Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dangerous Dogs

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2006, 08:50 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dangerous Dogs

Suprised not to find a thread already but......I'll start the fun.

Another week, another baby killed by a dangerous dog

So come on dog owners, defend your dangerous sh!tting machines
Old 25 September 2006, 08:56 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Its a pity dangerous people dont get destroyed too

And this time last week I was a sh!tting machine

PS, I love the smilie at the end of the second line
Old 25 September 2006, 09:03 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

1. Most Rottweilers are owned for similar reasons to people buying X5s. Utterly unnecessary but hopefully it'll impress a few people.

2. What was a five month old baby doing unsupervised in the vicinity of such vicious animals? Put the parents down first, worry about the dogs later.
Old 25 September 2006, 09:06 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a case of equally dangerous parenting.
Leaving a baby unatended with dogs which are not used to children and are used as guard dogs for the pub that they were looking after for friends.
Old 25 September 2006, 09:26 AM
Rage!
BANNED

https://www.scoobynet.com/dog-boy-t546108.html
Old 25 September 2006, 09:36 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I see no need for such animals to be kept as domestic pets by basically anyone that wants them. This morning I watched a women walk her Pitbull down the street. It had a beefy leash on it and was muzzled which is good and responsible but where's the fun in having such a pet when you can't even let it run around and chuck a ball for it.

As my girlfriend is a dog warden I became concerned about the risks so I read up on dangerous dogs. Pitbulls are generally nice animals and are unlikely to attack humans if they correctly raised but they do still have a fighting instinct!!! No matter how well trained a pitbull should NEVER be left alone with another animal as any scuffle will usually end in serious injury and probably not to the pitbull. Why take the risk? Why do people chose to have such destructive pets who's natural bred instinct is as a fighting machine (and an effective one at that). I'm not saying nobody should have them but there should be very strict rules as to who can and can't, etc.
Old 25 September 2006, 09:39 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

it does **** me off that we now now have to live so defensively, all the time.

I think it's very sad, that the finger is being pointed at the parents being negligent when they just left their child there to sleep.

It's entirely reasonable that they asked the owners whether they had to worry about the guard dogs and I'll bet they said, "no, they're fine - they've never attacked anyone"

Now that I think about it, it's not clear cut, but it's arrogant to point the finger at the parents' negligence.
Old 25 September 2006, 09:41 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Personally i'd prefer to call it "common sense" but hey, it was only a piar of Rottweilers, what do i know? Christ.
Old 25 September 2006, 09:45 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Chef, dont be so stupid, I wouldnt leave my 5month old child alone with my OWN dog which I know is soft as **** let alone another persons 2 Rotties. What sort of world do we live in if people cant take responsibility for their own 5 month old baby?

Originally Posted by ChefDude
It's entirely reasonable that they asked the owners whether they had to worry about the guard dogs and I'll bet they said, "no, they're fine - they've never attacked anyone"
Theyre guard dogs for a reason, if the parents needed to ask that question then they need their heads examining, either that or being made sterilized might work too
Old 25 September 2006, 09:46 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

A mate has a 'Rotty'. It's a lovely dog and I like dogs but the think is it still scares the **** out of me as the size of it and the power it has is amazing! The jaws are so thick set and if it did ever go for you you wouldn't stand a chance!
Old 25 September 2006, 09:46 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Another week another person hurt in a car crash.
So come on jet car owners, defend your dangerous machines......

Lets not have pets, cars ect. Lets wrap the whole world up in cotton wool and never venture out of our bubble-wrapped homes.
Old 25 September 2006, 09:50 AM
gatecrasher3
Scooby Regular

In most of these cases it is the parents at fault IMO. We all know that dogs may or may not attack regardless of how they have been in the past so why allow the situation to arise?
Old 25 September 2006, 09:56 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Lets not have pets, cars ect. Lets wrap the whole world up in cotton wool and never venture out of our bubble-wrapped homes
You are only saying that because you are a dog owner/lover and IIRC from the pictures you posted your dogs are pretty beefy! However, the difference is (based on your posts) you are almost certainly a responsible owner that would pass any test of responsibility they would care to throw at you. My beef is that its not hard for any old nutter to get a hold of a powerful dog and IMHO that's wrong. At least with cars insurance/runnings costs generally keep 17-21 chavs out of the seriously fast/dangerous cars but you can probably pick up a Pittbull or Rottie for a few hundred pounds and then parade it around the estate like you are boss
Old 25 September 2006, 10:00 AM
gatecrasher3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
My beef is that its not hard for any old nutter to get a hold of a powerful dog and IMHO that's wrong. At least with cars insurance/runnings costs generally keep 17-21 chavs out of the seriously fast/dangerous cars but you can probably pick up a Pittbull or Rottie for a few hundred pounds and then parade it around the estate like you are boss
Very fair and valid point.
Old 25 September 2006, 10:02 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Until certain elements of society are banned from breeding (not just refering to gingers,) owning animals, driving fast cars and going out in the hours of darkness accidents such as these will continue to happen.
Old 25 September 2006, 10:06 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Until certain elements of society are banned from breeding (not just refering to gingers,)
Well if you want to become a politician and stand based on that policy you've got my vote
Old 25 September 2006, 10:14 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Pure speculation but one can imagine the Rotty owners saying before they left "Oh, those two, once they get to know you they're as soft as anything"

Largely bollox of course but the sort of thing you might half believe if you don't understand dogs.
Old 25 September 2006, 10:32 AM
Generic User
Scooby Regular

I've been mauled by a Spanial.

Ban the bloody things, they could kill a child!

And what is with the residents of council estate's obsession with Staffys?

The factory next door's guard rotty escaped into my compound the other day. Thing is daft as a brush, didn't maul anyone. But made a right mess when he raided the bin, I called him a naughty boy and he gave the sad puppy look

Last edited by Generic User; 25 September 2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 25 September 2006, 10:40 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

"hard" dogs are the number 1 pikey chavscum accessory, along with chunky studded collars to enhance their visual appeal.

Pretty stupid keeping dangerous dogs IMO, go for something nice and safe instead like a Chimp.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052301819.html
Old 25 September 2006, 10:59 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

All sounds pretty pikey to me

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/5376788.stm

But - the only way to keep these killing machines from the hands of pikeys is to ban them outright.

I saw some woman on the TV from the British Rottweiler Club or some such and she was a pikey moron too. This is supposed to be the 'official' body representing so called 'responsible' owners and breeders. Who needs them?
Old 25 September 2006, 11:03 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unclebuck
But - the only way to keep these killing machines from the hands of pikeys is to ban them outright.
Ban the dogs, the pikeys or both?
Old 25 September 2006, 11:11 AM
sydsnot2002
Scooby Regular

as they say any dog can be dangerous when provoked,,,, even yr cute little terriers,,
Old 25 September 2006, 11:20 AM
gatecrasher3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Ban the dogs, the pikeys or both?
Ban the pikey scum that buy dogs as a fashion accessory in a bid to make them more macho!
Old 25 September 2006, 11:20 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by sydsnot2002
as they say any dog can be dangerous when provoked,,,, even yr cute little terriers,,
Exactly, just not as dangerous as the bigger dogs due to size and power, apart from that the animal instincts are exactly the same. In fact I find Terriers more aggressive than the average 'hard' dog.
Old 25 September 2006, 11:25 AM
sydsnot2002
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Exactly, just not as dangerous as the bigger dogs due to size and power, apart from that the animal instincts are exactly the same. In fact I find Terriers more aggressive than the average 'hard' dog.

so true,, because the hunting instinct hasn't been bred out of the terriers, especially the likes of the jack russell etc......
Old 25 September 2006, 11:30 AM
Generic User
Scooby Regular

.....which could easily tear off a babys face.

Ever seen a Labrador "turn"? Damn things can be vicious, and they are big dogs too, yet most families have one bacause they are "docile"

Which is why I argue that all dog owners should give their pet the same duty of care with supervision with children, regardless of breed and size.

I mean, you don't leave a toddler unattended in a kitchen...do you? Same goes for kids and dogs.

Last edited by Generic User; 25 September 2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 25 September 2006, 11:35 AM
sydsnot2002
Scooby Regular

i think what ppl should realise is that having any breed of dog big or small,, could lead to something going wrong,, the amount of times i've seen kids pulling the poor old dog about, swinging from its tale etc,,,, and the owners always turn around and say " good ole ..... absolutely marvellous with kids " but good ole ..... might just turn one day coz they have had enough,,,,,,,
Old 25 September 2006, 12:01 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

I have 2 Rotties and tbh this type of thing and sentiments shared are nothing unusual.

Dogs are a product of their upbringing. Just because this has happened does'nt mean that all Rotties should be destroyed. We got our hounds because we have always had large dogs not because of some sort of status symbol. Our dogs are loving and enjoy people company, my friends baby included. never had any problems or even a suggestion of reasons for concern. They are pets, not guard dogs at the end of the day.

Its very sad to see this type of thing happen, but who to blame - well you could blame the pearents for not keeping an eye on the child (Meaning ensuring the baby is safe) or your could blame the owners of the dogs. Who knows

One thing people need to understand, you dont need to teach a dog to be aggressive and to be a guard dog. This is something that it does naturally and territorial type thing, but they do need to be given love. If you feel your hound is not safe around Children/Other people then do not put the dog or the person in a posotion that could lead to injury (To both the Houndies and the People) Common sense is free at the end of the day

Last edited by Optical Race; 25 September 2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 25 September 2006, 12:04 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

How nice of Davyboy to put the when he said about a baby being killed.

Sick f*ck
Old 25 September 2006, 12:15 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

All terriers have that fighting streek in them. I dont trust any of them at all.

But to class all dogs as dangerous sh!tting machines is a bit on the silly side. Are you the kind of person that now wants all dogs destroyed, you should be a Labour politician.

All dogs can do dangerous things, but there are steps owners can take to reduce the risk to the public.

Like, i cant see for the life of me why they need to be walked in the local parks, where kids play. 2 reasons,

A, there is the hygene issue, even if its picked up and cleaned, dogs fouling in public parks is a no no

B, even them running around scares small children.

So, if park land is the only place a dog can be taken, it should be down to the owners to make certain they have the correct surroundings for the dogs, but more importantly, the publics saftey and health.

Our is never walked in a park or places where kids play, always down the woodland by the river, well out the way

Quick Reply: Dangerous Dogs