Have a listen to this........

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2006, 07:22 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Have a listen to this........

Stephie Fisher

This is the artist that I've been producing for a while.

If you like it, please pass on the link to others - trying to drum up some interest!!

The space is still "work in progress", so be nice!

Cheers,

Dan
Old 25 September 2006, 08:34 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Where's the tit pics?
Old 25 September 2006, 08:41 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

www.rwdmag.com

Send some **** to them and they will put her in the mag. Some girl called sheigh who sings cupids touch was on it, but shes still a bit of a nobody. The voice is there, the marketing isnt.
Old 25 September 2006, 08:43 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Hi Dan. Good voice. Sounded very much like Christina Agueirla.(sp) Thats my opion, keep up the good work

Anthony
Old 25 September 2006, 08:46 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

http://www.myspace.com/sheighofficial

this the chick I ws talkin about. I can help you acquire some hiphop/rnb beats if you want
Old 25 September 2006, 10:00 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

The start to the first song (powerless no more)was dire, she was all over the place.

Sorry but just my opinion.
Old 25 September 2006, 10:14 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

She shows a remarkable reluctance to hit the correct note, I must agree.

There is something there in her voice though but currently it is awful, that is not to say that with a bit of work she couldn't come good.

What are you giving her in her headphones? A bit of work there to see what suits might help her. Also as she is so far off tune the voice needs a lot more reverb and processing to help it along, though the one thing you can't judge with compressed audio is reverb.

Sorry, only listened to about half the first song but it was all I could take. I'd say there might be potential but it needs a lot of work.
Old 25 September 2006, 10:39 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Everyone's entitled to their opinion I've asked for public opinions and will take both praise and criticism equally .
But as stated - it's "work in progress"

However, I'm pretty sure she's used a draft version rather than the finalised mixes (will get her to change them over)

Doesn't detract from the fact that the songs are catchy.

Dan
Old 25 September 2006, 11:01 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Crikey, she's out of tune and sounds bored
Old 25 September 2006, 11:13 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Just needs the right song and she'd be there......... Good luck. dl
Old 25 September 2006, 11:13 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

double post (it's late )
Old 25 September 2006, 11:43 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

As stated earlier, she has used the wrong version (my fault for not checking which one she used - note to self for future)

Shame really, as the response could have been more favorable had she used the right version However 1st impressions are the one's that count.

Still, you can't please everyone all the time, can you

Dan
Old 26 September 2006, 08:23 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Rubbish and she looks like an ugly chav.... but hey, whatever floats your boat.......
Old 26 September 2006, 08:32 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Not bad, but nowhere near as good as the young lass taking our area by storm, Grace Bower. Now SHE can sing, and is very attractive.

Alcazar
Old 26 September 2006, 08:35 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Talking

Top of the (Pikey) Pop's
Old 26 September 2006, 08:43 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Sorry but not impressed.

Her voice is decidedly average and nasal.

A good vocal coach could sort alot of it out but it is lacking in character I'm afraid.

I wouldn't waste too much time pushing her mate as there are much greater talents out there at the moment.

Good luck anyway
Old 26 September 2006, 09:31 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Not bad, but IMO she's trying too hard to sound 'black' just because it's the in thing these - a bit like Joss Stone, Christina Aguilera etc.
Old 26 September 2006, 03:53 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
Not bad, but IMO she's trying too hard to sound 'black' just because it's the in thing these - a bit like Joss Stone, Christina Aguilera etc.
Music isnt black or white.

I think she needs some different songs and beats.

Records arent selling at all at the moment, even the big boys who are established house hold names are struggling to sell over 1 million records, and they usualy have a number on hit or two to back their album at the same time.
Old 26 September 2006, 04:38 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

My 2p (no music educated background - can play a couple of instruments (badly ) and no a good "choon" ).

Number of notes off key.
Voice appears to fade in and out, sometimes over the backing, sometimes under.
Where's the passion? It sounds like she's singing it from a song sheet with no feeling.

I can't say there's anything there that piques my interest or makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck

Certainly not pants, but in a word (sorry)..... bland.
Old 26 September 2006, 10:15 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

no probs - I've actually listened to the myspace feed in the studio today - and I'm bl00dy fuming
Sounds RUBBISH. It actually sounds like it's been re-recorded in using a cr@ppy sound card. You can hear the compression algorithm working overtime

It is also the wrong version, however, the damage has been done.

I take on board peoples' comments about the voice/track etc, and I respect your opinions, however there are better tracks/material as well, but you are not listening to the correct version.

I would ask though that the more caustic comments be dampened down, as it can be percieved as offensive and hurtful to someone who isn't here to defend herself.

She's still a minor, but does have record company interest and I want her to take any comments to help her improve.

I have already mentioned about the website - there are improvements to be made, as it was constructed whilst still at school.

Constructive criticism however, will be accepted in abundance!!

Dan
Old 26 September 2006, 10:34 PM
King RA
BANNED

She joined myspace on my birthday, so she gets a from me.
Old 26 September 2006, 10:46 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Dan, any chance of hearing a proper mix? As it stands I'd say she sounds first third x-factor material. I'm sure some good vocal training would help as would finding a song with some feeling that she can relate to. Hopefully that was more constructive than initial work drained comments
Old 27 September 2006, 12:02 AM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
no probs - I've actually listened to the myspace feed in the studio today - and I'm bl00dy fuming
Sounds RUBBISH. It actually sounds like it's been re-recorded in using a cr@ppy sound card. You can hear the compression algorithm working overtime
Your problem, especially with this sort of material, is that in the current day it is probably going to be subjected to a range of compression so it is worth keeping that in mind both when scoring the track, when mixing it and when mastering. There are some sounds that just never sound right even at quite high bit rates, there is a Patricia Kaas album maybe "Hotel Normandy" that has a perfect example of a track that doesn't work even at high bit rates just because one of the synth sounds in it seems to trick out most of the algorithms. At the end of the day many radio stations are now playing off servers were the audio is stored using lossy compression and if they are airing on DAB or the like it is further compressed plus there may be other compression used in the transmission chains to get from the studios to the transmitters, for example. With this in mind the internet distribution that we listened to is probably an ideal way to review the material in terms of its suitability for the likely target audience.

She needs to get some voice training not just to help her singing but to prevent her doing some damage to her voice at an early stage. Fundamentally though if she isn't hitting the notes it is going to be hard work and the fact that she is putting that material on the internet would incline me to believe that she can't hear that she isn't hitting them.

As mentioned before what you are sending her in the headphones could be a factor and many inexperienced performers have problems in this area. You need to think about that and see if you can help, my bet is that you can certainly assist.

Another thing worth a try, if only for a laugh, is to put in a less "good" mic. If you've a 58 or similar lying around then try using it rather than some of the ego bosting large diaphram mics. You'd be surprised how many people EQ a big money mic to sound like a 58 and the actual vocal recording sounds a bit flat to me. Many of the big money mics used for vocals in studio, even a 414, sound flat and can make most vocal performances lack something. Sometimes slinging in something very basic can put the bite back.
Old 27 September 2006, 12:13 AM
Power Junkie
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555

It is also the wrong version, however, the damage has been done.

I take on board peoples' comments about the voice/track etc, and I respect your opinions, however there are better tracks/material as well, but you are not listening to the correct version.

I would ask though that the more caustic comments be dampened down, as it can be percieved as offensive and hurtful to someone who isn't here to defend herself.

She's still a minor, but does have record company interest and I want her to take any comments to help her improve.

I have already mentioned about the website - there are improvements to be made, as it was constructed whilst still at school.

Constructive criticism however, will be accepted in abundance!!

Dan
As another Producer I would Love to hear the correct tracks, maybe pm me a link when they are up, see if we can get some educated reviews
Old 27 September 2006, 07:49 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I recognise her friend
Old 27 September 2006, 07:55 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

She'd scrape through the first round on X factor only to be kicked off in the next round
An average voice in my 'non expert' opinion, no real substance, but to her credit the song was pants which might not have helped her quest...
She'll do OK singing in pubs round her region but dont let her believe she will be a star because that would be unfair...
Old 27 September 2006, 09:40 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

For **** sake......... you sound feckin delusional....... she is ****E and because you think the sun shines out of her backside that makes you feckin tone deaf......

"Go on Simon give her another chance?....." .......... that's what you sound like!...........

Buy her a bag of chips and send the pikey chav packing.......... and you may want to find another niche as well........
Old 27 September 2006, 10:38 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

With the greatest respect DCI, I've had a few more top 10 hits than you, so I'll take your particular comments with a pinch of salt, as you seem to only be qualified in trolling.

Dan
Old 27 September 2006, 10:44 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

For the more constructive people, I'll sort out the proper version (which has in-tune vocals!! )

The headphone mix comment is a good one, although I have told her to take down the wrong version and let me sort the new one.

Recording-wise, she was put through a Neumann TLM103 into a Focusrite Platinum Penta and onto Logic Pro.

As said though, all academic if she airs the wrong version!!! dimwit!

Dan