Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nice way To Wake Up

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2006, 05:58 AM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice way To Wake Up

Went to the toilet at 2:00 this morning, then back to bed.

Just dozing off when I heard a noise or two (in hindsite it was my car unlocking). Looked out of the window to see 2 guys on my drive rolling my car away!

Went down stairs, and found the back door forced with some of our belongings also gone.

Worse thing is that it has upset the wife (a lot) and we found a knife (one of ours) that they had brought in to the living room with them.

Pretty annoyed

PS Car was an Audi A3 TDI not a scoob which I used to have and was never bothered.
Old 26 September 2006, 06:12 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Unlucky mate! What did the police say? I assume they got away with the car? Did you get a look at them?
Old 26 September 2006, 07:19 AM
eldudereno
Scooby Regular

Absolute scum !!!!!!

It's very easy to say this in hindsight but best not to leave any keys downstairs, mine are allways with me in my bedroom.

Hope your wife's ok.
Old 26 September 2006, 07:26 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

White males aged 18-15?
Old 26 September 2006, 08:11 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

PS Glad you are OK, could've been alot worse!

Originally Posted by eldudereno
It's very easy to say this in hindsight but best not to leave any keys downstairs, mine are allways with me in my bedroom.
And don't you think that they might just pop upstairs to say hello if they can't find the key's downstairs?

Safest thing is to put them on big feckin hooks in the kitchen...... with a note saying 'car keys take them and **** off'.........

Why invite them upstairs by taking the keys to bed?......
Old 26 September 2006, 08:14 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

I would have thought that most car thieves would have not risked getting caught so would not have gone upstairs (that's why they try to do it real quiet). Most of them are cowardly ******* remember. However, there will be the odd one who would come up the stairs but you'd be unlucky I reckon.
Old 26 September 2006, 08:31 AM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

yep - my keys hang in the hall.....anyone that breaks in is welcome to them.

anyone who thinks that pikey *** bag with a screwdriver and high on (at least) adrenalin is going to be beaten by a half asleep keyboard hero in his jimjams is not all there.
Old 26 September 2006, 08:32 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
PS Glad you are OK, could've been alot worse!

And don't you think that they might just pop upstairs to say hello if they can't find the key's downstairs?

Safest thing is to put them on big feckin hooks in the kitchen...... with a note saying 'car keys take them and **** off'.........

Why invite them upstairs by taking the keys to bed?......
Couldn't agree more! You can't see mine from outside or reach them from the letterbox, but if you got inside the house, past the alarm and the dog, then they are easy to find!
Old 26 September 2006, 09:34 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Agreed, mine are on a hook in the hallway, anybody whos desperate enough to break into the house looking for my car keys will most certainly check most rooms looking for the keys, especially as in the case of the thread starter they took a kitchen knife with them obviously whilst looking for the keys so Id rather they find them ASAP and leave my house ASAP unharming any of my family. Its just not worth it, anyone who thinks otherwise have their priorities all wrong.
Old 26 September 2006, 10:15 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this, absolute ******* scum of the earth!

You cant have anything these days
Old 26 September 2006, 10:26 AM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Thanks Guys,

Didn't get a good look at them...only caught a glimpse out of the bedroom window as they were hopping in to my car (which I don't want back).

They were obviously professional (sim cards out of the stolen phones and snapped) etc. Bedroom window was open where we sleep so they were also pretty confident in what they were doing.

They had brought a knife in from the kitchen and put in down the arm of the sofa(not resting on the arm but hidden), obvioudly in case they were disturbed. Police did say that it was similar to other crimes recently.

Glad I did not catch them as I would have been stabbed for the sake of a car which in hindsite is not worth it but the adrenalin was flowing so I could not have let them walk out.

Having watched my name is Earl I guess they are in for some rough times
Old 26 September 2006, 10:29 AM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

also, I'm not sure they were just after the car....they took a few other items and had started to unplug the plasma (though the fcukwits would have struggled to get in in a 3 door audi in the dark .

They dropped also dropped my wifes watch which was the only sentimental thing they could have got ad missed my wifes car keys so did not get her car (more expensive than mine)
Old 26 September 2006, 10:38 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Anyone who planks their car keys under their pillow is plain crazy!

Why value your metal more than yours or your family's lives?

If the ******* have went to the hassle of breaking in my house for the car, then let the scum take it with as little hassle or delay as possible.
There was a time when if someone comes into my house in the middle of the night, I'd have done my upmost to ensure they didn't get out, however since having my wee girl 7 months ago, there is no way I'd place her in any danger, so let them have the damn cars, they're insured, my wee girl isn't.
Old 26 September 2006, 10:45 AM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

I agree with not hiding the keys but they had it on their toes quickly when they heard me moving about so in my case I think they may have left empty handed if they could not find them (they left without the wifes afterall).

Again I would prefer them to take the car rather than risk my wifes health (it is now a knife culture so seems anything goes now)
Old 26 September 2006, 10:49 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CupraT
I agree with not hiding the keys but they had it on their toes quickly when they heard me moving about so in my case I think they may have left empty handed if they could not find them (they left without the wifes afterall).

Again I would prefer them to take the car rather than risk my wifes health (it is now a knife culture so seems anything goes now)
In some ways I find it more worrying that they have put one of your knives to one side. It suggests to me (and I may be wrong) that they would have been prepared to use it and would have claimed self defence grabbing something close to hand, which they would struggle to do if they brought their own knife.
Old 26 September 2006, 10:54 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

bunch of *******s, hope they crash and bleed to death, very slowly.

key safe best thing since sliced bread

got one a year or so back, punch code in jobby, good luck to em getting through a 6 digit code.

having said that on the estate i live think my scoob is one of the slowest cars there lol, well apart from the norm daily drive cars, 911 gt3's (4 of them ), ferrari's (including race car ), r34 gtr o and the best one of the lot, a origional lancia stratus, car **** or what
Old 26 September 2006, 10:56 AM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

I assume they don't carry it to a job as they would expose themselves to risk of getting caught with it on them.

They did not come up to the bedroom and left when they heard me moving (I assume) though would no doubt have used the knife if I had confronted them.

As I say they seem to have done a professional job and probably didn't want to hurt anyone (we don't have that much value)
Old 26 September 2006, 10:58 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tidgy
bunch of *******s, hope they crash and bleed to death, very slowly.

key safe best thing since sliced bread

got one a year or so back, punch code in jobby, good luck to em getting through a 6 digit code.
Very clever so when theyre torturing you or have a knife to your wifes throat asking you for the code you can congratulate yourself on what a good idea that key safe was
Old 26 September 2006, 10:59 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

what they don't know wont hurt them, besides not married lol.

tis a risk, but hey thats life,
Old 26 September 2006, 11:12 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eldudereno
Absolute scum !!!!!!

Hope your wife's ok.
A few years ago, on a Focus RS forum, a guy posted a thread. His mate had been woken up at 3am in bed with a knife to his and his wife throats. Theives demanding his car keys. His Daughter was in the next room.

Wonder if he still thinks it's best to take his car keys to bed with him
Old 26 September 2006, 11:13 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by stilover
A few years ago, on a Focus RS forum, a guy posted a thread. His mate had been woken up at 3am in bed with a knife to his and his wife throats. Theives demanding his car keys. His Daughter was in the next room.

Wonder if he still thinks it's best to take his car keys to bed with him
I would imagine following that incident he leaves them outside on a hook next to the car.......
Old 26 September 2006, 11:15 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Real keys upstairs safe, "dummy" set on a hook in the hall - ie no battery in the keyfob, or just old Subaru keys that dont work.

Scum break in, making noise, grab the keys & by the time they get back outside & realise that they keys dont work, they are very unlikely to come back into the house again for a second look, with lights going on upstairs etc.

That way you are not letting them just walk in & take your car but also you are not inviting them upstairs looking for the keys which they cant find downstairs.

R.
Old 26 September 2006, 11:22 AM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

Shocking vermin out there,however couple of things spring to mind,Its possible to fit a timer/relay device to your car that can run a preset time eg 3 mins or so then cut off fuel pump/ecu etc. this allows vermin to get far enough away not to damage you or yours but stops them getting car too far away to recover/damage it too much. They might still wreck it but hey they'd probably do that anyway (less chance maybe). Also your insurance company will expect you to take reasonable care of your keys so maybe dont tell them you hang them in view as they are nearly as bad as the vermin who steal cars as they will use any opportunity not to pay if your car gets stolen. Best wishes Cupra T, hope your family are getting over It.
Never worth a confrontation with these scumbags!!
Old 26 September 2006, 11:27 AM
Generic User
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WHEELSHOP0_0
Shocking vermin out there,however couple of things spring to mind,Its possible to fit a timer/relay device to your car that can run a preset time eg 3 mins or so then cut off fuel pump/ecu etc. this allows vermin to get far enough away not to damage you or yours but stops them getting car too far away to recover/damage it too much. They might still wreck it but hey they'd probably do that anyway (less chance maybe). Also your insurance company will expect you to take reasonable care of your keys so maybe dont tell them you hang them in view as they are nearly as bad as the vermin who steal cars as they will use any opportunity not to pay if your car gets stolen. Best wishes Cupra T, hope your family are getting over It.
Never worth a confrontation with these scumbags!!
Obviously you've heard of Blackjaxx then

Anyway, they are fundamentally flawed, unfortunately
Old 26 September 2006, 11:28 AM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

how about leave the keys at the top or middle of the stairs if they are daft enuf to come up and get them they will find them without waking the wife kids

i take mine to bed.. habbit more than anything
Old 26 September 2006, 11:40 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Think the dummy set is the best idea. A nice twist would be to have the car alarm go off if the dummy fob was pushed.
Old 26 September 2006, 11:41 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Think the dummy set is the best idea. A nice twist would be to have the car alarm go off if the dummy fob was pushed.
Have the unlock button programed as the panic button good idea.
Old 26 September 2006, 11:46 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear of this, feckin scum

If people think these idiots will leave when some lights go on, or they find dummy keys and will just run off then you're all very naive.

They don't care about being disturbed by lights, neighbours etc. If they can't get the keys to work they will just come in the house, and in to your room and get the keys from you any way possible.

Just not worth the risk IMO.
Old 26 September 2006, 11:50 AM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

Generic, who or what is Blackjaxx, also what flaws in particular are you talking about?
Old 26 September 2006, 11:51 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I've always brought my keys up with me and always will. Most people nicking stuff won't hang about too long if they have a set of useless keys in their hand and very loud sirens etc going off at 3am.

If all burglars thought they'd have to do to nick a very nice car was to smash a window and have the keys presented to them they'd be a hell of a lot more theft.

Naive, I don't think so!

Quick Reply: Nice way To Wake Up