Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ref. CK1 - No flies at the ring - it's official.

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2001, 12:04 AM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Deer Hunter.
You an me both m8..... name's Hughes too...Spooky eh? ..... How's trade ?
Old 15 May 2001, 12:49 AM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cant go anywhere without being seen.
Hows Panic in the porche???
Old 15 May 2001, 12:59 AM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Do What ?
Old 15 May 2001, 08:47 AM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just finished off CK @the ring vid that arrived yesterday and it is official that stef has collected every fly in the area on his windscreen, rumour has it they are extinct , if you havn't seen the vid get it!!! , if anyone wants a pirate copy send me £100 , i will give it to stef to take me next time he goes !!! I am looking forward to attending a track day soon but it wont be as fast as that i think!!
Old 15 May 2001, 10:35 AM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Like Deer Hunter,I too watched CK1, last night..... Awesome !!
Stef.. if you're out there? A little more commentary would have been good Also, have you had any reports back about the poor sound quality. I had to track up the tape several times during viewing, to get the sound to work at all, then it was very "Fuzzy" ...
Old 15 May 2001, 10:47 AM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Cool

Looked good on my 9ft screen!!!
Sounds great through home cinema amp!

Stef - Any way of getting MPH on the screen - say an electronic readout on dash above the guages!!!

Old 15 May 2001, 01:05 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Red face

Obviously not the same hughes i was thinking of (he owns a porche and does some DJing - hence the name mixit! , sorry for confusion!

[This message has been edited by DeerHunter (edited 15 May 2001).]

Trending Topics

Old 15 May 2001, 01:08 PM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Snow problem.... As I was saying, how's trade with you at the mo? Do you supply the Trade?
Old 15 May 2001, 01:09 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Question

Now you have lost me????
Old 15 May 2001, 01:15 PM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Sorry m8, I thought you were in the same biz as me.... You said "Computer Retailer" in another thread, so i was just giving a bit of banter about trade in general and whether or not you just supply Jo punter or also trade sales?

[This message has been edited by mixit (edited 15 May 2001).]
Old 15 May 2001, 01:24 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys.
As you already know, I had no idea that the video would be so popular. It was intended for use by a few people that wanted to get a feel for the track before going themselves. Had I have known from the off how successful it was going to be I would have obviously done some things differently. Hopefully these will be addressed for the next one.
I have learned the fly lesson, and you won't see any on the new video.
Regarding commentary, I'm still undecided. Would people rather hear the car, the car and my voice, music, or a bit of everything?? The next video will definitely have some music, and I may well do commentary on one lap explaining where on the track I am, speed, etc. The speedo is now completely visible on the new footage, but goes dark in some areas. I am looking at lighting the dash area up in the future. Putting a digital readout on the screen maybe a bit too difficult, but I'll see. I wanted to put a map of the circuit up as well.

mixit.
I haven't had any complaints about sound, it should be perfect. I'd guess it's your system!

I may wait until after the next trip in June before releasing the next video, I'm undecided yet.
If anyone has any other suggestions on how to improve your viewing pleasure on the next video, please let me know (and pleae, don't ask for any **** clips! ).

Stef.
Old 15 May 2001, 01:33 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Stef you need to talk to Simon DB about some power chords and riffs from the scoobynet axemen .

cheers

chrisp (who has a guitar and cant play )

[This message has been edited by chrisp (edited 15 May 2001).]
Old 15 May 2001, 01:52 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

mixit - sorry m8 was eatin lunch in muppet mode! , didnt know you were into the computer game!!!, things are quiet but steady!! , How big is your company?? We can do trade and are fairly competitive with local trade suppliers.
Email me at acecomputers@blueyonder.co.uk

Regards
Old 15 May 2001, 02:05 PM
RaymondH
Scooby Regular

Cool

Got mine yesterday (thanks Scoobyshop for the quick service) and watched it last night. What can I say but big respect, Stef!! For 90 minutes I had a silly grin plastered on my face and it was still there at bedtime I was thinking as I watched it that it would be very interesting to know what the speeds were and I see that that has already been mentioned. One of the attractions was listening to the car all the time so PLEASE DON'T drown everything out with music - particularly of the appalling thump thump variety - like Duke did with their Impreza video which I have to watch with the sound turned right down. Roll on the sequel........

Raymond.
Old 15 May 2001, 02:23 PM
2wdcossie
Scooby Regular

stef,

i'd prefer to hear you & engine over a soundtrack. perhaps do both but not together.

having looked at the clips you put up on RSOC where Mike R sh@ts himself in the back "f@ckin' ell, you got that on film??" as you take off, that clip is great but you dont actually comprehend how quick you were (120 i think u said) until you see the other clip looking from the side of the track. the 2 porky's look well puffy compared. i hope theres gonna be some out car camera action as well as in car on the next vid.

is CK back in action for your June outing then?? take it the damage at Castle wasnt too bad after all?? i saw the damage thanks to Simon

PS oh and add some **** clips
Old 15 May 2001, 07:32 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Cool.
I was thinking of keeping the full laps music free, perhaps some voice-over on one or two of them. The shorter clips in-between could perhaps use music, as this would break up the silence to some degree?
Still awaiting other tapes before deciding whether to get it out before or after the next trip in June.

2wdcos.
It should be back on the road in a few weeks.

Stef.
Old 15 May 2001, 09:37 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

Stef, i had a word with Joel re the tapes the other night. thay are nearly done now.

I am picking my VHS version up when over in a couple of weeks and if you havent recieved the Digi copies by then i'll grab those too.

It would be pretty good fun to do a side by side lap of our 2 cars in split screen mode as we had similar lap times yet we were very diferent in certain sections. You have free access to the tapes from my onboard m8.

It would make interesting viewing i think.

As to voice overs, keep it to a minimum, one of the good things about tape 1 is its all natural stuff, no trying to teach, just doing.