Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Road Rage Incident

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2006, 10:11 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Rage Incident

Okay, sorry in advance for the long post.

So it was a normal evening, I was driving home from Tesco after a last minute rush out to get some peppers, mushrooms etc

I'm in the right hand lane coming onto a roundabout as I'm taking the 3rd exit, just signalling left to take the exit when a 54 plate Merc C180 nearly took the front end of my car off (I now drive a nice shiny new A4 1.9 TDI), I did the usual beeping of the horn to show my anger at said move and that was it.
The Merc carries on in front of me down through the lights, I can see there are 4 people in, the 2 guys in the back keep turning round to look at me, I didn't really think anything of it to be honest.

Got to the next set of lights, 2 lanes, I go to the right lane as I'm turning right to go home, the Merc stays in the left lane and I pull alongside him, straight away I clock the car has 4 asian youths in, age probably 18-22, the driver starts screaming at me to put my window down, I just turned away and thought it best to ignore them and wait for the lights to turn green.

Suddenly the front passenger jumps out, quickly followed by the driver side rear passenger, the guy from the front seat is motioning me to get out the car so he can 'f**k me up', I just ignored him and he proceeded to kick my passenger side wing mirror, which smashed, followed by a big foot to my passenger door - I couldn't beleive it was happening, they then got back in the car as if nothing had happened.

I made a decision to wait for him to drive off and I'd make a note of his registration number, he wouldn't move, he just sat there beeping his horn continously and laughing, what would you have done??

They just sat there motioning me to get out of my car, in the end I drove off and just made sure they didn't follow me.

What's up with the world today, they cut me up and then start smashing my car up.

Went to Audi today and it'll cost approx £400 to repair, could have been worse I suppose. As my insurance excess is £250 I'll just pay for the repairs myself.

But the thing that plays on my mind, the guy kicking my car was a little ****** and probably never weighed more than 10 stone, I'd have loved to have got out and give him a good hiding, but I'm married with an 18 month old son and another baby due in January, it's just not worth it when you read the horror stories in the papers. They could have been armed with knives, guns, bats or anything, all I had was a packet of red, green and orange peppers and some sliced mushrooms.

I hate to say it but from now on I'm just going to ignore anyone who cuts me up etc as it's not worth it.
Old 18 November 2006, 10:17 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

what a set of complete and utter f*ckwits. Carry some pepper spray and next time spray the *******s.
Old 18 November 2006, 10:21 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

sounds like you were outnumbered and did the right thing

did you report them to the police
Old 18 November 2006, 10:22 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

As I didn't get the registration number I decided aganst contacting the police.

I'll pay for the repairs, be grateful I'm okay and put it down to experience.

Old 18 November 2006, 10:23 PM
wrx_yank
Scooby Regular

in america... weve got guns for that... sorry to hear though....
Old 18 November 2006, 10:32 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could not leave it like you are about to ...... if I didn't deal with it there and then (and you are right they may have had guns/knives) I would report it to the Police.

I have a knife I use for fishing and other outdoor activities, it's also useful for cutting scroates bollox off I should imagine!! It sometimes gets left in the car and falls under my seat.
Old 18 November 2006, 10:34 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hanley
As I didn't get the registration number I decided aganst contacting the police.

I'll pay for the repairs, be grateful I'm okay and put it down to experience.

Is there any cctv in the area? If so they might have passed a camera and caught the reg number.
Old 18 November 2006, 10:42 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You did the right thing under the circumstances. At least you weren't physically hurt by these idiots which would have happened if you had risen to the bait and got out of your car.

They'll get their comeuppance and hopefully you'll see it in the papers and get to enjoy it when it happens.
Old 18 November 2006, 10:44 PM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

Really bad luck to you

I thought I had it rough this week cos some idiot smashed my wing mirror, left with no sight nor sign, cost for me is £299, but at least I didn't have to cope with the idiots who confronted you
Old 18 November 2006, 10:49 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

FFS sake report that to the Police!! You got some of the number plate (54) and make and model.

When asians get hold of a fairly nice car they often seem to just drive around and around with a car load of them, so chances are the Police might have a good chance of finding them and giving them a good kicking for you

Report it!!!
Old 18 November 2006, 11:10 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

How horrendous As long as you are ok. You should report it to the police tho'
Old 18 November 2006, 11:14 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by wrx_yank
in america... weve got guns for that... sorry to hear though....
FFS - please tell me you don't actually mean that?
Old 18 November 2006, 11:26 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

atleast your ok thats the main thing you could of been seriously hurt it might be a good idea to report it to the police as they could be doing it to other people and they are too scared or cant be arsed to do it. a lovely can of de-icer to the eyes would hurt and it is cold out there

no offence to all asians but they should go back to their own ****ing country how would they like it if we did that in their country!
Old 18 November 2006, 11:38 PM
MJB2
Scooby Regular

Glad you are ok and hate to say it but you did the right thing.
I am now trying to avoid using my horn and middle finger lol. A taxi cut me up last week so i beeped my horn to say erm wtf are you doing. Thought he was going to get out and kill me. Some fruit cakes about!
Old 18 November 2006, 11:39 PM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

had a similar thing happen about a year ago now (car being kicked in), wasn't road rage though they just wanted a lift.

about 5 of em standing in the road, so I stopped, some guy muttering he will give me £10 for a lift. As me car was full with computer stuff there was no way i was going to let them in. Tried to explain to them and they couldnt of got in anyways due to the stuff in my car but they were drunk so it was pretty pointless, couldn't drive off because one was in front of the car. After a few minutes he got out of the way but as i droove off he put the boot in the side of my car, would of loved to have turned around and ran him over.
Old 18 November 2006, 11:39 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

The horn and lights are for warning people you are there, NOT for displaying anger, the UK leads the world with this method of communication.

You did nothing wrong, but it's not worth getting involved when no one crashed or suffered damage, far to many violent, unhinged idiots on the road.
Old 18 November 2006, 11:41 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephb1986
atleast your ok thats the main thing you could of been seriously hurt it might be a good idea to report it to the police as they could be doing it to other people and they are too scared or cant be arsed to do it. a lovely can of de-icer to the eyes would hurt and it is cold out there

no offence to all asians but they should go back to their own ****ing country how would they like it if we did that in their country!
Totaly agree
Old 18 November 2006, 11:46 PM
scooberuni
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Some bloke thought I was a taxi!?
I didn't stop, but as I drove past he booted my car. and then proceeded to have a row with his girlfriend.
I was a bit knarked off so I drove back where he was.
I then saw him being loaded into a cop van. result!
Old 18 November 2006, 11:47 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

I was going over tower bridge the other week around midnight. There is now a 20mph average speed camera across the bridge. I was sat at the lights, pulled away to beat a white tranny van (not much effort, obviously) slowed to 20 for the cameras and this tool in the van comes up 1 inch from my rear with full beam, flashing, swerving etc. Then to my shock he actually overtakes me on tower bridge!!! And then slams his brakes on and stops completely.

I locked my door and decided there and then if he got out to come at me, I was going to drive at him, I then went to pass him back as he was literally blocking the road, and he swerved to stop me passing.

He then drove off as if nothing had happened.

I actually felt physically sick with adrenaline, a mix of pure anger, with a little fear and excitement thrown in.
Old 18 November 2006, 11:56 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

There all hard when in a group but on their own there just total and utter w@nkers

Mind you if you'd have hit one you would probably get done for a racist assault
Old 18 November 2006, 11:57 PM
scooberuni
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah, people tell you to keep calm and not react but sometimes you're so pumped-up you just want to grab your steering lock, get out and give someone a good pummelling! grrrr!
Old 18 November 2006, 11:58 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

last week i was driving up a road 2 lanes with traffic lights one left and straight on and the other right and straight on which merge on the other side i took the right even though i was going straight on i had 1 van 1 car and a driving instructor infront of me the lights go green and the van and car turn right me and the driving instructor started going straight on next minute he slammed on in the middle of the road as the lights for the road that went across turned green so i would of been hit to let a car from the other side that wanted to go across us across! so i went round im and sped of he came up behind me flashing his lights and making gestures so i flicked my window down and stuck two fingers out and took off never to be seen again you would think that a driving instructor would know better not to do that! the *****
Old 18 November 2006, 11:58 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

As we now hear, were are the MOST CC TV'D country in the world.
If I was you, I'd consider it my civic duty to report these sub-humans to the police. You never know - There may be video evidence of the attack. I'd pay good money to see these ar5eholes dragged out of bed at their parents houses and up before the courts.

Were the mushrooms ****ake ?
Old 19 November 2006, 01:13 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I carry a brick in passenger well for that use. Launch it thru their ****in window
Old 19 November 2006, 01:50 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:
"The horn and lights are for warning people you are there, NOT for displaying anger, the UK leads the world with this method of communication."

I can only assume you don't leave this country too often if you think that British drivers use their horns more than any other country?
Old 19 November 2006, 02:18 AM
Topbombingkid
Scooby Regular

I have to say i could'nt have just sat there i would have got out but im not a little guy lol 4 on 1 i would have got a kicking but i would have done some damage to them in the process and there motor.

But reading bout how a lot of people end up dead in this situation u did the right thing bud, at least ur still hear for your wife and kids could have been a lot worse.
Old 19 November 2006, 02:58 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

4 against 1? you did the right thing
Oh and i'm with you on the brick, but half is better than whole, same destructive power, but easier to handle.
astraboy.
Old 19 November 2006, 03:23 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Last time some hard looking fcukwit jump in front of one of my cars, trying to nick the stereo I DID run him over !!
Had a nice dent in the front corner of my wing but hey ho.
Never got any more trouble after that.

Although I did get caught with my passenger door unlocked one eveing in town talking to my mates and I heard the door go to turn round and find a knife in my face.. I drove him where he wanted to go, he got out and I left the **** there sharpish..
no comeback from that either thankfully. In hindsight, wish I'd mown that **** over too..

Andy
Old 19 November 2006, 03:27 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

you were sat in the most powerful and destructive weapon you had on you, if they wer out of their car I'd have made dam sure I squeezed the door kicker in between his and your car.. see if he can kick it with no legs.

Scummy Fcukwits.

Andy
Old 19 November 2006, 03:29 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Fuzz
you were sat in the most powerful and destructive weapon you had on you, if they wer out of their car I'd have made dam sure I squeezed the door kicker in between his and your car.. see if he can kick it with no legs.

Scummy Fcukwits.

Andy
Correction - Scummy "Asian" Fuckwits

Quick Reply: Road Rage Incident