Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police. A bunch of useless fcuks

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2006, 04:25 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police. A bunch of useless *****

Just found out this morning, that yesterday afternoon my sister was out walking her dog (on the lead) when it was attacked by a blokes dog. It then attacked my sister.
Now, this dog is a cross between a German Shepherd and something else. It's owners have no control over it, and it totally ignores them when off the lead. It tries to go for every dog it comes across, and it's owners don't seam to care.
So this middle aged man has his mutt running around yesterday (off the lead) when it decided to go for my sisters dog, a Staffie. As my sister tries to get between them, after it's taken a bite out of her dog, it goes for her, biting her hand. The bloke runs up and grabs his dog. Is very apologetic and assures her that from now on, he'll always muzzle it. He did make one comment though that annoyed me. He said my sister should have took her dog off the lead. In other word, so their dogs could fight. I went round to see my sister this afternoon, only to see the same bloody dog out for a walk without a muzzle on
It took all my strength not to go round his house and kick the **** out of him. I decided to go down to the local nick, and report what had happened.

What happened? Police didn't give a ****, that's what. They won't go round and talk to him for the simple reason that I was not a witness. Even though I said that it could have easily been a young child out walking their dog, or it could well be a child next time.
My sister is not wanting to make a statement because the guy promised her he would muzzle his dog. Even after I told her I'd just seen it out, un-muzzled, she still won't make a statement.

So if any of you have a family member attacked by a dog, don't bother going down the police station, as they won't want to know.

Hopefully my sister won't sleep at night, if it attacks and maims a child. Stupid b1tch

This just happens to be the same bloke who reported me to the Police for speeding through the Village (even though I wasn't) yet the Police were round my house within an hour. What a ******* country !! What a ******* fcuked up Police force !!!

Must admit, my sister is terrified of her dog meeting other dogs. She didn't help her dog one bit yesterday by pulling on the lead so much, that she handicapped him from defending/fighting back.
Old 14 October 2006, 04:38 PM
sociopath
BANNED

Shouldn't this thread be entitled 'My Sister - Stupid Bitch'?
Old 14 October 2006, 04:42 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

TBH i never ever go to the police for anything except when i have to IE: need a crime number or such.

complete ****wits 99% of the time, last time i was there soring a producer out, daft bint behind the counter gave me my docs back, walked back to the car and checked them and found loads of other peoples docs inside with mine
Old 14 October 2006, 04:43 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sociopath
Shouldn't this thread be entitled 'My Sister - Stupid Bitch'?

No, because the Police won't do anything about a dog attacking someone.

They should have gone round, said they'd had a report involving his dog attacking another dog and it's owner.
They won't. Why? because it will cost time and money
Old 14 October 2006, 04:44 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

best bet is to get some muslim headgear on, and run up and kill the dog
Old 14 October 2006, 04:45 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Seems your sister is more to blame than the cops.

If she won't make a report then what are they meant to do?

It also seems that your personal grudge against the owner seems to be your motivation.

Get over it.
Old 14 October 2006, 04:56 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
Seems your sister is more to blame than the cops.

If she won't make a report then what are they meant to do?

It also seems that your personal grudge against the owner seems to be your motivation.

Get over it.
I have no personal grudge with this bloke. He reported me for apparently speeding, which I wasn't, but the look and sound of the car made him think that I must be speeding. I don't care about that. He was pretty sad to report me, yes, but don't we all get looks of "Boy racer" because of the cars we drive. My point of me bringing that incident up was clearly to show that the Police care more about speeding drivers than they do about dogs attacking other dogs and people.
I went to report it, as it could have so easily been a young child out walking their dog. Even though my sister clearly doesn't give a ****, I do.
At least I tried to do something, rather than sitting back and doing nothing. If it had been any other dog, I'd have reported them too.
The guy has not trained his dog properly, and it attacks other dogs, and now humans. The guy needs a warning off the Police to either train his dog properly, or risk having it put down if it attacks again.
Old 14 October 2006, 05:01 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

To be fair, the dog did not "attack a person" per se....

The dog was in a fight with another dog, and a person with little or no regard for their own safety jumped in. Said person got bitten in the crossfire. This is not an instance of a dog attacking a human.
Old 14 October 2006, 05:03 PM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

I think you can report to the RSPCA an incident involving an unrestrained aggressive dog. They will investigate and owner can be fined, if he does not comply with the RSPCA order the Police will enforce an RSPCA order.
I think this can be done.
Old 14 October 2006, 05:06 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WHEELSHOP0_0
I think you can report to the RSPCA an incident involving an unrestrained aggressive dog. They will investigate and owner can be fined, if he does not comply with the RSPCA order the Police will enforce an RSPCA order.
I think this can be done.
Thanks for that. I never thought of the RSPCA. I'll give them a call, see what they say.

Cheers
Old 14 October 2006, 05:53 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
best bet is to get some muslim headgear on, and run up and kill the dog
Or put some Mulsim headgear on and then make the complaint in the police station, then they'll listen.
Old 14 October 2006, 06:25 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

the point is, she wont make a statement and you were not a witness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have said this yourself, therefore the police can do nothing anyway even if they wanted to!
Old 14 October 2006, 06:38 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
No, because the Police won't do anything about a dog attacking someone.

They should have gone round, said they'd had a report involving his dog attacking another dog and it's owner.
They won't. Why? because it will cost time and money
The fact is if your sister won't make any complaint/statement then you cannot blame the Police for taking no action, as you have no proof that anything actually took place, i.e your sister will not co operate.

I thinkyou need to have a quiet word with yourself, and try to see past your obvious Police bias, and realise your sisters lack of action is the reason the Police won't (or rather can't) do anything.
It's nothing to do with time and money.
Old 14 October 2006, 06:59 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

so two dogs have a scrap, woman sticks her hand in and gets bit but doesnt want to take it further.............womans brother wants a public enquiry and the police are the idiots?????
Old 14 October 2006, 07:00 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Hope the poster is sitting with his flame suit on.
Old 14 October 2006, 07:07 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Go back with your sister and quote the following:

Under S.3 of the 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act, if a dog is dangerously out of control in a public place, or in a private place in which it is not permitted to be, so that there are grounds for reasonable apprehension that it will injure any person, and whether or not it actually does so, then the owner, or person for the time being in charge of the dog, is guilty of a summary offence. That offence becomes an aggravated offence, and triable either way, if the dog does injure any person while out of control. Prosecutions for the aggravated offence should be reserved for instances where serious injury has been caused.

Your sister needs to be on-board with this as she is the aggrieved person and the only witness.
Old 14 October 2006, 07:14 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I always report any incident to the Police ....... Do you think they like crime figures etc rising ??, they try to talk you out of making a report because of this fact.

Always report to the Police, even if they do nothing (which is most of the time ) .
Old 14 October 2006, 08:10 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Snug Rhino
so two dogs have a scrap, woman sticks her hand in and gets bit but doesnt want to take it further.............womans brother wants a public enquiry and the police are the idiots?????
I do blame my sister for not making a statement. I went to the Police to at least do something. If I hadn't gone down, and the dog attacked another dog and it's owner (who happened to be in it's way) and I found out later that the Police could have done something without her statement, then I'd have felt pretty sh1tty about it.
When I came out of the Police station, yes I was angry at their lack of interest. With all the recent stories regarding dogs attacking people, I'd have thought they would have been more interested.

The person I blame the most though, is the dogs owner, who clearly has no interest in training his dog correctly. His attitude in saying that she should have let her dog off the lead (implying that they could fight each other) shows that this guy has no right owning a dog.

It is just a shame that the Police can't do anything, but I'm happy with my own actions in reporting it.

I'll be taking her dog out for walks for the next couple of weeks. If I come across him and his ******* flee bitten mutt, then the outcome will be a whole lot different.
Old 14 October 2006, 09:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Take a large heavy walking stick.

If his dog has a go, lay it out. Aim to kill it. Dogs that attack other dogs, or bite humans are a waste of space;mad:

Please: no bleeding heart replies about it being the owner's fault.

While you're "frightened" accidentally clout the owner across the knee with the stick, very hard. Apologise immediately. Make sutre he knows it was an accident

Alcazar
Old 14 October 2006, 09:16 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by alcazar
Take a large heavy walking stick.

If his dog has a go, lay it out. Aim to kill it. Dogs that attack other dogs, or bite humans are a waste of space;mad:

Please: no bleeding heart replies about it being the owner's fault.

While you're "frightened" accidentally clout the owner across the knee with the stick, very hard. Apologise immediately. Make sutre he knows it was an accident

Alcazar
Proves just how little you know about dogs.
Old 14 October 2006, 09:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Proves just how little you know about dogs.
Oh yeah? How so?

Alcazar
Old 14 October 2006, 09:43 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by alcazar
Oh yeah? How so?

Alcazar

If an animal acts on instinct it cannot be blamed. It is up to the owner to exercise responsibility. The dog does what comes naturally to it, you are advocating killing it for that? The viability of keeping such an animal as a pet is questionable but killing it for the reasons given is equally questionable.

Maz
Old 14 October 2006, 10:02 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

If an animal acts on instinct it cannot be blamed. It is up to the owner to exercise responsibility. The dog does what comes naturally to it, you are advocating killing it for that? The viability of keeping such an animal as a pet is questionable but killing it for the reasons given is equally questionable.

Maz
Oh right..........so loony dogs that attack others are OK, it's just the owner's fault for not stopping it?

Perhaps we ought to have put Peter Sutcliffe's mother and father in prison then, after all, he was just obeying an instinct?

Alcazar
Old 14 October 2006, 10:06 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Hopefully my sister won't sleep at night, if it attacks and maims a child. Stupid b1tch

I like your honesty
Old 14 October 2006, 10:15 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Try persuading your sister to report the matter to the correct body. Local authoriries now deal with incidents such as those you describe. Had you actually had any evidence then reported it to the police then they would only have passed it to them or as previously pointed out the RSPCA.
Old 14 October 2006, 10:32 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

If an animal acts on instinct it cannot be blamed.

no...but you can still kill it.
Old 14 October 2006, 11:13 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
Go back with your sister and quote the following:

Under S.3 of the 1991 Dangerous Dogs Act, if a dog is dangerously out of control in a public place, or in a private place in which it is not permitted to be, so that there are grounds for reasonable apprehension that it will injure any person, and whether or not it actually does so, then the owner, or person for the time being in charge of the dog, is guilty of a summary offence. That offence becomes an aggravated offence, and triable either way, if the dog does injure any person while out of control. Prosecutions for the aggravated offence should be reserved for instances where serious injury has been caused.

Your sister needs to be on-board with this as she is the aggrieved person and the only witness.
class, loads of people ripping into the bloke thinking they know it all, and somebody quotes some real rules that should get the job done

awesome
Old 15 October 2006, 12:05 AM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

Shame she didnt let her staffie have a go as she probably wouldnt of got bitten as the other dog would of legged it after 5 seconds!
staffies are hard as nails and very loyal, altho im not condoning dog fighting at all, all owners need to control their dogs especially if they are prone to random nipping sprees
Old 15 October 2006, 12:43 AM
sociopath
BANNED

Originally Posted by stilover
I'll be taking her dog out for walks for the next couple of weeks. If I come across him and his ******* flee bitten mutt, then the outcome will be a whole lot different.
What are you going to do? It's all very well mouthing off about it, but I want to know who is going to get it. Owner or hound? Or both?

If you're really lucky your gutless sister will refuse to give you a character reference in court!

Quick Reply: Police. A bunch of useless fcuks