Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Argh. Need new photocopier/printer

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2006, 03:49 PM
Plucking Pheasants
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argh. Need new photocopier/printer

Hi guys.My office photocopier has packed in. Well it's actually a multifunction (HP PSC-xxxx) thingy with scanner and printer. But its mainly used for printing and photocoping (thus why I'm posting in general, not computing..as its not a computer related per-se ) )

Anyway. Need a new one. I copy shed loads of stuff, so it needs rock solid paperhandling and good ink/toner costs (current HP is neither). Fast PPM (25-30pages per min) in mono, Document feeder would be lovely and it has to be colour. And cheap toner/ink. Preferably without needing to replace imaging drums that cost a small fortune.

I was looking at colour laser instead of inkjet as the latter seems to be getting more and more brittle and fragile as the model progress (latest HP multifuntion inkjets seem awful, ok for home use, but no longer any good for reliable paper handling in a small office).

So either high quality inkjet multifunction (do they exist anymore or are they all made out of air-fix plastic? ) or a cheap colour laser. Budget is £500 as a absolute max for the laser, half that for an inkjet (seeing they are cheaper anyway)

Been looking at these two lasers so far:

http://www.epson.co.uk/products/lase...aser_CX11N.htm

http://www.brother.co.uk/g3.cfm/s_pa...ct/MFC9420CNU1

Neither mention anything about the need for imaging drums though or ink costs so I'm still abit wary.Is there anything else, or other models I need to look at?

Any advice is welcome TIA PP

edit: fixed paragraphing, not sure what happened there

Last edited by Plucking Pheasants; 20 September 2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 20 September 2006, 03:51 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Plucking Pheasants
Hi guys.My office photocopier has packed in. Well it's actually a multifunction (HP PSC-xxxx) thingy with scanner and printer. But its mainly used for printing and photocoping (thus why I'm posting in general, not computing..as its not a computer related per-se ) )Anyway. Need a new one. I copy shed loads of stuff, so it needs rock solid paperhandling and good ink/toner costs (HP is neither). Fast PPM (25-30pages per min) in mono, Document feeder would be lovely and it has to be colour. And cheap toner/ink. Preferably without needing to replace imaging drums that cost a small fortune.I was looking at colour laser instead of inkjet as the latter seems to be getting more and more brittle and fragile as the model progress (latest HP multifuntion inkjets seem awful, ok for home use, but no longer any good for reliable paper handling in a small office).So either high quality inkjet multifunction (do they exist anymore or are they all made out of air-fix plastic? ) or a cheap colour laser. Budget is £500 as a absolute max for the laser, half that for an inkjet (seeing they are cheaper anyway)Been looking at these two lasers so far:http://www.epson.co.uk/products/lase...420CNU1Neither mention anything about the need for imaging drums though or ink costs so I'm still abit wary.Is there anything else I need to look at?TIA PP

Do you breathe when you talk?............. my eye's hurt
Old 20 September 2006, 03:53 PM
Plucking Pheasants
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Do you breathe when you talk?............. my eye's hurt

Not sure what happned there. I typed it with paragraphs and spacing, and then it tuned in to that load of gobbledegook when I posted it. I've turned off the wysiwig editor and it appears to have fixed it

Think a mail to webby maybe called for.
Old 20 September 2006, 03:53 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

wheres Mikey when you need him....
Old 20 September 2006, 03:56 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I can recommend an OKI 5300 - pretty good and colour
Old 20 September 2006, 04:25 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

You have PM
Old 21 September 2006, 11:31 AM
philc
Scooby Regular

don't know what your budget is, but i recently bought some Ricoh 3228C's - will print / /copy colour or mono, up to A3, multi-sheet feed, stapler, sorter, scan / email function, etc.
Also decided to get full service maintenance agreement - pay Ricoh a per copy cost and all consumables and service is included.
The copier is connected over the 'net to Ricoh so I just get a usage invoice emailed monthly.
btw - the per copy cost is highly noegotiable ...