Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hangovers, drinking, discuss

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2006, 12:52 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hangovers, drinking, discuss

Went out last night with J4cko's mate (TM).

Currently nursing a level six hangover (out of ten, ten being in hospital).

So feel like poo, bit shaky, when I turn round it takes a second or two before my vision catches up, stomach feels like I have been drinking Fairy liquid , doing evil farts and poorly poodle turds. Pulse higher than normal so some serious cardiovasular action going on, that cant be good.

Why do we do this, we know we will feel **** and loose most of the following day. Why do we feel the need to tell our mates our deepest secrets when bladdered ?

The cruel irony of waking up with the raging horn (more so than normal) on a Saturday (i.e. dont need to get up) and absolutely zero chance of a **** because even after a compulsary post pub/pre bed shower I still stink, Stella leeching from every pore, the smell of **** because I decided I am a smoker once a year, dont even like it.

So six pints of stella, Jaagermeister and flaming Sambuka's, the follow it up with a mixed kebab, kind of ok when you are 18 but I am 36 in November, I kind of feel like an aging dog that can still chase passing cars but has to sleep all the next day.

Good night though, J4ckos mate will be along at some point to discuss and analyze events like we always do, taking great pleasure in reminding me of the events that I would rather not be reminded of, he loves to see me squirm

The best one we ever had was one new years eve, we got as drunk as its possible to get without being dead, he banged his head walking into a lampost. So, bleeding profusely and being a bit concussed he then fell down an embankment and I had to drag him out, how I will never know as he is six foot tall and er, 'well put together' like myself, so we managed to walk home about a mile or so and he bunked up in my double bed with me, woke up feeling a little 'moist', he sits up with the pillow attached to his head by dried blood, one or both us had p1ssed the bed, so I had to explain to my mum what had happened, he had to go to casulaty to have his face reattached all whilst nursing a level nine hangover (3 day recovery time, 5% recollection of night before)

So why do we do it, and you best drinking and hangover anecdotes please.
Old 23 September 2006, 12:58 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done J4cko im suffering at the moment,right im off to make a call on the big white telephone .
Old 23 September 2006, 01:03 PM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

I like you Jacko. Me and my mates are just the same.

Get a lunch time beer down you, I know it will be hard but grin and bear it, just a couple you will feel much better.

Fancy meeting up for a pint sometime?

Scott
Old 23 September 2006, 01:04 PM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

Refrence hangovers I think a Banana and sweet tea, lots of.

Then a couple at lunch
Old 23 September 2006, 01:05 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

surely level 10 should be hospital/police cell?
Old 23 September 2006, 01:06 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

J4CKO, you should write a book,
Old 23 September 2006, 01:07 PM
mr & mrs carlos uk300
Scooby Regular

try that new energize iron brew drink works for me
Old 23 September 2006, 01:07 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

PMSL
Old 23 September 2006, 01:08 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Never drink at lunchtime, good at the time but end up to lairy in the office and want to bone any female that walks past, end up peeing all afternoon, doing nothing and then have a hangover at 6pm thus ruining my oppurtunity for a real drink at night.
Old 23 September 2006, 01:09 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by mr & mrs carlos uk300
try that new energize iron brew drink works for me
N how the devil are you
Old 23 September 2006, 01:11 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
J4CKO, you should write a book,
Funnily enough my brother was saying that last night, I have long talked about it and done a bit of writing for my own pleasure, he says that he is going to make me do it.

I do enjoy posting my ramblings on here, its a good way of finding what people find funny so perhaps its practice.

I will start this weekend and post an excerpt by next weekend, can you lot remind me and give me some stick if I dont, I have an idea of a subject, any suggestions welcome though, any anecdotes I can nick.
Old 23 September 2006, 01:12 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

You've cracked me up many a time
Get writing
Old 23 September 2006, 01:19 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Why don't you set up a blog? you can ramble every day at your puter.

Lucozade or full fat Coke for the hangover
Old 23 September 2006, 01:21 PM
mr & mrs carlos uk300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
N how the devil are you

Fine thanks, here you have a new baby in the family
Old 23 September 2006, 03:50 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Give it up I stopped drinking on Sunday night (OK that was the last night I got drunk) but not drank anything since, going on the wagon for good now I think, waking up feeling fresh in the mornings etc definately feeling better for it although I could murder a pint right now I'll get through it, Just a bitch that Orange is so boring to drink through an evening.
Old 23 September 2006, 04:55 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Dave, I didnt drink anything from last weekend either, not a big deal, I will never beome an alcy as that will really spoil drinking.
Old 23 September 2006, 05:05 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

ha ha ha that was epically funny that mate.

we were on those flamin sambuccas stella carling jagwermister all sorts why dont we learn.

he is spot on about the pillow my head was like this his mums and dads were like this you nearly got booted out as i remember,

last night was good we even had a go on thne table footbal which i love doing.
wonder if dominic has turned up.;

my worst was the jam jar of souther comfort neat rememer that one jacko!! god that caused some **** didnt it fdor days after
still it was a great night .

last night we were installoing some of our widdom on these 18 year olds saying get your dick sucked as much as you can, dont get married till your 30 and do as much travelling as you can. it was like watchin booze britain wasnt it mate all we needed was to **** up a wall and get a 80 quid fine,

i can still remember my face in your bedroom mirror that day, with your pillow stuck to it covered in blood, i felt sheepish for weeks after and didnt goi round to your mums for months i kept a really loww profile.

the so comfort night i reckon was an 8.5 what do you think got to go man u are on
Old 23 September 2006, 05:09 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

i dont drink...my bodies a temple
Old 23 September 2006, 05:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Yep, smuggled a full bottle of Southern Comfort into a club, secreted in our girlfriends purses to save on bar prices (cheapskates), he goes to the bogs and takes his jamjar with him, has a swig in the cubicle and accidentally drops the lid in the bog, now even the animal that he is would retreive a jamjar lid from a club toilet (he does quite like those yellow and blue 'mints' they put in the urinal though). So he decided to drink the entire half bottle of Southern Comfort, bear in mind this was on top of perhaps three pint of lager.

He returned and was compos mentis for a while and then it hit him, he couldnt sit up, mullered, looked like the shots of those captured Tornado pilots in the gulf slumped there.

Another incident involves him insisting on looking at my *****, I had a bit of a dose of genital warts so I showed him after he kept enquiring as to its condition, so after a sharp intake of breath and a lot of exclamations like '**** me' etc I put it away, we go out and he tells the rest of the lads about it (I would have kept it quiet if I had been looking at other mens ***** in toilets) so they all have a look at it and even invite another bloke who wandered in to have a butchers. I was worried that he would go and ask the DJ for a track and ask him to ask the whole place if they want to see a ***** that looks like a Cauliflower.
Old 23 September 2006, 06:07 PM
Generic User
Scooby Regular

Should be about the right time for you get the munchies
Old 23 September 2006, 06:19 PM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

Not long now and I will be drinking!
Old 23 September 2006, 07:31 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

serves you right, if you want to feel like sh*t without the hangover, just send me your cash when you fancy another night out

question for you, WHY?? do you do it??

i went out thursday night, had a resonable amount to drink, went home and went to work the next day.

had a huge fry up at brekky and felt fine.

others near on crawled in and felt like crap all day, what is it with the british male, who thinks unless you get paraleticly pissed, you arnt having a good time??

you,ll certianly realise the daftness of it when your liver gives up the ghost!

Mart.

forgot to add, the next endemic to hit the uk, is a generation of alcoholics and drink related illness's
Old 23 September 2006, 08:26 PM
k.b
Scooby Regular

i cant say i have had a hangover yet.im only 20 mind so that might be my advantage.i only really go out a couple of times a month however when i go out i tend to drink a hell of a lot.most nights will start about half 4 or 5ish with the strongbow by the time we leave the house to go for the bus the best part of a slab is gone. then when we arrive in town i might grab a bag of chips before heading into the clubs about 11ish for some 2 quid a pop jack and cokes and hey presto 20 or 30 quid is gone.then its pizza time around about half 3 when we get kicked oot the clubs.next task is to get onto the bus at around about 4.

normally wake up about half 9 in the morning, probably still drunk but generally no hangover, and go downstairs to tuck into a bottle of irn bru.

fantastic
Old 23 September 2006, 09:25 PM
wrcturbo
Scooby Regular

You have my sympathy mate...................NOT!

Soon be time for the annual beer festival out this way end of oct. Good job it is only once a year as it suprising how you forget the way you felt the next day!!! Real ale and lots of it, you drink a load of that and try to keep it down!
Old 23 September 2006, 11:05 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I didnt ask for any sympathy !

I generally dont get paraletic, I don't set out with that intention but it sometimes happens, J4ckos mate usually drinks at a fair old rate, sometimes the pint pot empties so quickly, the vacuum effect sticks it to his face, the appears grinng at last orders with 2 fresh pints and a glass of port each and he would be offended if I didnt drink it.
Old 24 September 2006, 07:32 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I didnt ask for any sympathy !

I generally dont get paraletic, I don't set out with that intention but it sometimes happens, J4ckos mate usually drinks at a fair old rate, sometimes the pint pot empties so quickly, the vacuum effect sticks it to his face, the appears grinng at last orders with 2 fresh pints and a glass of port each and he would be offended if I didnt drink it.
time to offend your mate then i,d say.. whats more important, getting sh*tfaced and feeling crap the next day, or being j4cko and saying NO.

i went out on thursday and came home sober, I didnt feel any guilt in saying no, when people were offering me drinks.

prehaps theres other reasons why it happens?? only you can answer that

would your mate feel offendedif you delveloped Chirrosis(sp) ??

mart
Old 24 September 2006, 11:05 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

He will be along in a minute, its six of one, half a dozen of the other situation.

Not really a problem, we only go out once a month or less.
Old 24 September 2006, 11:57 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

yeah mate if iw as your id throw that donor card out

nobodyd goin to waant yours i reckon
ha ha ha ha ha

youve got a name for yourself as a keghead, can you imagine what theyd say if they knew my neighbours or steve from the old place

we would loose him for weeks at a time whilst he was in a clinic

he d be fine then we couldnt find him again fora fortnight
Old 24 September 2006, 03:10 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Despite my Friday night binge I am still below the recommended weekly intake, just dont think doing it in one night is a good idea.