Barry George - Panorama

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2006, 10:01 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barry George - Panorama

An injustice or not?

Discrediting the time at which he was spotted at the clinic? Impossible to commit the murder, go home, get cleaned up and get to the clinic in time!
1 particle of firearm residue, that US courts have discredited in their trials as it can be easily contaminated/transferred
The 2 key witnesses not picking him out in an identity parade
His continuous denial 5 years on

A good documentary and well presented i thought, he may be Jill Dando's killer but on the evidence shown i personally think it is not enough to commit someone to a life sentence.

Any other views?

Last edited by Mitchy260; 05 September 2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05 September 2006, 10:17 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

I agree with the above^^^^^^^
Old 05 September 2006, 11:24 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

The subject shouldn't be trivialised either. If he's not guilty then the real murderer is on the loose!
Old 05 September 2006, 11:25 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The police handling of this, if the programme is accurate and not skewed is decidedly dody.
Old 05 September 2006, 11:26 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

no doubting the guy is not playing with the 'full deck'.. but serious doubts are there as to wether he commited the murder.....
Old 05 September 2006, 11:30 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I've always had my doubts........
Old 05 September 2006, 11:45 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

don't forget...
  • NO witnesses (out of 18?) picking him out in a live identity parade.
  • Only one witness picking him out in a video-only parade - EIGHTEEN MONTHS AFTER THE ALLEDGED SIGHTING.
  • Said witness changing her mind in written police statements about her description of the potential murderer.
  • The only other identifying witness DID NOT pick him out in the video-only parade, but then changed her mind after chatting with the first witness in a car going home.
  • One (the second) witness alledgedly had a affair with an member of CID working on the case (during the case).
  • The police lying that there were no armed officers (who could have caused contamination) in the flat whilst evidence was gathered!
  • The police photographing his coat before forensically analysing it, and placing it on a dummy that had been used to photograph items involving firearms only days before.
  • The prosecution painting Barry as being obsessed by Jill Dando because he had EIGHT pictures of her in his flat. They omitted to point out that these pictures were in the articles written in the EIGHT HUNDRED newspapers that he had stored in his flat.
  • Plus much more...

A total injustice, and all members of the prosecution should be investigated for potential misconduct, fabrication of evidence, purjury etc etc!!

mb
Old 05 September 2006, 11:45 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

What a load of sh*t

I know that without even watching it. [/caine]
Old 06 September 2006, 09:28 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
What a load of sh*t

I know that without even watching it. [/caine]
Maybe you should have watched it mate

Barry george will be out within a year if an appeal is accepted.

The evidence is a shambles, 1 particle of gun powder residue is what he went down for! 1 particle!

The reporter went to America and 2 expert forensic scientists told how american courts do not use gunpowder residue as evidence as it is easily transferred.
Then he went to Italy for another expert scientist to analyse the particle and be told it may not even be that from a firearm!

You read about conspiracy theorists all the time here on scoobynet, (Moon landings/9/11 etc)

But this is far more credible and a huge injustice i think based on the evidence shown! The documentary seemed pretty fairly balanced, it was not Pro - Barry George!

I wonder what will come of it.
Old 06 September 2006, 11:09 AM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by Mitchy260
The reporter went to America and 2 expert forensic scientists told how american courts do not use gunpowder residue as evidence as it is easily transferred.
Is this not the case over there because guns are that more prevalent and therefore the chance of contamination MUCH higher?
Old 06 September 2006, 11:11 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

What's the difference between a Jehovah Witness and Jill Dando's killer ??

Nothing, they both stand on your door step and do ya fcukin head in !!
Old 06 September 2006, 11:14 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by David Lock
I've always had my doubts........
Same here, I thought it was fairly obvious they were struggling to lock someone up for this when it happened.
Old 06 September 2006, 11:16 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King RA
Is this not the case over there because guns are that more prevalent and therefore the chance of contamination MUCH higher?
Apparently there's no way to tell for sure if it was even from a gun.
Old 06 September 2006, 11:18 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King RA
Very good point actually, never thought of that

However the way in which the suit he ''MAY'' have been wearing was handled/photographed and tested along with firearms being in the same room as the suit, it can easily have been contaminated. The reporter done a little experiment with firepower residue with 1 of the experts in america and showed how easily transferred it is, you dont even need to touch the matter.

A reverand from the church seen an armed police man in barry george's flat, whilst he was also in there and as he left he seen a further 2 armed policemen going into his flat. The police have flatly denied this but why would a man of the church lie about what he saw

Very strange why they have dismissed the time he was at the clinic aswell, proving he cannot have commited the murder, along with the 2 key witnesses not picking him out, the jurors talking about the case when they shouldnt have been, there are lots of questions unanswered.

He has always denied involvment and up to this day still does.

I think a retrial is in need!
Old 06 September 2006, 11:20 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Same here, I thought it was fairly obvious they were struggling to lock someone up for this when it happened.
For some odd reason I kept a cutting from The Telegraph reporting on the trial at the time where the judge in his summing up had advised the jury that circumstantial evidence could be valid in some circumstances...... hmmmm dl
Old 06 September 2006, 11:41 AM
Bones Gambino
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
What's the difference between a Jehovah Witness and Jill Dando's killer ??

Nothing, they both stand on your door step and do ya fcukin head in !!
Old 06 September 2006, 12:30 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on this, even if he didn't kill Jill Dando, the nutter should be put away anyway.

Early criminal convictions

It was revealed after his arrest for the Dando murder that he had on prior occasions been caught attempting to break into Kensington Palace while it was the home of Diana, Princess of Wales. He had been caught on one occasion hiding in the grounds wearing a balaclava and carrying a knife, and in possession of a self-authored poem to Prince Charles.

Police also discovered he had compiled lists with the addresses, descriptions, photographs and car registration numbers of almost one hundred women. Diana, Princess of Wales's was among them, but not apparently Jill Dando's.

In another incident, he posed as a police officer and had obtained false warrant cards. For this, he was arrested and taken to court, where he appeared in glam rock clothing and stated his name for the record to be Paul Gadd, the real name of Gary Glitter.

In 1981 in Derby he organised a stunt in which he jumped over a row of double decker buses on his rollerskates. Hundreds of tickets were sold for the event. Reportedly at the last moment, having seen the platform and ramp which had been constructed, he tried to back down but in the end managed to complete the leap.[1] From 1981 onwards, under the pseudonym of Steve Majors, he was convicted with assaulting many women and served twenty three months in jail for attempted rape, and various charges of assault and sexual harrasment.

Between 1981 and 1989. Barry George had also developed a fascination with weapons and had for a brief period been a member of the Territorial Army until failing his basic training. He also had an application refused to join a gun club for lack of a suitable referee.

A psychologist studying Barry George since his arrest for the Dando murder concluded that he was suffering from several different personality disorders, but apart from this he was of average intelligence. He had also been suffering from epilepsy and this was only discovered after his arrest and may have contributed to his mental problems.[1]