Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Buyers market yet? Houses

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2006, 04:31 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyers market yet? Houses

Been to look at a few.Thinking about offers now and how much of a Bar -steward to be.

One seller actually said something along the lines of 'I quite accept it is a buyers market and we are very flexible indeed on the price'

Obviously not a poker player
Old 11 September 2006, 04:33 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Sounds like hes inviting silly offers, its always going to be a buyers market (long term atm) with sellers like that....
Old 11 September 2006, 04:33 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Start low, you have nothing to lose at the end of the day. They can only say no.

House aren't shifing at the moment so if they're are desparte to move they may consider any reasonable offer.
Old 11 September 2006, 04:38 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Depends where you live !

In Guildford, Surrey houses are in very shorty supply & its a sellers market as I have found out !
Old 11 September 2006, 05:22 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The South has suffered slow growth in prices whilst the North and Wales have rocketed ahead ....... its the Souths turn I think for a surge.

Either that or the North/Wales will collapse .... the differential needs to be maintained but it's a level playing field at the moment.

Pete
Old 11 September 2006, 05:50 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

What happened to the traditional "Its all falling down" Pete?
Old 11 September 2006, 05:59 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
The South has suffered slow growth in prices whilst the North and Wales have rocketed ahead ....... its the Souths turn I think for a surge.

Either that or the North/Wales will collapse .... the differential needs to be maintained but it's a level playing field at the moment.

Pete
I think you've got that the wrong way round. Latest stats in papers this weekend showed London/ Southeast/ home counties had increased by 20%, Yorkshire and most of the rest of the country had dropped.
Old 11 September 2006, 06:09 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Might be an idea to hang on a bit let the recent, and predicted imminent further interest rate rises take their toll on the market. Most economists expect rates to be over 5% by the end of the year.

Also you should keep an eyes on the US housing market. Many predicting it is in the early stages of a crash (theyve had 17 straight rises in interest rates!), and if it does crash its likely to have a huge impact on the world economy as a whole, and theyre by far the worlds biggest consumer.

Like us theyve been spending money as their houses have increased in value, fueled by cheap money..

But hey on the other hand Im sure the usual posters will turn up and tell you to "BUY BUY BUY while you still can - prices only go UP remember!!!"

Old 11 September 2006, 06:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davegtt
What happened to the traditional "Its all falling down" Pete?
If you read what I said, I said, "It may go up, but then again it may fall"

Pete
Old 11 September 2006, 07:35 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Might be an idea to hang on a bit let the recent, and predicted imminent further interest rate rises take their toll on the market. Most economists expect rates to be over 5% by the end of the year.

Also you should keep an eyes on the US housing market. Many predicting it is in the early stages of a crash (theyve had 17 straight rises in interest rates!), and if it does crash its likely to have a huge impact on the world economy as a whole, and theyre by far the worlds biggest consumer.

Like us theyve been spending money as their houses have increased in value, fueled by cheap money..

But hey on the other hand Im sure the usual posters will turn up and tell you to "BUY BUY BUY while you still can - prices only go UP remember!!!"

BUY BUY BUY
Old 11 September 2006, 08:06 PM
d5hof
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete
dude lay off those morphine tabs, I'm an estate agent in London and god blimey house prices are still increasing its a very much of a sellers market here
Old 11 September 2006, 08:14 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by d5hof
I'm an estate agent in London and god blimey house prices are still increasing its a very much of a sellers market here
There you have it, proof