Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Starwars the new movie out already

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2001, 02:20 PM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well not entirely

SCI-FI fanatic David Nutley got so fed up waiting for the next Star Wars film he decided to make his own – and roped in his entire family to appear in it!

The amateur movie buff spent more than a year filming his 18-minute masterpiece Star Wars: The Dark Skies in his spare room and nearby woods for just £500.

Now he has splashed out a further £200 hiring his local cinema for a premiere screening next Wednesday.

for the movie download go here http://www.nutleys.com/darkskies/home.html

[Edited by Damaja - 11/23/2001 2:22:02 PM]
Old 24 November 2001, 01:36 AM
DazV
Scooby Regular

This quite amazing considering he's using a free renderer and adobe after effects!

-DV
Old 24 November 2001, 11:49 AM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Superb! Here's a post to one of the Star Wars web sites from Mr Nutley (guy who did the film) after the story was picked up by The Sun and GMTV

------------------------------------------------

Dark Skies on TV!
Thu, Nov 22, 01 03:15:17 PM EST

This story was brought to us by David Nutley, the director of Dark Skies! Here is the UK downloading a 75MB file is pretty hard, since most people have 56k modems. Becuase of this a lot of our friends haven't seen our film yet. So in a bold move Nikki decided we should hire a local cinema and show it for free to all of our friends.
Next Wednesday Dark Skies is showing at THE POINT in Eastleigh. This in itself was pretty cool, but it gets really strange from here on. The son of one of the people we sent an invitation to happens to be a journalist, and picked up on the story and 'interviewed' us on Monday. That story is appearing in a newspaper called 'The Sun' tomorrow (Friday) The Sun is a really tacky paper, but is also the most widely read paper in the UK, so that was pretty cool, but now it's got really insane.

Just like in the States we have 'Breakfast time TV' and ITV have a programme called GMTV, and suprise, suprise, they phoned today and asked if we could come in tomorrow to talk about the film, how we made it, and fanfilms in general. We have programme slots of 7.10 and 8.10 tomorrow morning, where we are going to make complete idiots of ourselves on primetime tv.

If anyone on the UK reads this, you might want to buy The Sun, or switch on the TV in the morning. This is an insane state of affairs, but I suppose it's something that doesn't come along every day.

Personally I'm feeling a little ill right now. Partly becuase I'm going to be on the telly, and partly becuase I've got to get up at 4.00 a.m. tomorrow morning...

David (DaftMaul) Nutley

--------------------------------------------------

[Edited by James Neill - 11/24/2001 12:02:03 PM]
Old 25 November 2001, 08:33 PM
Doogsy
Scooby Regular

Impressive stuff nearly as good as the real thing
Good preview of Episode 2 at http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/forbidden/forbiddenlove_md.html
Don't look like much blaster action mind
Doug
Old 26 November 2001, 10:30 AM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

The kids are rubbish! The rest of the short is wicked, well worth a look if you have the means to download 79mb file
Old 26 November 2001, 10:54 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Though it does raise some questions. Luke's old enough to remember his sister, Leia (she is old enough to remember him too). Yet all through episodes 4, 5 and much of 6 they don't find it coincidental that he has a sister called Leia and she has a brother called Luke.
Old 26 November 2001, 11:01 AM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

Bah, stop being a geek!
Old 26 November 2001, 11:18 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

That's me -- I saw the original three films all in their release week (despite the fact I was only 4 when the first one came out...)