Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Burnt Out Excavator

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2006, 10:11 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Burnt Out Excavator

Just got some pictures back of an excavator (Komatsu PC 130 - 7 for those in the know) that we had recovered this week - I just can't believe the mentality of some people

What sort of cretin sets fire to a £45k machine

Machine is only 4 months old and has gone back to Komatsu in Leeds - looks like a right off. It was on hire in Bradley, near Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, and was set alight on Saturday night (17th)

I'd love to meet the ******* that did this

Old 22 June 2006, 10:45 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

Last year near where I live in Baldock (Herts) the new bypass was delayed because some morons decided to set fire to construction equipment, doing a total of £60k damage.

Just a pity they can't watch whilst all their own worldly goods are burnt, followed by 10 years labour to repay the cost of the damage they've done...
Old 22 June 2006, 10:48 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Mindless cretins They don't bother to think how their actions are going to affect others....
Old 22 June 2006, 11:15 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Kids or one of the "not in my back garden" bunch

My Dad was a building contractor, the plant always used to get targeted by the kids normally stones, air rifles plinking and graffiti.

Overnight they all had to have the cabs covered up with steel clad covers.

The adults usually saw any building site as a free for all to steal whatever they could lay their hand on, and thus leave the plant alone (unless it was small and light enough to go in the back of a transit).
Old 22 June 2006, 11:33 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Stupid.. there is something about construction sites that attracts kids though. Used to live climbing around half-finished houses with my mates as a wee nipper. Didn't burn anything though (honest guv!)
Old 23 June 2006, 10:10 AM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

You have my sympathy

Just before I left England
We were doing a particularly harsh commercial landscaping job. Within 24 hours all our tools and plant was stolen some out of large steel tool bins with several heavy duty locks on. (I know these guys are proffesionals and will get past anything). Totaly gutting - as if the job wasn´t ******* hard enough!The week before a hole had been cut through the side of the building in our yard and everything taken....Then some pikeys turn up offering us stolen generators. The new palnt is hidden on a farm round the corner..which has just had a whole brand new roof removed overnight the previous week! I dont want to live in an environment like this.

This was one of the last straws... I now live in Germany.

People here seem to have a bit more respect for property here. Far less theft and stuff left lying around more I have noticed on sites. It is not totaly a bed of roses - stuff does disappear often in the direction of Poland. But this primarily seems to be luxury cars.

Steve

Last edited by Steve Whitehorn; 23 June 2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 23 June 2006, 12:55 PM
lawson101
Scooby Regular

Im dealing with a claim where a flat-bed truck was burnt out costing us around £11k, I now have a private investigator watching the ****** that did it as im going to arrest his wages to recover the loss.

Chav-scum comes to mind.
Old 23 June 2006, 01:02 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Shame the little ****s were not in it at the time.

When I used to work with my dad we had to wach our tools like a hawk. Once lost over A £1000's worth of tools in a weekend after some ****** broke into the site and crow barred the lock off were we were keeping our stuff. 2 weeks later his transformer turned up at the local cash converters, they had not even bothered removing his initals off it
Pikey scum used to turn up with a transit on a weekend an nick all our scrap copper as well theiving barstewards.

Last edited by kingofturds; 23 June 2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 23 June 2006, 02:39 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Kids or one of the "not in my back garden" bunch

My Dad was a building contractor, the plant always used to get targeted by the kids normally stones, air rifles plinking and graffiti.

Overnight they all had to have the cabs covered up with steel clad covers.

The adults usually saw any building site as a free for all to steal whatever they could lay their hand on, and thus leave the plant alone (unless it was small and light enough to go in the back of a transit).
The machine was parked up in front of the lock up cabins with the bucket in front of the door to stop pikeys breaking in...it looks like they fired the machine as they couldn't get into the cabins
Old 23 June 2006, 02:44 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bloody chavs!!!
Old 23 June 2006, 02:46 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

If there is nothing to nick they usually end up vandalising the place pikey scum! if they couldnt nick anything they used to kick the stud walls in for a laugh
Old 23 June 2006, 03:44 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Inside job? Is there anything to make on Insurance?
Old 23 June 2006, 04:10 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Inside job? Is there anything to make on Insurance?

Machine was hired out to construction company - absolutley no benefit to be had at all...
Old 23 June 2006, 04:56 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plant is always a problem you just cant leave it anywhere.
When ever I hire diggers and the like I always remove it away from site unless it can be locked away.
A lot goes missing from around these parts but i guess its the same everywhere
As you said though whats the point of burning it.
Old 23 June 2006, 05:21 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Fu*king scumbags ,just no respect for other people or their property,it makes me sick to the stomach.I've been on the receiving end of pikey scum theft,they should put the ******* down at birth! The thing is if they do get caught they get fooking 10 minutes community service for destroying a 45k machine,that peoples livelyhoods depend on,whereas if they held a post office up for that amount they would get 8 years. It just doesn't make sense??
Old 23 June 2006, 06:43 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember being with some kids messing about on a bit of waste ground and there were a fleet of 5 or 6 tipper trucks, big ones, one was open and we got in and pretended to be truck drivers, a couple of the older ones werent content with this and smashed all the dials, shredded the seats, for no reason, I just scarpered as I didnt want any part of it, I remember the aggro my dad had fixing his speedo cable in his Capri when it went so I kind of new that someone was going to have a hard time repairing them.
Old 23 June 2006, 07:25 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Little b*stards.
Old 23 June 2006, 07:46 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Pikeys stole the gearbox out our truck the once. Would have been easier to nick to whole truck Mind, they did nick the whole truck a few years later
Old 23 June 2006, 07:58 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Same ones ??
Old 23 June 2006, 08:05 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Probably, we had pikeys come around offering to take 2k's worth of scrap copper of us for a £100 like they were doing us a favour we kindly told them to **** off. we then come back from the weekend to find our scrap mysteriously missing
Old 23 June 2006, 08:07 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Couldn't be sure.

The offices had a break in a few months back. They broke in the rear compound and crowbarred the back roller shutters.

They got in the Recepetion via the store room, to which the alarm went off - which is connected to the fire-alarm bells, which make a right din inside. They must have panicked, as they ripped the central heating thermostat off the wall

What was even dafter is they tried breaking OUT through the front door, of which there was another set of shutters Surely it would be better to go out the way they came in - feejits

They didn't take anything as the office was just full of junk and paperwork, nothing of value except a photocopier that weighs half a ton, a racked off fax machone and Pentium 90 computer