blah, blah" you would be suprised
Old 28 November 2006, 12:35 AM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

I know plenty of judges that are regulars on scoobynet.
Old 28 November 2006, 01:01 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by struv
thanks for the advice (to those who wernt just taking the ****)i have looked on that pepipoo site and am going to wait until the nip arrives and use the pace statement

Just remember, if you goto court and fight your corner and lose they can add on an extra point on so you get 4 instead of 3 and increase the fine
Old 28 November 2006, 01:44 AM
Andygreer
Scooby Regular

i think i was flashed at the road side in Newcastle Friday in my lendy punto ill be gutted if i was
Old 28 November 2006, 08:46 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Dazza01
Just remember, if you goto court and fight your corner and lose they can add on an extra point on so you get 4 instead of 3 and increase the fine
He's facing a ban either way( already on 9 points), so there is no other option other than fight the allegation
Old 28 November 2006, 09:03 AM
rallying1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
If he's got 9 points, they won't offer the standard 3 points and Fixed penilty fine, it's streight to court.

It's going to be a tense 14 days
Sorry your right, bit embarrasing seeing as Im a .................. you got PM

Quick Reply: cought speeding question