Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

trying to turn right from a side road........

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2006, 11:15 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to turn right from a side road........

any one else come across this new trend?
In the past couple of weeks three drivers have used the space I have created by pulling to the middle of the road, to drive along side me, then indicate right and drive around the front as I am pulling out

Last night a guy in his mid 50's driving a new Toyota, does exactly this and as I am half way across the main road is about to drive into the side of me...as I look across in dis-belief he then starts swearing and gesticulating at me as if its my fault What the hell is wrong with people, that they cant wait an extra 10 seconds and would rather risk a serious accident than be patient.
Old 20 June 2006, 11:20 AM
Reality
BANNED

Careful - Paul Palmer will vape this .

Are you saying these cars are pulling up beside you as you're waiting to turn right and going before you - ore something else

Could be time for a ScoobyNet Picture
Old 20 June 2006, 11:27 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
Careful - Paul Palmer will vape this .

Are you saying these cars are pulling up beside you as you're waiting to turn right and going before you - ore something else

Could be time for a ScoobyNet Picture
Yes, by making room for cars to filter along side me so they can turn left onto the main road. Its the ones who are using this space to then try and turn right that really **** me off
Old 20 June 2006, 11:34 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by RichWalk
Yes, by making room for cars to filter along side me so they can turn left onto the main road. Its the ones who are using this space to then try and turn right that really **** me off
Can't say I've seen that sort of driving anywhere

I think it would probably **** me off too.

Unless of course you're waiting for a 2 mile gap in the traffic to pull out - which I'm sure you're not .
Old 20 June 2006, 11:40 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Maybe you could have gone a lot sooner in the eyes of the other drivers and so they drive up to the front to show you how it should be done?

I know I've done it a couple of times at roundabouts when I've queued correctly about 4 cars back, only to watch the first car sit like a fárt. I've changed lanes and driven up straight onto the roundabout and gone about my business.
Old 20 June 2006, 11:51 AM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Maybe you could have gone a lot sooner in the eyes of the other drivers and so they drive up to the front to show you how it should be done?

I know I've done it a couple of times at roundabouts when I've queued correctly about 4 cars back, only to watch the first car sit like a fárt. I've changed lanes and driven up straight onto the roundabout and gone about my business.
In certain situations I could agree, however the road(s) in question have a side road opposite so basically you have peeps turning left and right from the main road then peeps trying to do the same from both side roads. Last night we were in a queue of 4-5 cars trying to go left or right.There is also (appart from basic safety) something called common courtesy, which does on occasion apply to such senarios, if you choose to ignore of flaunt the opposite view then you eventually be the one either hitting someone or attacking a motorist because of your own lack of self discipline.
Old 20 June 2006, 12:21 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

In certain situations I could agree, however the road(s) in question have a side road opposite so basically you have peeps turning left and right from the main road then peeps trying to do the same from both side roads. Last night we were in a queue of 4-5 cars trying to go left or right.There is also (appart from basic safety) something called common courtesy, which does on occasion apply to such senarios, if you choose to ignore of flaunt the opposite view then you eventually be the one either hitting someone or attacking a motorist because of your own lack of self discipline.
In this situation it does sound futile and unnecessary if you were'nt asleep on the job in hand, as you say.

Common courtesy however extends both ways. I will allow somebody a fair time to pull out, i.e courtesy.

I'm buggered if I'll extend it to feed their uselessness and their lack of courtesy towards me.
Old 20 June 2006, 12:36 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Rich - I've told you that you need to paint double-yellow lines around that conservatory of yours - stops people from trying to park alongside it
Old 20 June 2006, 12:51 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
In this situation it does sound futile and unnecessary if you were'nt asleep on the job in hand, as you say.

Common courtesy however extends both ways. I will allow somebody a fair time to pull out, i.e courtesy.

I'm buggered if I'll extend it to feed their uselessness and their lack of courtesy towards me.
Totally agree

Duck, be quiet
Old 20 June 2006, 02:41 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

This has never happened to me but I have seen it done to several other people, because there is a "nervous nelly" or "nervouse nigel" at the front. Sounds like you are a nervous driver if this has happend 3 times in so many weeks!
Old 20 June 2006, 04:02 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
This has never happened to me but I have seen it done to several other people, because there is a "nervous nelly" or "nervouse nigel" at the front. Sounds like you are a nervous driver if this has happend 3 times in so many weeks!
yes very much so, I drive with my handbrake and indicators on most of the time too..............
Old 20 June 2006, 04:09 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

yes very much so, I drive with my handbrake and indicators on most of the time too..............
It's always nice to find a solution to a problem.

Good luck.
Old 20 June 2006, 04:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There is no excuse for trying to turn in front of you RichWalk, that is truly bad behaviour.

Les
Old 20 June 2006, 04:22 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Last night a guy in his mid 80's driving a new Toyota, trundles round my car as I am half way across the main road waiting for a "HUGE" gap to pull into, he was almost about to drive into the side of me when i finally decided to pull out...as I look across in dis-belief he then starts swearing and gesticulating while waving his walking stick at me, as if its my fault! What the hell is wrong with people, that they cant wait an extra 10 seconds and would rather risk a serious accident than be patient.

The above would of been much more funny! and maybe nearer to the mark!

Old 20 June 2006, 04:29 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
The above would of been much more funny! and maybe nearer to the mark!

LOL, I would have been in total hysterics had he wipped the side of car out, would have been an absolute pleasure to add this cost to my 4 figure service at Audi today.