Fat-Loss / Thermobol etc

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2006, 09:33 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fat-Loss / Thermobol etc

Hi Guys,

have seen loads of diet/gym related threads on here but wanted to find out something about what I can use in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise to strip away the fat.

Came across Thermobol on the Maximuscle site and am currently taking Promax Diet.

Can any of you guys recommend anything?

cheers
Old 14 November 2006, 09:48 PM
Laura W
Scooby Regular

Not recommending it but apparently safe if you dont have heart probs, "EPH-25". If you go on body building forums it will tell you about it in detail.

Its aspirin, ephedra and summat else, burns fat, speeds metabolism, culls apetite but not to be taken WHILST doing aerobic excercise. Apparently causes cramp if you dont drink enough. (apparently big up north with teenage girls!!!)

Just a thought....
Old 14 November 2006, 09:49 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Don't rely on supplementation for fat loss. Healthy diet coupled with lots of cardio is the answer.
Old 14 November 2006, 09:50 PM
nufc1892
Scooby Regular

Cut out the pies,Captain flubber.
Old 14 November 2006, 10:02 PM
Laura W
Scooby Regular

I heard that your body sets its metabolism when you get up so its best to exercise early on?

also "eating fruit in the morning helps you digest your food more efficiently during the day. Some fruits such as pineapple, papaya, grapefruit and watermelon have special digestive enzymes that work double time to help you digest food quickly."

and my favourite bit...
"Certain spices such as curry and chili peppers speed up your metabolism. Studies show that you can burn up to 25 % more calories by literally adding more spice to your life !"
Old 14 November 2006, 10:36 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

I do subscribe to the "eating fruit in the morning" theory. Almmost without fail on a weekday I will eat an apple before 9, it does tend to mean I don't get that low energy type feeling in the mornings, even if I'm seriously short on sleep.

I've also said this before on other threads, but if you're exercising with any specific goal in mind, get yourself a simple heart rate monitor, and pick your training zone accordingly. If you're trying to burn fat, work in your 60-70% heart rate zone, and keep going for at least 20 minutes a session, preferably double that (or more). Most people train too fast/hard to efficiently burn fat, unaware that they'd burn it better if they eased off a bit!
Old 14 November 2006, 11:00 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

True, but by excercising 3 or more times a week your metabolic rate will gradually increase.

This means that your body will be using more energy ie burning more fat all of the time ; you won't simply be burning fat as you work out, you'll be burning more than you did originally from day to day.
Old 14 November 2006, 11:05 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Absolutely. My best period of weight loss and fitness improvement came when I built up to using the rowing machine for 1/2 hour or so about 6 days a week. These days, I have too much else of a life to do that frequent, but still try and do stuff pretty regularly; I'm sure once you get into the habit it's easier to stay a decent weight and reasonably fit than it is to get there to start with.
Old 15 November 2006, 08:12 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Laura W
Not recommending it but apparently safe if you dont have heart probs, "EPH-25". If you go on body building forums it will tell you about it in detail.

Its aspirin, ephedra and summat else, burns fat, speeds metabolism, culls apetite but not to be taken WHILST doing aerobic excercise. Apparently causes cramp if you dont drink enough. (apparently big up north with teenage girls!!!)

Just a thought....

its ephidrene asprin and caffine your relating to to, commonly known as a ECA stack, i looked into this loads, can be done with pro plus do do chest eeze and asprin

tried it too but didnt really give it enough of a chance, did feel like id taken half a gramm of speed tho lol
Old 15 November 2006, 08:39 AM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apples24
its ephidrene asprin and caffine your relating to to, commonly known as a ECA stack, i looked into this loads, can be done with pro plus do do chest eeze and asprin

tried it too but didnt really give it enough of a chance, did feel like id taken half a gramm of speed tho lol
Did it affect your sleep?
Old 15 November 2006, 08:42 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

na because i took it first thing in the mornin, you will feel a bit of a rush for a week until your body gets used to it but from what i read about it (search for eca stack on google etc) it works quite well

do do chest eeze is the easiest way to get ephidrene, i looked into this too just incase of any side affects, i never went for a high dose either
Old 15 November 2006, 09:06 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

Try Thermolean - ECA stacks. Im currently on them. astronutrition.co.uk. Pure ephedrine is best though for those leg shaking highs, but finding real ephedrine is hard to do nowadays. Ephadra / ephedrine are different. MuscleTalk Bodybuilding Forum

Whats good about thermolean is that not only does your metabolism speed up, your appetite drops and your on a high.

Take these whilst on atkins, so only feed on protiens like salmon, chicken, tuna, take some multi-vit tablets aswell. Try to stick to clean foods, i.e. less fats / carbs.

Also, start jogging, boxing, cycling and other cadrio intensive excercises. You really want to go / get in to ketosis. (body burns fat for energy, not carbs ). Got to stop drinking, got to stop chocolate though.

Anyway, Ive been doing this for 6/7 weeks, did atikins for 3 weeks on, 1 week off. Dropped 2/3 stones. Im just over 6 ft but have been in a really long hour contract, lots of eating out, drinking. Fatten up to a good old size, and decided to get rid of the fat.

Im not recommending this diet, as its drastic, your moods go bad, wont even tell you about the road rage you suffer from, or bad breath. Your body is awash with testestrone and your one voilent phucker, but you learnt to control it.

Ive got one more stone to drop, its lovely running again and getting back into boxing. What is great is that all your clothes fit, hang off you as the atkins diet seems to target your belly, **** and legs area.

To loose weight properly though, well, educate yourself on proper eating, and healthly lifestyle.

SBK

Last edited by sbk1972; 15 November 2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old 15 November 2006, 11:32 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Eat less!

Les
Old 15 November 2006, 11:35 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

my g/f has been loosing 2 pounds every single week by eating properlly and doing a bit of work in the gym

over 1 stone now
Old 15 November 2006, 11:58 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
my g/f has been loosing 2 pounds every single week by eating properlly and doing a bit of work in the gym

over 1 stone now
She'll dump you soon
Old 15 November 2006, 12:32 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

hopefully
Old 15 November 2006, 12:40 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hades
Absolutely. My best period of weight loss and fitness improvement came when I built up to using the rowing machine for 1/2 hour or so about 6 days a week. These days, I have too much else of a life to do that frequent, but still try and do stuff pretty regularly; I'm sure once you get into the habit it's easier to stay a decent weight and reasonably fit than it is to get there to start with.
Yep. Have had 4 months doing exercise only once a week (new job). The previous 10 years did something 2 or 3 times a week.

This week started doing 5k runs at the gym again ; will do 3x a week. I feel better already ! Still, not ready for the dreaded rowing machine yet ! What times and distances are you doing on the rower Hades ?

Andy Mc
Old 15 November 2006, 01:26 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

HI - checked out Thermalean from AstroNutrition.co.uk and seems like good stuff but bit worried about the side-effects. Not got heart conditions but things like Euphoria, stress, headaches, shaking hands etc!!

Tempted to order it but will it still be worthwhile if I'm also trying to bulk up? Ideally I want to reduce my body fat % but don't want to lose any muscle mass which I'm taking protein powder to help me with.

keep the help coming guys - particularly if you've experience with the ECA stack or the other weight loss supplements

cheers
Old 15 November 2006, 03:05 PM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

bulk up / reduce weight isnt easy. Go onto muscletalk and find out. ECA's / thermolean helps cutting, the stripping of body fat. To bulk, you need to change your diet / training and bulk up.

What I do, as I dont want to loose muscle tissue, is to cut, using thermolean, but still train, eating the right foods / good fats / proteins etc.

if me, I would go onto muscletalk, use the search and learn up about what you want to do. Side effects of thermolean arent as bad as you think. The orginal stackers were the big boys on the block. The amount of ephedrine in stackers 1 !!! Jesus H Christ ! :-) Also, it becomes addict, the side effects, I love them. You get so much engery in you, and when jogging you really notice it and your training.

I'll tell you what the guys in my gym tell me. "Suck it up you woman ! " :-) Try it, if you dont like, get rid of the pills. Worked for me.

Best of luck though matey.

SBK
Old 15 November 2006, 08:00 PM
Laura W
Scooby Regular

a friend of mine lost 8 stone with eph taking it daily not sure i'd wanna do that myself but she looks good!!! eph25 is caffeine, aspirin, ephedrine..? its available on the net and legal but it doesnt beat the long term solution of good diet and exercise. i dont go to the gym but i keep busy which means i dont have to also i find not eating after 7pm at night helps.
Old 15 November 2006, 08:08 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Yep. Have had 4 months doing exercise only once a week (new job). The previous 10 years did something 2 or 3 times a week.

This week started doing 5k runs at the gym again ; will do 3x a week. I feel better already ! Still, not ready for the dreaded rowing machine yet ! What times and distances are you doing on the rower Hades ?

Andy Mc
Times and distances on my rowing machine aren't comparable with Concept 2's etc, as the computer on mine is rather optimistic - e.g. last night iit said I did 15km in 32 minutes.
Old 15 November 2006, 09:04 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

sbk1972 - thanks for the info mate.

I have already changed my diet to take in more protein and start eating healthy stuff. Also joined the gym and have been doing 2 sessions per week but now upping this to 3 per week.

Couple of q's:

Is it really addictive?

Also - once I've achieved my desired weight and just want to proceed with normal diet and exercise can I just stop taking it or will this cause me to have withdrawal symptoms or pile the weight back on?

cheers again for all your help guys :-)
Old 15 November 2006, 10:34 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

you can use sudafed as well approx 3 sudafed equals 1 x 25mg ephidrene

ECA stack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 16 November 2006, 07:36 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

You dont get addicted to the pill, you just get to like the side effects. I certainly know when Ive popped 2 pills in the am. I cant stop talking, my legs are constantly bopping around and I seem to be working at 60 mph :-)

Training wise, I find that I have more urge / engery to run, train and get things done.

One thing I do notice, is that once the pill wears off, you can feel your self slow down and turn off. Its like your internal battery dies and you slow down :-)

Its best not to take these things after 2/3pm, as it does prevent you from sleeping too well, well for me anyway.

If you use these pills, they dont burn weight, so to speak. They just remove ur appetite, and give u tons of engery to do things. So, you use that engery to work out and burn additional calories. Adding this to the atkins diet, where your trying to get your body to burn fat for engery, you can loose considerable weight.

But, once down to your ideal weight, stopping pills, training and going back to eating like a ponce, means you will soon put the weight back on. For one thing, your body will bulk up again due to the shock of the sudden dieting. The good thing with atkins is that you suddenly become aware of how many cals / carbs are in things. So, for me, I tend not to eat breads, pastas, or food heavy in carbs, and stick to protien.

Too loose 8 stone, on ephedrine, well I doubt it was the pills that did that, but more the fact that it reduced her appetite and speed up her slow meta. rate. Also, once you start to see losses, you feel good and are encouraged. Therefore these things just help, assist you.

Best way to loose weight, is to train in the morning on an empty stomach, body is straved of sugars, and if training in a 60/70% heart rate zone, steadily, you should be burning fat. I used to get up at 5am, cross train for 30 mins and noticed I dropped weight very quickly.

If you buy these pills, take 2 at 9am, throw a couple of expresso's down u as well, and just see how your body starts to speed up ! :-) I love it. Infact, Ive just taken two pills now.

:-)

SBK
Old 16 November 2006, 09:08 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hades
Times and distances on my rowing machine aren't comparable with Concept 2's etc, as the computer on mine is rather optimistic - e.g. last night iit said I did 15km in 32 minutes.

5k takes me just over 19 mins on the Concept 2 and i thought that was pretty decent !
Old 16 November 2006, 05:55 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx

5k takes me just over 19 mins on the Concept 2 and i thought that was pretty decent !
As I said, the computer on mine is rather optimistic - you'd certainly slaughter your time on my machine. It's a while since I've been on a concept 2, but I'd guess these days I could keep the time per 500m reading on it somewhere in the 1 minute 40s (perhaps 17-18 minutes for 5k). I certainly wouldn't expect to get anywhere near the pace my machine claims I do!
Old 16 November 2006, 07:07 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by impreza_sports_nutter
Hi Guys,

have seen loads of diet/gym related threads on here but wanted to find out something about what I can use in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise to strip away the fat.

Came across Thermobol on the Maximuscle site and am currently taking Promax Diet.

Can any of you guys recommend anything?

cheers
Yup, go Vegetarian and eat an organic wholefood diet.
Me, I'm "mature", 5ft 9 1/2" tall and weigh 9 stones 7 pounds. Sometimes as low as 9 stones 4 pounds.
Use oils such as unfiltered first press olive, hemp and sunflower in moderation.
Lots of veg and fruit. Nuts and seeds, again not too much.
Protein in moderation.
I take no supplements.
Of course it might be my genes that help.