Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tales of woe!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2006, 10:56 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tales of woe!!!

Following on from Speye91's thread about a bad day at work - i thought i would post one of my worst days ever that happened a few months back and would like other Scoobynetters to post theirs.

I laugh about it now - but then i was almost suicidal

beat this if you can......

Lovely new Scoob which i had started modding, i spots some relly cheap wheels with tyres on ebay (Mcrae's) anyway i won the wheels for 80 quid - what a result i thought until i looked further at the advert - local pick up only which was Welwyn garden City (i live in Oldham Gtr Manchester)

I thought what a feckin' **** i am - so the bargain basement wheels that were 80 quid with fuel would turn out to become at least 100-120 quid.

So i set off and picked up said wheels - at least the day was nice. although i was still spitting blood at how feckin' thick i had been.

Now i'm quite a laid back guy until it comes to cars i.e. road rage or someone taunting me on the road i simply wont back down - even from SL55 Brabus Mercs that was sat on my a*se flashing his lights - so i pulled over he overtook and i gave chase.

Now one thing i learnt that day is that pretty standard 230bhp Scoobs are no match for a 550bhp+ Brabus SL Merc, he basically took the p*ss for at least 20-25 miles up the A1 - at speeds which i wont publish on here.

After having my *** handed to me on a plate i slowed to a more sedate speed and pulled in behind a 40ft truck.

Crikey thats a noisey bugger i thought - he pulled off yet the noise remained. Oh no i pulled over and after a phone call someone had told me my big ends had gone and not to drive any further - i was in Worksop Lincolnshire at the time.i called the RAC - and was seriously f**ked off at this point knowing that my 80 quid wheels had cost me an engine rebuild!!!

RAC man pulled up - dont worry we'll get you towed back, er hold on a minute you've got the wrong cover, you have homestart only and not recovery, to be towed back that will be 200 quid please!!! or we can leave you at teh side of this road near this dodgy McDonalds with a set of wheels in the back of your car.

So on the card 200 quid went RAC buggered off, at this point i could have cried i felt as if the s**t had ben kicked out of me.

A contracter came with a low loader - at least he was friendly enough but to be honest i did not want to talk to anybody at this point.

I got home feeling mentally and physically drained, i rung a Pal told him what had happened and he said he would pick me up and forget about today and go and get lashed.

gets togged up trying to forget about what had happened - i hear my friend pull up outside, i thought thank f**k i need a drink - to which the phone went 'Hi mate its Gary who dropped you off on the low loader before'

' i'm at home in Grimsby (Lincs) just thought i'd call you - you've left your wallet in my Cab!!!!'

FFS

Wheels of Ebay eventually cost £1920 after said repairs and RAC fee
Old 31 August 2006, 11:00 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

what bad day that is eh

moral of the story, dont buy a scoob, there crap lol

john
Old 31 August 2006, 11:03 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
what bad day that is eh

moral of the story, dont buy a scoob, there crap lol

john

Still got it mate - no the moral is dont be a smart a*se and take on Super Mercs, i learnt a harsh lesson that day, and Scoobs dont do sustained top speed runs
Old 31 August 2006, 11:17 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

jeezz, i feel i little better now.
Old 31 August 2006, 11:22 PM
speed demoness
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Still got it mate - no the moral is dont be a smart a*se and take on Super Mercs, i learnt a harsh lesson that day, and Scoobs dont do sustained top speed runs
thanks for the warning on that one chief!
*Kaz makes mental note to self... don't take on fast mercs or i'll blow engine*

bloody expensive set of wheels there tho
Old 31 August 2006, 11:22 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief

with a long enough stretch of road and some ***** of steel, you woud have been able to crawl past him when he hit the limiter lol
Old 31 August 2006, 11:36 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
with a long enough stretch of road and some ***** of steel, you woud have been able to crawl past him when he hit the limiter lol

Yeah in 3rd