da matta, oh deer

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2006, 08:39 PM
si325i
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default da matta, oh deer

Da Matta badly injured in crash
Brazilian Cristiano da Matta had surgery to remove a ruptured blood vessel in his head after a collision with a deer during Champ Car testing.
The former F1 driver, 32, is in intensive care after the crash at the Elkhart Lake track in Wisconsin.

Da Matta remains unconscious and under observation in intensive care, said a spokesman for his RuSport team.

Da Matta, who left Champ Car to race for Toyota in F1 in 2003-4, has won 12 Champ Car races and the 2002 title.

Eye-witness reports suggest da Matta hit the deer head on, with the stricken animal bouncing into his head while his car careered into the barriers at full speed.

Cristiano was always a fighter and everyone involved in the team wishes him the best as he fights for his recovery
Toyota F1 team statement

Champ Car's medical director Chris Pinderski said: "After arriving at Theda Clark Medical Center, a CT scan showed Cristiano had suffered a subdural hematoma.
"He was urgently taken to the operating room for surgical removal of the hematoma and is now being observed in the intensive care unit."

Da Matta competed in 28 grands prix for Toyota, scoring 13 points.

The Toyota team issued a statement from the Hungaroring, venue for this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

It read: "When he was with Toyota, Cristiano was always a fighter and everyone involved in the team wishes him the best as he fights for his recovery."

Da Matta's RuSport team have withdrawn his team-mate, Yorkshireman Justin Wilson, from the remainder of the testing session.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/spo...rt/5244386.stm

Published: 2006/08/04 06:34:24 GMT

© BBC MMVI
Old 05 August 2006, 10:37 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Shame is that, I used to love shouting "wassa da matta" many many times when he was racing because I am very immature and a tad mad...
Old 05 August 2006, 03:41 PM
kammy
Scooby Regular

The tittle of the thread is just wrong IMHO.
A good sense of humour but he may die, just my 2p.

Hope he recovers'.