Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Doesn't that just pi$$ you off

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2006, 04:11 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doesn't that just pi$$ you off

Brought a new 42" plasma for crimbo, switched it on today at just after 2pm and 15 minutes later it went bang,
No picture just sound, im now watching the Brazil game on a little telly
Old 27 June 2006, 04:13 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

gutted for you mate is it under warranty still?
Old 27 June 2006, 04:16 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
gutted for you mate is it under warranty still?
oh yes, but they ain't gonna get it fixed for Saturday though

mind you, plus side is i might be allowed down the local now to watch it
Old 27 June 2006, 04:19 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Unlucky mate. my gf's dad is an electronics engineer and he has a stack of plasma tv's waiting to be disposed off as the reality of it is once out of warranty they are not worth fixing.
Old 27 June 2006, 04:21 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Unlucky mate. my gf's dad is an electronics engineer and he has a stack of plasma tv's waiting to be disposed off as the reality of it is once out of warranty they are not worth fixing.
really ?

best make sure my accidental damage insurance is upto date when the warranty runs out
Old 27 June 2006, 04:29 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Dazza01
really ?

best make sure my accidental damage insurance is upto date when the warranty runs out
The screen goes you are in pooh pooh mate can cost upto £400-£500 to fix and for a 3 year old TV its not worth it. Also gets a load in, people having moved house and laid their screens flat coming in wondering why they are fooked.
They can be very temperamental,when plasmas first came out some that were transported by air were turning up fooked even though they were brand new, something to do with the un pressurized cabins fookin up the screens.
Old 27 June 2006, 05:12 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

My 42" plasma conked out so they came and collected it, after 3 months I finally got it back, we made numerous phone calls to them, they called me to ask if it was ok to be delivered. 2 weeks later it still had not arrived, it turns out they had sent it via courier to the wrong address which incidentally did not exist. It took them 2 weeks to figure it out, did they call me to confirm teh address? nope of course not. When I did get it back it arrived via TNT with one rather small bloke to deliver it, I had to help him hump it out the van.

When I unpacked it the feet were missing, so went into work and called them, they said they would ship them out in a few days as we where having a bank holiday at the time.

after 3 weeks and a few phone calls still no feet had arrived, we called some more and they said they had a record of the feet being missing but had not done anything about it. After a few more days we called again and were told there was no record of us calling them and if I wanted the feet for my 3k plasm tv I would need to fill out a form they would send me then once they received it back they would order and ship the feet for me. So far the form has not turned up and neither have the feet. so after 4 months I still do not have a complete TV. I currently have it sitting on the floor leaning against the wall. So my living room is currently looking like a bomb site as teh table my tv stands on is not where it should be and neither are my DVD racks etc

So much for German efficiency eh. I have met some ******* useless companies in my life but this one takes the biscuit for ****e customer service.

Trending Topics

Old 27 June 2006, 06:05 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

3k for a plasma alytouth I paid £750 for a dvd player when they first came out
Old 27 June 2006, 10:32 PM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
My 42" plasma conked out so they came and collected it, after 3 months I finally got it back, we made numerous phone calls to them, they called me to ask if it was ok to be delivered. 2 weeks later it still had not arrived, it turns out they had sent it via courier to the wrong address which incidentally did not exist. It took them 2 weeks to figure it out, did they call me to confirm teh address? nope of course not. When I did get it back it arrived via TNT with one rather small bloke to deliver it, I had to help him hump it out the van.

When I unpacked it the feet were missing, so went into work and called them, they said they would ship them out in a few days as we where having a bank holiday at the time.

after 3 weeks and a few phone calls still no feet had arrived, we called some more and they said they had a record of the feet being missing but had not done anything about it. After a few more days we called again and were told there was no record of us calling them and if I wanted the feet for my 3k plasm tv I would need to fill out a form they would send me then once they received it back they would order and ship the feet for me. So far the form has not turned up and neither have the feet. so after 4 months I still do not have a complete TV. I currently have it sitting on the floor leaning against the wall. So my living room is currently looking like a bomb site as teh table my tv stands on is not where it should be and neither are my DVD racks etc

So much for German efficiency eh. I have met some ******* useless companies in my life but this one takes the biscuit for ****e customer service.
So who should I be avoiding when my wonga goes to the shop?
Name and shame please...
Joolz
Old 28 June 2006, 01:22 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

couldnt happen to a better bloke.
So, ill see you down the commercial sat night?
Old 28 June 2006, 01:28 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Only one company I would buy a plasma from. John Lewis offer a 5yr guarantee as standard, and are very efficient with repairs/replacements from the reports I've read on www.avforums.com . They aren't the cheapest, but do offer price matching providing it's a store (not just web based) and they actually have available stock of the set you're buying. There's info and guides as well as recommendations of places to get lower prices matched over on avforums too.
Old 28 June 2006, 09:12 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

3k for a plasma alytouth I paid £750 for a dvd player when they first came out
That was 3k in euros not pounds.
Old 28 June 2006, 09:13 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by jbryant
So who should I be avoiding when my wonga goes to the shop?
Name and shame please...
Joolz
I live in Germany so can't really comment on who to name and shame in the UK.
Old 28 June 2006, 11:20 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
mind you, plus side is i might be allowed down the local now to watch it
Read this earlier, and found it quite amusing (and very true!):

It's an age-old dilemma: to watch the England match with mates in a living room or your choice, or all bundle down to the local pub.

WorldCup365 was persuaded to try out option B on Sunday, and found ten flaws:

1) It is a universal law embraced by all landlords that while an England match will produce a vast surge in the number of customers, the number of personnel behind the bar must remain consistent with any other day, thus resulting in the longest and most impatient queue since the Bank of England announced it was handing out free money.

2) People still believe that throwing pints to greet England goals is 'wacky' behaviour, bound to create a good laugh.

3) The tallest man in the pub will, without fail, stand directly in front of the 'Big Screen'. He will also be deaf.

4) Should you wrangle a position from which to see the television by standing adjacent to a slot-machine, another patron will announce mid-way through the match, or at half-time, that he wants to spend an alternative penny.

5) Whilst a shout of "Beckham, you c**t" within two seconds of the kick-off is reasonably amusing, it does lose its appeal after the eleventh airing within the opening ten minutes.

6) Upon the first voiced criticism of a Chelski player, it will quickly become apparent where those British citizens subject to a banning order during the World Cup are watching the tournament.

7) Other than noticing the frequency with which goalkeeper Paul Robinson kicks the ball directly back to his counterpart, it's surprisingly difficult to follow the match in a packed pub. Interminable protection of your pint from stray elbows is a practical and essential distraction.

8) It is a second law of World Cup pubs that every licensed premises must host at least one member of the female species attempting to ingratiate herself with 'the lads' by loudly repeating a few comments that sound suspiciously similar to those published in that morning's newspapers. Whilst it may be possible to ignore her, it is impossible not to hear her. She's bound to be a minger too.

9) Four pints later, an awakening of the loins prompts a few thoughts along the lines of 'actually, I would', even though you know you probably shouldn't.

10) The leg-weariness caused by standing upright for two hours without a break isn't just an irritation - it's also a worrying indication that you are getting old.

Old 28 June 2006, 08:15 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by watto52
couldnt happen to a better bloke.
So, ill see you down the commercial sat night?
pmsl, i knew you'd pop up somewhere and yes you just might even though its across the road from my local
Old 28 June 2006, 09:47 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

any with ok screens??? my screen has burn, and im after a replacement

Mart