Englands football heros? Don't make me laugh

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2006, 05:08 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Englands football heros? Don't make me laugh

So england beat some 3rd world football south american team, and now they are elavated to heros UTTER BULL ****E!

It is disturbing how loosley the term "hero" is bounded around these days

They should use these examples before elavating some jumped up poof to hero status.

Sorry but have been watching ww2 week and after seeing cases of sergants diving onto grenades to save their troops, and privates manning a machine gun despite having a leg blown off so the rest of his division could get away. and the soilder who ,despite having his arm blown off managed to run into no mans land and save an 18 month old baby, I feel the word "hero " is used to freely today.
We would not be here people driving Our fast cars and getting drunk every week ,not to mention all the other freedoms we enjoy were it not for the true heros of this country.
Old 26 June 2006, 08:05 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofturds
It is disturbing how loosley the term "hero" is bounded around these days

They should use these examples before elavating some jumped up poof to hero status.

Sorry but have been watching ww2 week and after seeing cases of sergants diving onto grenades to save their troops, and privates manning a machine gun despite having a leg blown off so the rest of his division could get away. and the soilder who ,despite having his arm blown off managed to run into no mans land and save an 18 month old baby, I feel the word "hero " is used to freely today.
We would not be here people driving Our fast cars and getting drunk every week ,not to mention all the other freedoms we enjoy were it not for the true heros of this country.
Yep well said KOT - pis$es me off when papers describe footballers as "heros" and even "brave heros" - wtf?!!!

I enjoy watching the games, but it is only a game at the end of the day - and many of the players are just gready tw@ts.
Old 26 June 2006, 08:12 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

spot on KOT! people take everything for granted really, would it be so free if hitler had won the war?

As for the football, well we scraped through again, portugal next and I dont fancy our chances.
Old 26 June 2006, 08:12 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Yep well said KOT - pis$es me off when papers describe footballers as "heros" and even "brave heros" - wtf?!!!

I enjoy watching the games, but it is only a game at the end of the day - and many of the players are just gready tw@ts.
Who fall over in agony if you sneeze within 30ft of the wives Prada handbag..

There are exceptions but most of our "hero's" are hair gelled prima donna's..
Old 26 June 2006, 09:58 AM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I don't know of any profession (with the exception of a board member of a failing PLC) where people get so hideously remunerated regardless of their performance. Stick the lot of them on a basic of £2K a week (still way too much IMO) and make them earn the rest according to how they perform.

I don't follow football but even a blind man can see that these 'superstars' have no motivation whatsover, possibly with the exception of the much younger set who still enjoy playing the game.

'The Beautiful Game'? - don't make me laugh.

Cheers
Kav
Old 26 June 2006, 10:52 AM
Drnaz_2000
Scooby Regular

totally agree with every comment.....just wish the rest of the population felt the same.
Old 26 June 2006, 11:19 AM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

they are not paid to win...they are paid to generate revenue, and they do.

Rhino (never seen a game of footie in my life)
Old 26 June 2006, 11:25 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just heard Beckham Is englands hero on the radio, he scores a goal and then pukes up as it is too much for him wow
Old 26 June 2006, 11:29 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Just heard Beckham Is englands hero on the radio, he scores a goal and then pukes up as it is too much for him wow
What an embarrassment to our country............................
Old 26 June 2006, 11:47 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well said KOT, the examples of real and selfless courage demonstrated by those VC and GC holders make those sportsmen hailed as heroes look positively puny. Also there are many others who have not been honoured with medals. The days of WW2 were dark indeed and we were saved from a repressive and viciously evil government not only by the brave servicemen who gave or risked their lives, but also those incredibly brave people in SOE and the resistance movements who risked dreadful torture and death to preserve our freedom.

England did at least play a bit better yesterday but a long long way from what could be classed as a starring performance. We are very lucky to have a man of Beckham's natural ability to produce accurate cross passes and shots like his yesterday. Also someone of Ashley Cole's persistence which enabled him to deflect that shot over the crossbar. I was delighted to see the win but it will take more than luck to do it next time.

Les
Old 26 June 2006, 12:03 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Wink

Paula Radcliff on the other hand.....

Old 26 June 2006, 12:24 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Was still funny when Robinson punched Ferdinand on the back of the head instead of the ball.Told you there is a God.

Needs a haircut that lad .
Old 26 June 2006, 12:30 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by lozgti
Was still funny when Robinson punched Ferdinand on the back of the head instead of the ball.Told you there is a God.

Needs a haircut that lad .
Bet he had the urge to keep punching...................
Old 26 June 2006, 12:57 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz
I don't follow football but even a blind man can see that these 'superstars' have no motivation whatsover, possibly with the exception of the much younger set who still enjoy playing the game.

'The Beautiful Game'? - don't make me laugh.

Cheers
Kav
In a nutshell, unfortunately.
Old 26 June 2006, 01:01 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The word HERO is used pathetically these days .....

Pete
Old 26 June 2006, 01:15 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

We would, but the fast cars would be volkswagens, we would be speaking German, there would be no need for a Champion's League, and we wouldn't have had to help America to invade Iraq to maintain the special relationship. That's not to denigrate the heroes but my take on the probable state of the UK 60 years after the end of WW2.
Old 26 June 2006, 01:41 PM
brybusa
Scooby Regular

Picking up on the WW” theme…….I met a veteran in Arnhem on the 60th anniversary remembrance, over I drink he said to me “the country may well be in a better state now if we had lost and been under German rule”…a lot of the vets agreed.

At home he cant wear his medals except on formal occasions as the kids take the mick out of him and try and swipe them…Walking around the town in Holland, all the locals, young and old, where shaking his hand, young kids where asking him to sign autograph books ..It was shocking contrast to the experiences he has back home, made me very sad

As for the footie, I hope they do well, each time I go out on the bike for a ride when there playing the roads are very quiet…to quote Mick Doohan..”ball sports suck”
Old 26 June 2006, 01:46 PM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

That's because we are fed such drivel by our media, who blow hot and cold at the drop of a hat.
Old 26 June 2006, 01:48 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

You wouldn't want to be under German rule, they have enough trouble running their own country let alone ours aswell.

I will admit though that it is nice here in as much as the kids are polite and property and possesions are respected.

I have no idea what has gone wrong in the UK but can't see it getting any better as long as there are Human rights laws and PC busybodies dictating the way we live.
Old 26 June 2006, 07:40 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Agree Wurzel.
Incidently...
I was with the 80,000 in Stuttgart. Although we won - we knew we had played badly. It was a very quiet considering. Someone even started chanting We´re all in a f*cking libary. Which summed up the mood.

Steve
Old 26 June 2006, 08:03 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

i fell asleep during the first half of the match lol
Old 27 June 2006, 12:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Dead right Wurzel. It is a pleasure to meet well behaved continental children.

Les