Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2006, 10:38 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do?

Went shopping in a certain supermarket yesterday ( not mentioning any names but it wasn't Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, KwikSave or Co-Op ) and spent around £20 on food for a meal this evening.

I brought a packet of chicken breasts, which went straight into the fridge when I got home about 10 minutes after paying for them.

Each chicken breast was indivdually wrapped.Opened them this evening to make a meal for 5 people, and the stench that came from them can only be described as rotting eggs.

I phoned the supermarket to advise them of the situation and was told to take them back this evening, which wasn't possible. I offered them the barcode in case they wanted to check the remaining supplies and tbh they didn't really give a toss.

The rest of the food I brought has also been wasted ( the sauce doesn't keep) and then on top of wasting that, we had to buy a takeaway which cost another 30 odd quid.

Any advice on what I should say/do when I revisit the shop tomorrow with a bag of stinking chicken????? As chicken can cause really bad food poisoning, what should they be doing about it???

TIA
Old 20 September 2006, 10:42 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Giving you a special deal on toilet rolls?

Any advice on what I should say/do when I revisit the shop tomorrow with a bag of stinking chicken????? As chicken can cause really bad food poisoning, what should they be doing about it???

TIA[/quote]
Old 20 September 2006, 10:42 PM
darren...
Scooby Regular

1. Dig out the receipt as proof of purchase...

2. Highlight the other things that were part of the meal on the receipt...

Get copies of them and then get ready to write to customer services - in store they'll only offer you your money back and thats about it...

If you need the home addresses of directors then send me a PM
Old 20 September 2006, 10:47 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by darren...
1. Dig out the receipt as proof of purchase...

2. Highlight the other things that were part of the meal on the receipt...

Get copies of them and then get ready to write to customer services - in store they'll only offer you your money back and thats about it...

If you need the home addresses of directors then send me a PM
Ta Darren.

OPM - thank **** noone actually ate any of it
Old 20 September 2006, 11:04 PM
King RA
BANNED

All I can recommend is that you don't shop at Iceland. Try one of the listed supermarkets, much better.
Old 20 September 2006, 11:07 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King RA
All I can recommend is that you don't shop at Iceland. Try one of the listed supermarkets, much better.
Are they still in business? They closed the one in our town ages ago...
Old 20 September 2006, 11:10 PM
King RA
BANNED

Smile

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Are they still in business? They closed the one in our town ages ago...
Unfortunately...yes
Old 21 September 2006, 12:11 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Write to Baker Street..........
Old 21 September 2006, 12:18 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Write to Baker Street..........
Another one I missed.. wasn't M&S either
Old 21 September 2006, 12:32 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Went shopping in a certain supermarket yesterday ( not mentioning any names but it wasn't Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, KwikSave or Co-Op ) and spent around £20 on food for a meal this evening.

I brought a packet of chicken breasts, which went straight into the fridge when I got home about 10 minutes after paying for them.

Each chicken breast was indivdually wrapped.Opened them this evening to make a meal for 5 people, and the stench that came from them can only be described as rotting eggs.

I phoned the supermarket to advise them of the situation and was told to take them back this evening, which wasn't possible. I offered them the barcode in case they wanted to check the remaining supplies and tbh they didn't really give a toss.

The rest of the food I brought has also been wasted ( the sauce doesn't keep) and then on top of wasting that, we had to buy a takeaway which cost another 30 odd quid.

TIA
Take all that back tomorrow and make a right scene on the till! If they still don't buzz, get Consumers' Rights, Health & Safety, Food & Hygene( **** it! I can't spell the ****ing word at this O'clock!!) and even Ginger-ist card on them!Tell them that they treated you nasty coz, you is ginger. <nods>

Problem will be solved pretty qiuckly, hopefully