Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Greener Tax Plans

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2006, 10:06 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greener Tax Plans

Is this just another way of hitting us in the pocket ?
Can globle warming be slowed or stopped ??

Hasnt the planet been getting hotter since the Ice age, or am i missing something ??
Old 29 October 2006, 10:11 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Can globle warming be slowed or stopped
No because its natural and not our doing (or at the very least our contribution is meaningless).

Is this just another way of hitting us in the pocket
Yes It follows the usual pattern. Tout an idea around for a few years to get some people on board. Increase the tempo a little until it becomes widely accepted and nobody questions is and then hit them where it hurts. My entire post will be picked appart with stats, facts, figures, opinions about global warming which have been spoon fed to us over the last 15 years for this very reason - i.e. so that other posters in this thread can take down anyone that dares to speak out and suggest global warming is not mad made and that we shouldn't be taxed for it.

If you think about it, they are very clever
Old 29 October 2006, 11:02 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

It's another easy excuse to tax the **** off of everyone. For what. Where is all the money going
Oh, and what will we all do about it. Nowt, we will just pay up as usual
Old 29 October 2006, 11:06 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wholeheartedly agree with the above, and thankfully it appears this train of thought is growing in popularity. The only thing as humans we need to do to protect the environment is stop breeding so much.
Old 29 October 2006, 11:15 PM
SlimJ_2005
Scooby Regular

The governments solution to every problem, TAX IT!!!

Taxing clearly doesnt work otherwise everyone would be out of there cars by now, given up smoking, no drinking etc...

The term 'Climate Change' is just there so the government can justify more taxes to pay for more wars that are likely to happen and Prescotts new Jag.
Old 29 October 2006, 11:18 PM
SlimJ_2005
Scooby Regular

And another thing, if the world leaders were so concerned about climate change they would have stopped rainforest deforestation and be investing in cleaner energy alternatives.

Why shouldnt every new build have, by law, some form of renewable power source such as a solar panel on the roof? Is it because the government would lose out on tax from the power companies and users... probably...
Old 29 October 2006, 11:35 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Why aren't blatant examples of the global economy taxed highly. We are perfectly capable of making extremely good butter, but the biggest selling brand on our supermarket shelves is made in New Zealand and shipped thousands of miles on monstrous refrigerated heavy diesel oil burning vessels. Surely if the carbon content was worked out it would be better to buy the perfectly good Yorkshire Butter made 32 miles away in the Settle Creamery. Similarly, why am I bombarded with New Zealand lamb, Brazilian beef and God knows what else that can easily be sourced locally at a much lower environmental cost. Global trade is every bit as profitable as bullsh!t taxation. At what point in a politicians career do they graduate from their humble local council beginnings, trying to serve their community into these lying two-faced ****-spouting pocket-lining back-slapping tw@ts that we seem only too happy to elect (in the absence of any credible alternative) ?
Old 29 October 2006, 11:44 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Tout an idea around for a few years to get some people on board. Increase the tempo a little until it becomes widely accepted and nobody questions is and then hit them where it hurts.

If you think about it, they are very clever
I agree completely with your sentiment. They have done this with so many things - speed cameras and high fuel taxation and more recently congestion charging, which is ever expanding and just another good source of revenue. Slowly introduce things that nobody wants supported by a heavy propaganda campaign but not real concern.

I don't think they are especially clever - they must just think we are very stupid, as we do after all, end up just accepting it.
Old 29 October 2006, 11:50 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Parking charges are to the environment what speed cameras are to safety.
Old 29 October 2006, 11:51 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Why aren't blatant examples of the global economy taxed highly. We are perfectly capable of making extremely good butter, but the biggest selling brand on our supermarket shelves is made in New Zealand and shipped thousands of miles on monstrous refrigerated heavy diesel oil burning vessels. Surely if the carbon content was worked out it would be better to buy the perfectly good Yorkshire Butter made 32 miles away in the Settle Creamery. Similarly, why am I bombarded with New Zealand lamb, Brazilian beef and God knows what else that can easily be sourced locally at a much lower environmental cost. Global trade is every bit as profitable as bullsh!t taxation. At what point in a politicians career do they graduate from their humble local council beginnings, trying to serve their community into these lying two-faced ****-spouting pocket-lining back-slapping tw@ts that we seem only too happy to elect (in the absence of any credible alternative) ?
Britain has turned into a Country of "oh well, let's just get on with it, there is nowt we can do about it" What ever happened to the Great. My Grandad would be turning in his grave
I tell you what, I really wish we could send all the s/net comments to this shower, they may then realise what an **** they have turned this Country into.
Old 29 October 2006, 11:58 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

speak ur mind-dont hold back to spare anyone's feelings

Old 29 October 2006, 11:59 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

i think point they turn is when they realise they can earn more money by being like that-and further their career faster
Old 30 October 2006, 12:12 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

To calm down I've just put "The Day After Tomorrow" on the Mac
Old 30 October 2006, 12:15 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

To calm down I've just put "The Day After Tomorrow" on the Mac
Don't It may give them an idea of an Ice tax. Winter is on it's way you know
Old 30 October 2006, 12:18 AM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

day i panic over is when they introduce a fart tax-i'll be penniless then
Old 30 October 2006, 12:22 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

God help the farmers then, farting cows already pollute 27 times more than Land Rovers
Old 30 October 2006, 07:08 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Youre all going to have to sell your gas guzzling Subaru's unless you want to pay crazy road tax prices. Its all Pug 107's an Toyota Aygos.

Pus the proposed change on fuel VAT, where as the price goes up so does the VAT but when oil prices drop the tax stays the same, until the next rise when it ratchets up again. David Milliband told Brown that no one will notice and it would net 4 Billion in revenue............
Old 30 October 2006, 07:29 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

It's the oldest tactic in the book - say something long enough and loud enough (i.e. speed kills) and regardless of the facts, people will believe it.

Hands up who didn't see the tax rises coming for global warming. It would be somewhat better if they gave you a discount from existing taxation, rather forcing people to pay more - but governments don't do that do they?
Old 30 October 2006, 10:06 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

It is funny how it only seems to be the UK effected by these higher tax rates and tax this tax that blah blah! Here is Germany we pay less tax on fuel, food, alcohol to name a few, we also have far more home grown produce in our shops, No NZ butter in our supermarket or NZ lamb or Brazilian beef etc.

I must admit our income tax is higher than yours but our road tax is significantly less.

You lot really do need to stage a coup or summat and sort this **** out.

Last time I came to England a few months ago I looked in teh duty free shop on the boat and the wine they were selling as duty free was still dearer than I pay for it in my local supermarket!!! and that is taxed!

perhaps if you are not happy with any of your parties you could do the sensible thing and start your own political party.

Just my 2p worth.
Old 30 October 2006, 10:19 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

This Stern 'report' is clearly just designed to justify the introduction of hefty new 'green taxes'.

The fact that Blair and Brown will be present and dancing a merry jig at the report's release is proof enough for me that the whole thing is a tissue of lies and deceits.

Quotes like this make me shudder:

"In the wake of the report, Chancellor Gordon Brown is to promise the UK will lead the international response to tackle climate change."

We are going to get screwed again by New Labour, no question.
Old 30 October 2006, 10:22 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
Pus the proposed change on fuel VAT, where as the price goes up so does the VAT but when oil prices drop the tax stays the same, until the next rise when it ratchets up again. David Milliband told Brown that no one will notice and it would net 4 Billion in revenue............
I saw that as well. That is a ******* outrage

******* Government. They can kiss my @rse.
Old 30 October 2006, 10:30 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck

"In the wake of the report, Chancellor Gordon Brown is to promise the UK will lead the international response to tackle climate change."

We are going to get screwed again by New Labour, no question.
Gordon Brown seams to want to heal the world.

******* **** head. Try sorting out problems within Britain first, ie. Homeless people, crime (Not Speeding), NHS waiting lists, influx of immigrants, etc, etc.

Stop scum from bleeding this country dry by getting every benefit available, while lying in bed all day earning £35k/year from the Tax payer.
Bring back National Service for those people out of work (who won't work).
Old 30 October 2006, 11:55 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes but they want to keep their vast bureaucracy because those are the ones who will vote for them.

Also they hope that all the immigrants will vote for them as well when they are qualified to do so. That did not happen of course when darling Harold let all the immigrants in from Uganda, they all voted Conservative!

Any problems with paying out the benefits to the cheats can be fixed with more stealth taxes as we see every day!

Les
Old 30 October 2006, 12:08 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

must admit, i am miffed about this new green tax malarky
Old 30 October 2006, 12:27 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Labour are about to milk this Green tax thing for all its worth....
It was on the radio this morning that GB is responsible for only 2% of the worlds c02 output, and that anything we do will have such a little effect, and the Government accept this. We are already officially the highest taxed Country in the Europe, 37.2 pence of every pound is taken by taxes.
A third of all c02 is produced by illegal burning of forests in South America and Indonesia, their Governments say that with help they can eliminate this, yet the developed world dont want to help them.

While I fully support the need to protect the Planet it would seem most experts say that the actions proposed by our Gov will have so little effect as to not be noticeable, it was stated this morning that they should concentrate on the areas where we can gain the most improvement. Why do you think other Countries are tackling other issues not just whacking up taxes.
Old 30 October 2006, 12:38 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

i feel articulate,so...

Blair...***

Brown..***

Cameron ...*** ***

Politicians ..****

Hob-***..nice biscuit,cleverer than all the above

Sick of politicians.
Old 30 October 2006, 12:42 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
I tell you what, I really wish we could send all the s/net comments to this shower, they may then realise what an **** they have turned this Country into.
They don't give a damn what we or anybody else thinks. Everything is going to plan as far as they are concerned.
Old 30 October 2006, 12:45 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

At least we have been pre warned so it gives us time to get vaseline ready before we all duly bend over........

Originally Posted by unclebuck
They don't give a damn what we or anybody else thinks. Everything is going to plan as far as they are concerned.
Old 30 October 2006, 01:29 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

Another good thread on this... Message boards

Quick Reply: Greener Tax Plans