Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barbecued Butterflied Lamb -

http://www.thatsmyhome.com/bbqpit/bu...eg-of-lamb.htm
Old 07 June 2006, 10:00 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Have you tried Sausages,Burgers,Chicken,Steak???

That should help you a bit ,ohh and dont forget the Barby itself it helps

Mick
Old 07 June 2006, 10:01 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

DOH!
Old 07 June 2006, 10:06 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

20 economy burgers and some Kestrel lager.
Old 07 June 2006, 10:08 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba po
20 economy burgers and some Kestrel lager.
HMMMMMMMMM, THINKING MORE IN THE WAY OF SKOL LARGER
Old 07 June 2006, 10:15 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Had 2 BBQ's last weekend

Food wise.. chicken breasts marinated in garlic, lemon and thyme & homemade burgers,

Rustle up a batch of potato salad (I might even give you my prize winnning secret for this if you ask nicely ) and a nice bowl of salad, chill a nice bottle of wine for the ladies, and a few tin/bottles for the lads

I'm hungry now
Old 07 June 2006, 10:31 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Kestrel lager.
Can you still get that stuff?
Old 07 June 2006, 10:48 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted this some time ago, worth an airing perhaps ?

Get some really cheap sausages, burgers and any other ****e thats on offer, spend all day in the sun hammering the Stella and then proceed to 'cook' the 'food' on a recently lit mound of charcoal and firelighters lavishly doused in lighter fluid and anything else flamable, Optimax is good and it cleans the Barbeque whilst it burns according to Shell.

Next get the flames up to about eight feet whilst having some more Stella, garnish the food liberably with some more firelighters, make the food sweat but not cook as the acrid black smoke will do the work and make the meal look cooked, have some more Stella. Remember Barbequed food should never be cooked through, remember Pink is best.

Serve the food, make sure Pregnant women and small sickly children get plenty, you stand there and cane a huge packet of Doritos, washed down with some Stella but nothing off the barbeque.

Stand there feeling all manly whilst drinking Stella, enjoy the sight your freinds and neighbours trying to find something edible on a Tesco Value Chicken wing, they have a special expression that only comes from realising midway through eating how a Chickens Wing actually works, the network of sinews is a sight to behold and theres nothing better than kissing a girl who has raw Chicken Blood on her lips, mmmm good.

Then Stand with Neighbouhoods menfolk swapping manly, frank and usually illegal stories until 3 am whilst drinking Stella, by which time you have put the world to rights, peed in the road several times, decided whose wives you would 'do' and arranged two weeks in Kavos starting on Saturday.
Old 07 June 2006, 10:58 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
Can you still get that stuff?
Probably not. I reckon it's passed into nostalgic legend like the Watney's Party Seven.
Old 07 June 2006, 11:23 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I believe cat is pretty good BBQ'd, just remember to actually take the cover off of the thing ...

Steve
Old 07 June 2006, 11:26 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Don't forget to shave it first, mind
Old 07 June 2006, 11:27 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Oh dear... a high-rise dweller.

<Washes hands>

Old 07 June 2006, 11:29 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Grab cow,wipe its ****, 2 minutes on the barbie and bob's your mothers brother
Old 07 June 2006, 11:31 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO

Get some really cheap sausages, burgers and any other ****e thats on offer, spend all day in the sun hammering the Stella and then proceed to 'cook' the 'food' on a recently lit mound of charcoal and firelighters lavishly doused in lighter fluid and anything else flamable, Optimax is good and it cleans the Barbeque whilst it burns according to Shell.

Next get the flames up to about eight feet whilst having some more Stella, garnish the food liberably with some more firelighters, make the food sweat but not cook as the acrid black smoke will do the work and make the meal look cooked, have some more Stella. Remember Barbequed food should never be cooked through, remember Pink is best.

Serve the food, make sure Pregnant women and small sickly children get plenty, you stand there and cane a huge packet of Doritos, washed down with some Stella but nothing off the barbeque.

Stand there feeling all manly whilst drinking Stella, enjoy the sight your freinds and neighbours trying to find something edible on a Tesco Value Chicken wing, they have a special expression that only comes from realising midway through eating how a Chickens Wing actually works, the network of sinews is a sight to behold and theres nothing better than kissing a girl who has raw Chicken Blood on her lips, mmmm good.

Then Stand with Neighbouhoods menfolk swapping manly, frank and usually illegal stories until 3 am whilst drinking Stella, by which time you have put the world to rights, peed in the road several times, decided whose wives you would 'do' and arranged two weeks in Kavos starting on Saturday.

Missed this one first time round.
Old 07 June 2006, 11:44 PM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO

J4cko, You really DO need a job writing some more nonsense like this even if you have the male/female chitter chatter all wrong

Oh, to spend an evening with you to discuss our many differences..............and similarities
Old 08 June 2006, 09:07 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by little-ginge

Rustle up a batch of potato salad (I might even give you my prize winnning secret for this if you ask nicely )
Go on then!
Old 08 June 2006, 09:45 AM
richieh
Scooby Regular

now this is a bbq

70lb pig-took 15 hrs to cook
richie
Old 08 June 2006, 09:53 AM
Karl 227
BANNED

Well, here's a tip from sausage land, forget sausages

"Schnibbelschien"

Get some of pork steaks ( the kind you'd use for Schnitzel *Achtung*) so about 15cm x 10cm x 2cm and slice them thinly lengthways so that you end up with them the same size but about 5mm thick bits of meat. Marinade them the night before in olive oil, salt, black pepper, sliced onion, and paprika powder. Lay on a hot bbq for a minute or so each side and either stuff them in a fresh roll of have them with salad. You'll eat them until you hurt
Old 08 June 2006, 10:06 AM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Here's an idea for a fabulous chocolate banana pud - looks brown and mushy but tastes like heaven!
  • Take one banana per peson, leave the skin on and make an incision along the inside of the cuve - about 5cm long.
  • Push a few squares of chocolate into the incision.
  • Wrap the whole thing in foil and pop onto a dying BBQ for 10mins
  • Unwrap and eat from the foil with a spoon - it should be too mushy to do much else with.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 08 June 2006, 12:40 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaydee, I suspect that means you are female !

I do fancy doing some writing, I need some suggestions as to what about, a story, situation that hasnt been done to death and I can then get going.
Old 08 June 2006, 02:51 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

We barbied for 32 visitors on Saturday evening.

Chicken breasts sliced into squares and marinated in curry/yoghurt/oil, then put on skewers with peppers, onion, mushrooms.

Lamb chops marinated in white wine, rosemary, lemon juice, crushed garlic

Ultra-fine beefsteaks marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, pear juice and I don't remember what else.

Various pasta and rice salads, garlic bread, a green salad (lettuce/tomato), and a shredded carrot and coriander salad.

An awful lot of Super Bock and Sagres went down too, together with a few bottles of vinho verde (young refreshing wine).

Chocolate brownies and a large trifle for dessert.

The final visitors, powered by alcohol, even washed all plates, glasses and cutlery, so we came down next morning to almost no work to do.

Dog wasn't too interested in going anywhere on Sunday morning

DBW, have to remember your idea, sounds good!
Old 08 June 2006, 03:40 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Something to keep people going while you burn, er I mean cook, the rest of the food.........

Get some asparagus spears and wrap each one in parma ham and then put them on the BBQ. Fantastic little starter, make a huge bowl of them, 'cos they go like wildfire, but take seconds to do.

Geezer
Old 08 June 2006, 06:33 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Rib eye steak mardinade in Kikkoman teriyaki sauce overnight done rare, ******* gorgeous

This weekend with the usual fair, tiger prawns in chilli and garlic
....and plenty of cooking lager, c'mon England
Old 08 June 2006, 09:41 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Go on then!
Seeing as you asked so nicely I had a version of this at a friends wedding reception, and have devised a receipe. Loads of people have said that this is the best potato salad ever *smug*..

It's soooooo simple!

You'll need:
2lbNew Potatoes
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Mayonnaise
Red Onion
Salt/Pepper

Wash and boil new potatoes until cooked.

Gently warm olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large frying pan. Add cooked new potatoes, and flip until lightly covered in oil/vinegar mixture.

Chop 1-2 red onion's (dependent on love of onions!) into fine pieces.

Allow potatoes to cool. Add diced onion. Mix with mayonaise until desired consistancy/taste is achieved. Salt & pepper.

Serve!
You can add/reduce balsamic vinegar according to your tastes.