Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Orlando Theme Park Tickets.

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2006, 09:22 AM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Orlando Theme Park Tickets.

Anyone know the best place to buy Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, etc. tickets in the UK? Going to Florida on October and heard its better to buy them here 1st.
Old 17 July 2006, 09:31 AM
FX02
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it makes much difference. You can buy tickets from the gates at these places, and can get 2 and 3 different park passes at a good price if you buy them at the same time. Also you may notice while you are there that outside supermarkets can be found booths where they will buy and sell part used tickets for the theme parks.

Go to Discovery Cove, and swim with the dolphins. You need to book this in advance though (preferably from the UK)
Old 17 July 2006, 09:45 AM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

I went last Nov and personally I found the best place to buy them was from travel agents etc over there. Also your hotel should do some sort of discounts too. As FX says the booths outsice supermarkets etc can do good offers!! I would wait till you get there and shop around and you'll save a fortune!

Have a good time mate. I'm jealous!!!
Old 17 July 2006, 09:51 AM
maddog321
Scooby Regular

I went a couple of years ago and purchased a hopper pass at the entrance to one of the parks. i couldnt find them any cheaper elsewhere but I've been told since they are cheaper if you get them online!
Old 17 July 2006, 12:23 PM
LC Geezer
Scooby Regular

Went 5 yrs ago and bought tickets here in advance. We were mighty peeved to find them cheaper in our hotel.
Old 17 July 2006, 12:43 PM
Criss
Scooby Regular

YOu can get entry to 5 parks for somthing like £120 or maybe less
just chose your parks it works out like £150 cheaper!

Not sure where from, my lady will know, il get her to post later
Old 17 July 2006, 11:49 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Be carefull when buying them from places in hotels/outside super markets. Most of the ones out side super markets are to do with time shares etc, once you get talking to them you then find out why they are cheaper (you normally have to go to some meeting and listen to someone go on about buying an apartment or whatever for a few hours). You never see anyone buying from these places either, well we never have, which would beg the question if they are so cheap how come no one is there snapping their hands off???

Been to florida a few times in the last few years and done the parks etc. We have normally just brought the tickets at the gates to the parks. They were about $55 or so per park when we went last year.

You can also get hopper passes too which is one ticket but gets you into more than one park. These are about the only time when you will make a saving.

Even buying from your travel agent rep while over there (we had one at our hotel and was from Thomas Cook at the time) we didn't think there was much of a saving, as they normally try to sell you a 5 day ticket or you have to go on particluar days etc.

So you will probably do just as well to get them over there and pickup a few park hopper passes.

Have fun anyway!!!

Trending Topics

Old 17 July 2006, 11:57 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers for the info. guys. Staying at the "out-laws" villa so maybe check out the Hopper Tickets as I`ve heard other people talk about them. Can`t wait!!!!!

stiscooby - Thanks for the heads up on the Time Share stuff.
Old 17 July 2006, 11:59 PM
Lord Shrek
Scooby Regular

seaworld and universal are the only ones worth visiting..forget the disney rubbish

case dismissed
Old 18 July 2006, 06:54 AM
type-r-stan
Scooby Regular

i always buy from undercovertourist.com found them to be very good and the cheapest.
if you want to go to planet hollywood they also sell 10 dollar vouchers for there which get you to the front of the queue and you redeem the 10 bucks against your meal..
have you sorted car hire? i use yescarhire.com and found their package including insurance to be cheaper than the 'free' car with tour operator flydrives etc.. and cheaper than booking direct with alamo which is the company they use.
Old 18 July 2006, 07:09 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

screw the cost, get one of these babys from Hertz

2006 Mustang GT-H Hertz Racer

A modern-day take on the Shelby 1966 GT350 "Rent-A-Racer" program, Hertz will be adding approximately 500 Shelby GT-Hs this summer to major airport rental lots scattered around the nation.

Along with its boldly striped black-and-gold exterior, the Shelby GT-H features a Shelby Automobiles performance hood and a unique front fascia and side scoops to help distinguish the racy rental from a standard Mustang GT. If you miss the bodywork, a numbered dash badge with Carroll Shelby's signature is prominently displayed to recall the GT-H's heritage.

Pumping up the power, Ford's racing group supplies engine modifications to the Mustang GT's standard 4.6-liter V8, including a 90mm cold air kit and a muffler kit to bump power 25 horsepower to 325 hp. Torque also gets a 10 pound-feet boost to 330. The only transmission available is a five-speed automatic, but there's a shorter 3.55:1 ratio rear axle to help liven things up.

The racing division's handling package includes special dampers, lowering springs, sway bars and a strut tower brace.